Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-28-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Most of those would be pretty good options.

But I can tell you right now, we won't be getting both Maurice Williams and Max Starks. Given that Starks has been transition tagged, I'd be hoping for Mo.

And so it begins...
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
1. 3rd round D/E - Maybe Kearse or a young edge rusher i havent heard of? Suggestions...?
Chris Clemons from the Raiders or Travis Laboy from the Titans would both be great signings.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Agree on LaBoy. Don't know a huge amount about Clemons.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Thats meant to say 3rd DOWN D/E, not 3rd Round D/E. Sorry guys i was up late that night
Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Shane Olivea, anyone? He didn't become rubbish overnight...
Old 02-28-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um. Why hasnt Boley been giving a contract yet? Should I be worried?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Um. Why hasnt Boley been giving a contract yet? Should I be worried?
i know i am.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RAIDERS TO RAID THE CHAMPS?

With safety Michael Huff, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2006 draft, available via trade, the Oakland Raiders could be a few hours away from signing his eventual replacement.

Nancy *** of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Raiders will make an aggressive run at Giants safety Gibril Wilson. Other teams reportedly interested in Wilson include the Eagles, Falcons, and Jaguars.

In a year with few free agents at safety and a relatively weak draft class, Wilson could pocket a huge deal. He is from the Bay Area and might want to return home. But he also wants $5 million per year and $11 million guaranteed.

*** also reports that the Raiders moved to sign defensive tackle Tommy Kelley after it became known that the Broncos and Saints were prepared to offer him contracts after the launch of free agency.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like gibril but doubt we actually sign him.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Just showing some news.

You know, looking around, I hate being perennial losers.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow...Gibril Wilson, who I like a LOT...but 5 years 25 million with 11 million bonus...no thanks

But Michael Huff interests me greatly...what would they demand in return for him? 3rd rounder? If so it may be worth it...I'd rather have a 3rd round selection but he was a 1st rounder not long ago...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

DeAngelo Hall for Michael Huff and a second round pick? Fabian Washington has not been good and they need help. That's a dream though, Asomugha and Fabian is still very nice and having Hall and Nnadi would be too much money in one position.

Doubt they would do it, I hear we can not even get a first round pick.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
DeAngelo Hall for Michael Huff and a second round pick? Fabian Washington has not been good and they need help. That's a dream though, Asomugha and Fabian is still very nice and having Hall and Nnadi would be too much money in one position.

Fine by me. Let's keep DeAngelo, and get this. Build around our young superstar.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Fine by me. Let's keep DeAngelo, and get this. Build around our young superstar.
Well, obviously that would be ideal. But it is not likely.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, obviously that would be ideal. But it is not likely.

I'm not sure it's not likely. Rumors have cooled down, and I don't think Tom is an idiot. And he'd have to be one to take a 2nd for Hall.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm not sure it's not likely. Rumors have cooled down, and I don't think Tom is an idiot. And he'd have to be one to take a 2nd for Hall.
It's still doubtful. Just because the media is less involved doesn't mean everything is back to goodness.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

That better not happen! If it did i would be demand to to be known on these boards as "TradedeangellohallforMichaelHuff" - as you can see, its quite a mouthfull.

Although TradeforMichaelHuff might work?

Huff would be great here, just think that year had two of my favourite prospects ever, Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff, so far they are both sub-par.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

We've contacted Josh Brown (woohoo, finally a proper kicker!), and "tried" to persuade Michael Turner to visit, according to Clayton on ESPN.com. Whether we succeeded in that persuasion is not quite clear.

I REALLY hope that we don't overpay Turner, but he and Norwood together would be a fabulous combo.

That said, we are then not taking advantage of this draft's best attribute, its depth at RB...

I don't want Wilson, especially at that price. He's really a SS, not a FS, in my view.

Also, NOT happy to see the Saints pick up Vilma, and only for a conditional pick!!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Huff would be great. He's been misused in Oakland, and would be much better suited to a ranging role at FS. I'd even pay #47 for him...
Old 02-29-2008, 04:35 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

My wish-list:

RB: Michael Turner for sub-$4mill per year
RT: Maurice Williams or Shane Olivea
FS: Eugene Wilson or Madieu Williams (or trade for Huff)
K: Josh Brown
CB: Drayton Florence
Old 02-29-2008, 04:37 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

I'm going to be away on a lads' holiday in Bratislava for the weekend, so will have to keep nipping into internet cafes to find out what's happening. Very poor timing! Just like last year, in fact, when my cousin's wedding was on draft saturday...
Old 02-29-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I hate us, we can't even convice someone to visit.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure that we are currently working out a deal with Michael Boley. Dimitroff is supposedly very high on him, so it's just a matter of time.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redman is back 2 year deal per ajc
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I hate us, we can't even convice someone to visit.

I wouldn't want to either.