Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best and Worst moments you have experienced as a fan?

Overall, not just this season, for your favorite team?

Best- Seeing as how i was only 7 when the 49ers won their last superbowl, i'd put down The Catch 2 as the best moment i have experienced. That whole game i thought the 49ers would lose, they had lost to the packers every year in the playoffs it seemed. Even on the final drive, i thought it was impossible. There was about less than 15 seconds on the clock and the 49ers were at the 27 of Green Bay, i thought they had no chance to make it. But when TO caught that TD (known as the catch 2) i was jumping with joy. I thought we had no chance in hell to beat the packers, and i was glad we pulled it off. Hell, that drive is still online for anyone who wants to see it.

http://media.putfile.com/The-Catch-2

Worst- Easily, Steve Young getting a career ending injury. I still blame that bum Lawrence Phillips for not picking up that blitz. Just seeing Young lying motionless, it was a terrible feeling. The end of an Era.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is easy,

Best: Super Bowl 34: Kevin Dyson ending up a yard short, (sorry Titans fans)

Worst: 3-13 this season and Super Bowl 36: ADAM VINATIERI, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

best: the "run william run" play against the falcons that pretty much sent us to the playoffs in 2002

worst: having the team stolen

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best moment - January 21st, 2007, Colts 38 Patriots 34. I'll never be able to decide which moment I enjoyed more: Addai's walk into the endzone (thanks to a TERRIFIC pancake of Vince Wilfork by Jeff Saturday) or Marlin Jackson's game sealing interception. Both moments were about as loud as it gets in the RCA Dome, and I doubt I will ever see a better game in person. The fact that I did see it in person is the main reason it trumps Super Bowl XLI.

Worst moment - January 14th, 1996, Steelers 20 Colts 16. IT WAS A CATCH DAMNIT!

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I would have thought that the Niners drafting Alex Smith would have been your worst but I guess I was wrong.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best- 2002 playoff game against the Giants. Just was sick to my stomach watching the first half but the 2nd half was amazing. I will always remember watching TO jump on top of the dugout to celebrate at the end of that game. Also this year's season opener against the Cardinals. The game wasn't very good, but I was at the game and the crowd was white hot for the game. Never been to a game at the Stick, since I have only been a fan since '97, this loud. The end around by Battle had the place shaking and it was fun walking out of the stadium that night......and then the next 15 games happened.

Worst- 2005, only 2 wins and losing to the Packers in the '01 playoffs.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I would have thought that the Niners drafting Alex Smith would have been your worst but I guess I was wrong.
Alex's future as a player has yet to be decided.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best - 49ers winning the Super Bowl in 1994.

Worst- Firing Steve Mariucci.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
This is easy,

Best: Super Bowl 34: Kevin Dyson ending up a yard short, (sorry Titans fans)

Worst: 3-13 this season and Super Bowl 36: ADAM VINATIERI, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
yea yoda got it right on the dot

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best - The 2002 season

Worst - The way it ended
Old 02-13-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Overall, not just this season, for your favorite team?

Best- Seeing as how i was only 7 when the 49ers won their last superbowl, i'd put down The Catch 2 as the best moment i have experienced. That whole game i thought the 49ers would lose, they had lost to the packers every year in the playoffs it seemed. Even on the final drive, i thought it was impossible. There was about less than 15 seconds on the clock and the 49ers were at the 27 of Green Bay, i thought they had no chance to make it. But when TO caught that TD (known as the catch 2) i was jumping with joy. I thought we had no chance in hell to beat the packers, and i was glad we pulled it off. Hell, that drive is still online for anyone who wants to see it.

http://media.putfile.com/The-Catch-2

Worst- Easily, Steve Young getting a career ending injury. I still blame that bum Lawrence Phillips for not picking up that blitz. Just seeing Young lying motionless, it was a terrible feeling. The end of an Era.
The non call on the Jerry Rice fumble still pisses me off from that game. The 9ers should not have been in position to get the catch 2.

My worst moment as a fan was either Tynes making the field goal in over time this year, or 4th and 26.

My best? PACKERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!! Or maybe the '93(I think that was the year) when Favre dove into the endzone against the Falcons to clinch the division for the first time in years, but that would only be because I was at the game.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
The non call on the Jerry Rice fumble still pisses me off from that game. The 9ers should not have been in position to get the catch 2.

My worst moment as a fan was either Tynes making the field goal in over time this year, or 4th and 26.

My best? PACKERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!! Or maybe the '93(I think that was the year) when Favre dove into the endzone against the Falcons to clinch the division for the first time in years, but that would only be because I was at the game.
Your worst would not be the "This one's for John" game? I'd have to think losing the Super Bowl would sting more than anything else.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My best would be my first Packers game at Lambeau, a nice day of 84 degrees and stomping a mudhole on Tampa Bay, tempered only by Dorsey Levens going out hurt.
Worst moment was also live, and it was being down in Tampa at the big sombrero and watching Sterling Sharpe go out with that neck injury on Christmas Eve of 94.
Given the rapport he had with Favre, those two would have had every duo record if Sterling hadn't gone out with the neck problem. Ce la vie....
Old 02-13-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Best Moment....Morten Anderson's field goal miss against the the Jaguars in the last game of the 1996 season that sent the Jaguars to the playoffs for the first time in their history (second year of existence). Went on the AFC Championship game to lose to the Patriots.

Worst Moment....Losing to the damn Tennessee Titans for the third time in the same football season in the AFC Championship game in 1999. I really, it was demoralizing because the Jaguars had the lead going into the fourth quarter and they just gave up.
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
My best would be my first Packers game at Lambeau, a nice day of 84 degrees and stomping a mudhole on Tampa Bay, tempered only by Dorsey Levens going out hurt.
Worst moment was also live, and it was being down in Tampa at the big sombrero and watching Sterling Sharpe go out with that neck injury on Christmas Eve of 94.
Given the rapport he had with Favre, those two would have had every duo record if Sterling hadn't gone out with the neck problem. Ce la vie....
Sterling Sharpe actually got hurt in that Falcon game I was at. I guess the one I was thinking about was '94. He came back and played the next week, he didn't know the injury was so serious.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Best: Music City Miracle
Worst: Super Bowl 34
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: Touchdown pass to draw equal with the Patriots in SB 38.

Worst: The next 5 plays following the extra point.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Moment:Watching Adrian rush for 296 Yards against the Chargers.

Worst Moment:1998 NFC Championship game... It still hurts.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Your worst would not be the "This one's for John" game? I'd have to think losing the Super Bowl would sting more than anything else.
Worst game, yes. Worst moment, no. The 4th and 26 was horrible. I was in shock.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Well now you know how we feel when Don BeeBee was on the ground, got up and went to the endzone, after he was clearly touched, but the refs didn't call it for some odd reason.

Or when Dorsey Levens clearly fumbled after getting blown up by Gary Plummer, the ball was picked up and Plummer went to the endzone. Yet that wasn't called.

Or when Brent Jones was flagged for offensive pass interference, when it was the defender that clearly abused him! That's the most ridiculous one ever.

The Packers owe us more than one in my opinion.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-13-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:38 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst: The first half of the 2006 Bears vs. Cardinals game on MNF

Best: The second half of the 2006 Bears vs. Cardinals game on MNF
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:25 AM    (permalink
bonzi
Rookie

bonzi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Worst: 1998 NFC Championship Game, 2003 Season Finale

Best: AP running for 296, beat the packers in the first round of the playoffs,
Old 02-13-2008, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: realising we were 6-2

worst: Every game after that.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:13 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Best: Desmand Howards Super Bowl Kick Return - When I Knew We Won The Game
Worst: 4th & 26 Eagles vs Packers - That Was Just Sad

Last edited by The Legend : 02-13-2008 at 06:33 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst Moment:

Best Moment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote