Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That was bad. When Tynes was kicking the third FG in Green Bay, all I could think about was Doug Brien. That game was the end of his career. I was thinking if Tynes missed that FG his career would be over just like Doug Brien's. Kickers are funny like that.
I was thinking the same exact thing during that Greenbay game....
Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best: Derrick Thomas 7 sack game against Seattle

Worst:constitently getting knocked out of the playoff by John Elway(I hate that guy)
Old 02-13-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Best= The New Orleans Saints scored a 75-yard touchdown on one of the wackiest plays in NFL history against the Jags.
Donte' Stallworth, who flipped the ball to Lewis. He pitched back to Deuce McAllister, who lateraled to Jerome Pathon, who went the final 21 yards and dove in for the score.

Worst=..Carney missed the point after.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best:
SB XXXI
Oakland MNF Game after Irv Favre died
"We want the ball and we're gonna score"
The Antonio Freeman catch against the Vikings
Music City Miracle just cause I was there
Worst:
4th and 26.....damn
Loss vs Giants in NFC Champ
The whole 2005 season
Dallas loss was tough this year

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: 2005 beating the Steelers to essentially clinch the AFCN title, close after was beating the undefeated Chiefs in 2003.

Worst: Carson getting hurt in the playoff game, good lord was I in a pissy mood watching it. I watched with several of my friends who were major bandwagon fans and the second Carson went down I said we have no chance... Kitna will blow it in the end, they said, "no, we'll be fine I hate when people give up"... What happened? Kitna blew it in the end, then an entire offseason wondering what Carsons future held.

Oh yeah, the entire decade of the 90's is right up there.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: Getting the one for the thumb.
Going on the road during the playoffs and winning each contest.
Having nothing to play for really and still beating the Bengals when if they would have won the game they were going to make the playoffs in 06' with Holmes 78 i believe yard catch and run.

Worst: Witnessing O'Donnell being paid off by Jerry Jones and throwing two picks directly to Larry Brown.
More Recent: Being out Steelered by Jacksonville twice in a year and one of them being in the playoffs.....great games though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best... sadly there arnt tl many for the Raiders lately but overall id saying competitive again when gruden came under the helm as coach and having gannon behind the center.

worst well there are a few

Bo Jacksons career ending game where he broke his hip, Superbowl loss to the Bucs was pathetic! and last but not least against the patriots snow game with the damn tuck rule!
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

having only followed football since 2004 i have very little memories
however some of the best
1985 - bears 44 - 0 dallas, have it on tape, i love how the fans cheer payton as he runs, even dallas do
gary anderson kicking the winning FG against the ravens in the playoffs a few years back
getting to the playoffs this year
beating the colts last year courtesy of a 60 yard FG

some of the worst
pacman
having a potential game tying FG blocked against the pats, who then went on to win the SB against carolina
our drafting of WR's
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best is easily the Steelers win over the Colts in the '05 playoffs. The worst is the AFC Championship home loss to the Pats after a 15-1 season.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Several here.

Best: Raiders beat Broncos 25-24, on Denver, with snow, Langston Walker blocks Elam's game winning FG.

Art Shell and Tom Walsh fired

Beating the Steelers in the 06 season... best play was Carrs INT all the way

Worst: Super Bowl vs. Tampa

The Tuck Rule... it was a fumble...

Gannon injured against Tampa

Anything involving LT

Also in 06 we lose to the Chiefs at KC... called tripping on Sands when it was holding by Waters... Larry Johnson gets to the one.. and the next play, he jumps...

sad days indeed

Last edited by Xonraider : 02-13-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Xonraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best moment:
Super Bowl

Worst moment:
0-16
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Maybe if ur shortstop could field or ur pitcher didn't melt like ice cream in July afterwards, or u guys could have showed up for game 7, no one would remeber Bartman.
When your as drunk as I was after that game it's easier to blame Bartman. Looking back on it I definetly don't blame Bartman for the loss that team choked as bad as any i've ever seen.

Last edited by regoob2 : 02-13-2008 at 06:53 PM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Best moment:
Super Bowl

Worst moment:
0-16
wasn't it 26 straight?? i'm no expert in Tampa Bay football, but i think it was 26 straight.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best: Super Bowl 42(too young to have witnesses the other 2 wins), the 2000 NFCCG against the Vikings. glorious domination, and went in the locker room afterwards!!

worst: the super bowl against the Ravens. Wild card game at Carolina 2 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Rams
Best- Superbowl 34 vs Titans........The Tackle
Worst- Superbowl 36 vs Patriots....The Cheaters

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
wasn't it 26 straight?? i'm no expert in Tampa Bay football, but i think it was 26 straight.
It was, but I'm more hurt by not winning a game in a single season...
Old 02-13-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: Super Bowl, no doubt

Worst: Losing to the Colts 38-35 the season after. I was a young kid at the time, but that was one of the worst losses I've ever seen as a Bucs fan. Plus the stupid call on Rice in OT...

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WORST
T-1. The 03 AFC Championship Game at New England.
T-1. The 04 AFC Divisional Playoffs at New England.
T-1. The 05 AFC Divisional Playoffs versus the Steelers (especially w/ Denver in the AFCCG).
T-1. The 07 AFC Divisional Playoffs versus the Chargers.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i really don't remember worse ones than this (thank god).

WORST
Giants lost to Titans after having a 24 point lead. Also known as the game when Mathias Kiwanuka let go of Vince Young when he had an easy sack that wouldve ended the game.

From this season when Eli Manning threw 4 interceptions and 3 of them were returned for touchdowns against the vikings.

BEST
When the giants beat the Patriots 17-14 in the superbowl after being double digit underdogs.

When the giants beat the Cowboys in the playoffs this year missing two starting CBs and had their 3rd shaken up. They then had RW McQuarters starting with a rookie UFA on the other side, while James Butler (safety who gave up long TDs to Moss and Driver in the playoffs) was in there. The fact that the cowboys had like 45 second or something and were on like the 35 yard line of the giants with Terry Glenn, Patrick Clayton, and TO matched up against those 3, and then the pick by RW in the endzone made the win all but sweeter.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty nice when your worst memory is a random regular season loss in a year you win a Super Bowl.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Pretty nice when your worst memory is a random regular season loss in a year you win a Super Bowl.
Yea, its like all the losses mean nothing. Believe me those two were just the ones that i didnt block out of my mind because of how bad they hurt.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Worst : Doug Brien missing 3 FGs, two for game winners and losing to the Steelers in the 04 playoffs.
Same, I hate Doug Brien.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Moment: Ben taking over in 2004. The resurgence of the team.

Worst: Anytime Kordell Stewart was starting.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
WORST
T-1. The 03 AFC Championship Game at New England.
T-1. The 04 AFC Divisional Playoffs at New England.
T-1. The 05 AFC Divisional Playoffs versus the Steelers (especially w/ Denver in the AFCCG).
T-1. The 07 AFC Divisional Playoffs versus the Chargers.
Did you leave off the 02 playoff game on purpose?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Best: '07 AFC Championship Game
To be there in person to experience the who thing was amazing

Worst: '05 AFC Championship Game
I really didn't think they were ever gonna win one after this game, all hope seemed to be lost.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote