Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:37 AM    (permalink
d-dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooberon View Post
i hope this means we're resigning wharton to play guard

Me too. Wharton was a really good RG. Hopefully we'll move Wharton there, leave Gross at RT, put Hartwig at LG and then Kailil will move to Center and play well. That would make me very happy for those four positions. For LT, hopefully the Panthers can either sign a young, prosming LT, or draft someone who can be a good LT.

I really hate to see Morgan go as well. He was a really great LB when healthy. But the past few seasons where he wasn't able to stay on the field really killed that for him. The biggest nail in his Carolina Coffin was the emergence of Jon Beason, who played at a near pro bowl level as a rookie. I hope Beason continues to improve and get better to really challenge Willis as the best young MLB in the NFC.

I think Whale still has some gas in his tank. I just don't think he is what the team wants right now. He was a really good guard for 1 1/2 seasons, but it seems that he's bit bitten by the injury bug the past two years. I really wish Morgan the best of luck. I hope he doesn't play another down of football so that he can just enjoy his family and take care of his two young children. I'd really hate to see him take one more head shot in some preseason game and end up as a vegitable. I hope he is able to keep himself from becoming one of those crazy post concusion players that gets into all kinds of crazy stuff.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd want both of them on the Pats, especially Morgan (ILBs free right now are like the dinosaurs.)
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan won't be that pricy, with his injury history... Maybe he could come to detroit and help us out a bit.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think morgan is done but teams should take a gamble on him because of his great leadership.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I hope the saints take that gamble

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/357694.html

Morgan says in the article that he definitely plans to play this year, although I would think he won't play for scraps if he's going to risk further injury/concussions.

Also, the article states that with more cuts coming, David Carr and DeShaun Foster are likely at the top of that list and their releases would save the Panthers around $5M in cap space. I'm amazed they didn't already cut Carr, they have zero confidence in him whatsoever as a quarterback.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

Also, the article states that with more cuts coming, David Carr and DeShaun Foster are likely at the top of that list and their releases would save the Panthers around $5M in cap space. I'm amazed they didn't already cut Carr, they have zero confidence in him whatsoever as a quarterback.
I'm going to go a head and eat some crow I really felt Carr was just playing on a bad team in Houston and would step up his game on a new team well I was wrong.:)
Old 02-12-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

Morgan says in the article that he definitely plans to play this year, although I would think he won't play for scraps if he's going to risk further injury/concussions.

Its time for them to let Foster go. Williams is Faster, younger and I think a better player. And he is the future. Save the money and let the youngster play.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-12-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan's career really got sidetracked by injuries, he is one of the best linebackers i've ever seen in college... 4 year starter at Miami, sub 4.5 speed, mean and nasty and could close in on anyone and run with the best of them. He was absolutely everything you look for in a linebacker and was really the defintion of a 1st round linebacker.

He must really have a love for the game after his half a dozen or so concusions and still wanting to play, have to hand it to him for that.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan was too nasty it would seem, he was so fantastic he hurt himself. Pretty sad.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Morgan was too nasty it would seem, he was so fantastic he hurt himself. Pretty sad.
Haha. Morgan is a injury machine!

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
angelsdontkill

Morgan's constant concussions are scary. That stuff is terrible in the long run.. see: Chris Benoit.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I agree the Chiefs are far from a playoff team but if they really want to see what Croyle can or can't do they have to give him a line I would prefer a younger player like Ryan Lilja. It looks like there will only be two starters from this season starting next year if that Brain Waters is the only lock to start and even his play went down hill some with no one around him.
Didn't you guys already release him once? Really can't see him being picked up (and naturally being grossly overpaid) again
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC signed Lilja as an UDFA in 04, released him right before the season started and probably hoped he'd clear waivers. Now he's been developed (four-year starter with the Colts) and they have a greater need at guard than before, plus he was born in Kansas City and attended Kansas State so obviously it's a market he's familiar with.

I've thought for some time that the Chiefs will sign Lilja this offseason, honestly.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Blindside will be angry
Not so much angry as sad. Morgan is the sort of guy who would've taken a vet minimum to play on the weakside or something.

Hell he'd probably end up selling programs before games if he was fully out of the game, he love/d the team that much.

Just sad to see my favourite player getting turfed.

As for Wahle. I understand it. He's probably a 7 out of 10 as far as guards go but is being paid 10/10 money. Plus he's thirty years old and will be 31 soon and while most linemen can play well into their thirties the last few years he'd had minor to medium issues with his back and his hips and I don't really think that after next season he'll still be able to play at a pro bowl calibre.

The team is deep at interior lineman with Hangartner, Mathis, Kalil, Bridges and Hartwig all capable of playing just about all three spots (bridges is only a RG) so, I can see the team's reasoning.

Cut an older player who'll be on the downside of his career with somewhat of an injury cloud and plug in a younger cheaper player while we use the other money on FA and draft picks.

That said.

I don't think there's a player on our roster who can fill that hole as yet and I also don't think that there's any chance that we have a left side of the line as strong as it was the last two years next year.

Wharton is a FA and with Wahle gone thats the entire blindside that needs to be rebuilt.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:30 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
Morgan's career really got sidetracked by injuries, he is one of the best linebackers i've ever seen in college... 4 year starter at Miami, sub 4.5 speed, mean and nasty and could close in on anyone and run with the best of them. He was absolutely everything you look for in a linebacker and was really the defintion of a 1st round linebacker.

He must really have a love for the game after his half a dozen or so concusions and still wanting to play, have to hand it to him for that.
Sam Mills said Dan Morgan had the potential to be the best linebacker to ever strap on cleats.

I still feel his superbowl performance has got to be one of the top 5 by a linebacker all time.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem I have with putting him at will is that we go through an adjustment phase every year after he gets injured. We clearly cannot count on him to be the starter the whole year so why waste the team's time and the eventual starters time?

Great player, wish I didn't have to say that.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he is a great player to bad he got hurt

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

without the concussions, he'd be one of the best... now.. not so much.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
without the concussions, he'd be one of the best... now.. not so much.
I agree the guy was a monster........To bad

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-13-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

If he could last a full season how good would he be now?

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-13-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

I dont know man. I think he would do good but nothing like he was. Its hard to say. I really like the guy and wish he could make a comeback but I really think his time has passed.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-13-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Its time for them to let Foster go. Williams is Faster, younger and I think a better player. And he is the future. Save the money and let the youngster play.
I would welcome him to green bay with open arms. I hope the Packers stay away from Wahle, the guy will demand too much for what he is worth.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:38 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

Come to the Saints...anyboy is better than what we got

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wahle signed with Seattle http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...e-edition.aspx