Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Free Agents?

3 guys I really like are Berrian, Suggs, and Hamlin. I really think those three positions are our biggest needs and I think all 3 are realistic options that would be upgrades.

Berrian and Rice starting at WR
Suggs and Udeze on the ends
Sharper and Hamlin in the secondary

add some more youth in the draft and we are set :)
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All 3? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

One player I see us getting is Antwan Odom from Tennessee.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only(realistic) F/A I would like to sign is Ken Hamlin, it would take away the need at FS. Than we could focus on getting Derrick Harvey, Vernon Gholston, or a RT in round 1.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

i dont think its THAT unrealistic.

6 million for berrian, 5 or 6 for hamlin and im not sure what the going rate for someone like Suggs is, but with 30 million to work with (not counting resigning a few of our FA) allocating 16-18 million to 3 impact players like that wouldnt be a bad deal at all nor unrealistic. The only thing is, Suggs getting tagged.

Also, Gholston is HIGHLY unrealistic, but definitely a dream, doubt we move up to get him in the draft and he surely wont fall. Harvey isnt a bad option, but for some reason i just dont know if he'll be the best available at that spot, so we'll see
Old 02-11-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
i dont think its THAT unrealistic.

6 million for berrian, 5 or 6 for hamlin and im not sure what the going rate for someone like Suggs is, but with 30 million to work with (not counting resigning a few of our FA) allocating 16-18 million to 3 impact players like that wouldnt be a bad deal at all nor unrealistic. The only thing is, Suggs getting tagged.

Also, Gholston is HIGHLY unrealistic, but definitely a dream, doubt we move up to get him in the draft and he surely wont fall. Harvey isnt a bad option, but for some reason i just dont know if he'll be the best available at that spot, so we'll see
Its Unrealistic because we arent the only team in the NFL. Those are 3 Names that any NFL Fan should know off. At least Berrian. Suggs is a good DE and I just dont think Childress going after him. We really haven't addressed a position with a BIG NAME guy since like Hutchinson. I think at best there we Get Hamlin if he doesnt Re-Signed. I think Berrian gets Tagged. Suggs probably gets a Deal by Ravens or Cardinals.

This FA isnt really that deep with big names and seeing how those 3 names are somewhat big people will go after them. I like what Chris said in the Vikings Thread of going after Hackett or Stallworth (If Cut).

I would love to get Gholston but We would have to move up to atleast 5 or 6. Which I would mean 1st 2nd and A 3rd. Thats alot. Unless we unload players to either Jets or Chiefs or Even Patriots but they really dont need anyone we can ship like Chester or a Safety. So I dont know. We are still Re-building and we need to continue with the Draft and stayin with the Most Picks we can get. I would love to get Gholston but Cant say its going to happen.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love it if we could pick up Bryant Johnson. He is very underated and I could realistically see him signing here.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I would love it if we could pick up Bryant Johnson. He is very underated and I could realistically see him signing here.
I agree, he might not be a gamebreaker, but I think he'd but a big upgrade for us.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Right now anyone of us would be an upgrade for us at wide out. and most of us are viable options at qb
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for us to go after Faneca, but i know that they won't break the bank for him.

Any interest in Mike Wahle as a RG?

I know that we re-signed Herrara, but i'm not too confident in him.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I'd love for us to go after Faneca, but i know that they won't break the bank for him.

Any interest in Mike Wahle as a RG?

I know that we re-signed Herrara, but i'm not too confident in him.
Herrera had a great year at right guard. We signed him to a contract extension. Guard is not an issue right now.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am fine with Herrera playing RG. I think with should focus more on RT. If we went out and signed a great Tackle we would have an unstopable O-Line and by doing that and signing a Byant Johnson and drafting a pass rushing DE and a S in rounds 1 and 2 we would make the playoffs for sure.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Its Unrealistic because we arent the only team in the NFL. Those are 3 Names that any NFL Fan should know off. At least Berrian. Suggs is a good DE and I just dont think Childress going after him. We really haven't addressed a position with a BIG NAME guy since like Hutchinson. I think at best there we Get Hamlin if he doesnt Re-Signed. I think Berrian gets Tagged. Suggs probably gets a Deal by Ravens or Cardinals.

This FA isnt really that deep with big names and seeing how those 3 names are somewhat big people will go after them. I like what Chris said in the Vikings Thread of going after Hackett or Stallworth (If Cut).

well yeah, im just saying go after them, we have the money, im not guaranteeing that we sign all 3, just that those 3 players are those we should go after because they'd all really help us. And im gonna have a big no thanks on Hackett (can't stay healthy worth a lick) and Stallworthless. Never been a big fan of his, i thought hes always had a bad attitude and has issues with injuries and will be way overpriced for what hes worth (will cost more than berrian for sure) Berrian has done well the last two years with major QB problems, thats why i think he'll fit the bill the best considering we have Jackson as our QB, and he'll compliment Rice great....
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we can kiss Suggs Good Bye, Reports saying he gonna be franchised. Which I think Berrian will be also. I just cant see the Bears letting Berrian go.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Locklear is a F/A i wouldn't mind taking a look at him for RT but I doubt Seattle lets him leave.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Well we can kiss Suggs Good Bye, Reports saying he gonna be franchised. Which I think Berrian will be also. I just cant see the Bears letting Berrian go.
yah, ive heard the rumors about suggs, kind of stinks, but these days thats going to happen. Im not so sure on Berrian tho, there were rumors that the bears weren't going to franchise him, not sure why, but hey, and those were only rumors so who knows, im still crossing my fingers that he hits FA because IMO, hes the best WR option out there for us and no one else is all that close.

what about odom too at DE? had a fairly decent year in Tennessee last year with 8 sacks, nothing amazing, but could be very helpfull for us, just another option....
Old 02-13-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Im not big on Odom he had an pretty decent year but at this point all I see is a one year wonder. Although to be honest he sounds just like the sort of under the radar guy childress would be interested in.

I'd rather stick with Ray Edwards, Brian Robison, Erasmus James(one last chance to get healthy and contribute) at RDE. Than draft Phillip Merling or Calais Campbell to play LDE.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 02-13-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
NFLCommander
Rookie

NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not a big fan of Berrian. He isn't very consistant although he hasn't had a reliable QB, I just don't think he'd be that big of an upgrade especially since Jackson is worse than both Bears QBs. Sure he is deadly fast, but his hands aren't that much better than anyone we have now. We don't need another fast WR who can't catch. I'd say we're better off drafting a WR with a mid to late round draft pick.

Even if Suggs isn't re-signed, I doubt we'll get him. There are way more argressive teams with will probably outbid us. Suggs was much better at being a 3-4 OLB anyways. I could see Dallas or San Fran getting him first. I really do think we need a defensive end now that Udeze is out for a while, or I would assume so. Luckily there is a fair amount of talented DEs in this years draft.

I'm not too keen on us getting a safety since we probably have the best pair of safeties in our division. I just don't think we need to spend the money on a postition were we are already solid when we have much bigger holes to begin with.
NFLCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

We may have some of the better safeties in our division, but to be honest this division is very weak at the S spot. Safety is a very big hole for now, Tank Williams and Mike Doss are free agents. Sharper is nearing the end of his career, and Dwight Smith can't stay out of trouble(and he isn't that great on the feild). If they re-sign 1 of Tank Williams or Mike Doss that will lessen the need a little bit but it will still be pretty big. Ken Hamlin would be a great free agent signing by this team.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind seeing what Tank can Do. He's been injured and then never got a chance to Start.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I really wouldn't mind Tank that much either he got some playing time here and there and he really wasn't that bad.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the patriots are going to let Stallworth walk. He is a solid receiver that could help our team and he is still pretty young.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll command too much money... and he gets hurt to often to be worth a big contract.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
He'll command too much money... and he gets hurt to often to be worth a big contract.
was he hurt this year? or Last year? I dont think so. People get Injured it happens. He would be worth the money and he would work well with Rice.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
NFLCommander
Rookie

NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not impressed by Stallworth. He's never been able to energize an offense with his presence. He's a slot receiver, not someone you want to count on as a #1 or even #2 receiver. He's had his chances in his career, but mediocre is written on his calling card. He couldn't even rack up big numbers with the Pats this season with their gaudy offense.

Last edited by NFLCommander : 02-18-2008 at 12:10 AM.
NFLCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Pats used him to his strengths. Contrary to what people think he is not a legit deep threat, he would be great for this offense because he can take a short slant and break loose for big gains. A player that can do this would help us loads, just look at Robert Ferguson in the bears game. They stacked 8 guys up front to stop Peterson and when Ferguson caught a simple slant he broke a tackle and was gone.