Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Red Bryant, LDE/NT, Texas A&M

Just going to be posting these up for "My" Guys just so everyone gets my views and can ask questions about them.

Don't need to do anyone in first round but Bryant is considered an interesting Pick by some I guess.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What made you change your opinion on Bryant...i remember a few weeks ago, you said to MikeHop Bryant was a joke. But recently you have been really high on him; have you seen more footage, or got some insider info etc??? I havnt seen allot of footage of him, so i would like to hear your analysis. Thanks Stiller
Old 02-13-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's overrated.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
What made you change your opinion on Bryant...i remember a few weeks ago, you said to MikeHop Bryant was a joke. But recently you have been really high on him; have you seen more footage, or got some insider info etc??? I havnt seen allot of footage of him, so i would like to hear your analysis. Thanks Stiller
To be honest, and at the sake of Sounding stupid. I kept getting him and Okam mixed up.

Every time someone brought Bryant up I kept thinking of Okam.

So, First off, Mike, I'm sorry.

secondly. Bryant is stronger and quicker than Okam, and he plays with Intensity. I think of him as Casey Hampton in a 6'5 325lb body.

I think he could play LDE his rookie season and do a few things from there.

1) Continue to learn passrushing moves and play LDE the rest of his career (With Aaron Smith he has about 2-3 years to prepare).

2) Play LDE as a Rookie Stopgap and Move to NT. Play behind Hampton for 2-3 years and take over.

He is bull strong, can hold the point. He's probably as fast and athletic as Balmer and has a thin frame that could probably hold 330-340lbs and keep his athleticism.

I think he could be a good strongside passrusher because there's very few that can anchor against his strength. Add that to the fact Woodley will be coming off the edge is beautiful.

I still have to watch a few more games but I really like the kid.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
bdcbdc7

You still may be thinking of somebody else. He came into the Senior Bowl overweight, he played well but was overweight.

That said, i like Bryant in the 3rd rnd. I liked your idea and have been a proponent of a Jumbo package and using Red Bryant or someone else in a Jumbo package on Running downs (spelling Kiesel) and to keep the starters fresh. He defenitely flashes potential but I keep reading about the motivational issues.

The good news for us is there seems to be a handful of very good DE/DT prospects in the 2nd-4rth rnd area in this draft. Pressley, Sims, Moore & Rubin all seem to have what it takes.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcbdc7 View Post
You still may be thinking of somebody else. He came into the Senior Bowl overweight, he played well but was overweight.

That said, i like Bryant in the 3rd rnd. I liked your idea and have been a proponent of a Jumbo package and using Red Bryant or someone else in a Jumbo package on Running downs (spelling Kiesel) and to keep the starters fresh. He defenitely flashes potential but I keep reading about the motivational issues.

The good news for us is there seems to be a handful of very good DE/DT prospects in the 2nd-4rth rnd area in this draft. Pressley, Sims, Moore & Rubin all seem to have what it takes.
I want Bryant Strongside behind Aaron Smith. Work him as a Run stopper/hold the point giving breathers to Smith, meanwhile, Mitchell trains him up as a passrusher.

Get Dykes/Hayden as a WDE.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

TheWood56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I want Bryant Strongside behind Aaron Smith. Work him as a Run stopper/hold the point giving breathers to Smith, meanwhile, Mitchell trains him up as a passrusher.

Get Dykes/Hayden as a WDE.
Isn't this a bit of a mute point though? Because I know you said the Steelers look at bigger 4-3 DE's to transition to DE in their 3-4 defense, not DT's. I'm pretty Wex said the same thing aswell. Is that where you heard it from, Wex?

Anyways, if what both you and Wex said is true, why are we even talking about Bryant, because realistically, we wouldn't be looking at him, unless of course Tomlin has different idea's and he'd be willing to look at DT's come draft time to shift to 3-4 DE.
TheWood56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56 View Post
Isn't this a bit of a mute point though? Because I know you said the Steelers look at bigger 4-3 DE's to transition to DE in their 3-4 defense, not DT's. I'm pretty Wex said the same thing aswell. Is that where you heard it from, Wex?

Anyways, if what both you and Wex said is true, why are we even talking about Bryant, because realistically, we wouldn't be looking at him, unless of course Tomlin has different idea's and he'd be willing to look at DT's come draft time to shift to 3-4 DE.
Erm...did Tomlin not draft Ryan McBean - DT - Ok State??? I think they will draft who they think is the best option, be that a DE (Kendall Langford) or a DT (Red Bryant, Dre Moore etc).
Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah i was gonna say, i liked bryant in my mock and u wernt at all for him...

but yeah mixing him up with okam i can see why

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

TheWood56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Erm...did Tomlin not draft Ryan McBean - DT - Ok State??? I think they will draft who they think is the best option, be that a DE (Kendall Langford) or a DT (Red Bryant, Dre Moore etc).
Hey, I want the Steelers to go for whoever they want, whether it be a college DT or a bigger college 4-3 DE. When Stiller and I believe Wex said the Steelers prefer or only look at bigger 4-3 DE's come draft time, I was actually disappointed because there's always talented DT's come draft time who could easily make the transition to DE in a 3-4, though it's not like when the draft rolls around there's ever a boat load of talented bigger 4-3 DE's who could make the same transition to DE in a 3-4. Like for example, in this years draft, there's Langford, Merling, Dixon and possibly Campbell, and that's about it, though if the Steelers are open to DT's aswell, which it would be silly if they weren't, there'd be many more options available obviously. Also, I don't even know how accurate that info is anyways, or if it was just like a jump to conclusions because of the way they've drafted in the past. And about McBean, I actually posted over at SCI at least a couple of times about McBean and how he was a DT for Ok State and we still drafted him, though I never got a response, so I just left it at that. But yeah, I was just wondering why Stiller went from saying the Steelers prefer or only look at bigger 4-3 DE's to being a big fan of Bryant as a possible Steeler when basically, he's a NT, though there's nothing wrong with that and I have nothing against him. As Stiller said, in time, he could probably make for a beastly SDE in our system, especially considering he'd be working with Mitchell, and being mentored by both Hampton and Smith. But anyways, Stiller's already explained to me why he went with Bryant and why he's back with the DT's for the Steelers now, and I totally agree with him, and you for that matter. As I said, I was just wondering.

Last edited by TheWood56 : 02-14-2008 at 10:29 PM.
TheWood56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a scouting report on Bryant. I wouldnt touch him after the first weakness they report.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/red-bryant?id=200
Old 02-15-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Here is a scouting report on Bryant. I wouldnt touch him after the first weakness they report.

Of which he's overcome.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:

Plenty of people live with dyslexia and overcome it. My girlfriends brother-in-law has dyslexia and is a city prosecutor in minneappolis, if he could retain all the information needed to pass a bar exam, I'm sure it's possible for someone with dyslexia to retain a playbook.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Plenty of people live with dyslexia and overcome it. My girlfriends brother-in-law has dyslexia and is a city prosecutor in minneappolis, if he could retain all the information needed to pass a bar exam, I'm sure it's possible for someone with dyslexia to retain a playbook.
yo man someone who wants that vap to chill but doesnt want that **** on em is straight, thr=ey def okay in my book

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
yo man someone who wants that vap to chill but doesnt want that **** on em is straight, thr=ey def okay in my book
I think this is a "Punk in Drublic" sighting.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:

Weaknesses in college are so overrated. If you put him in a 3-4, his weaknesses in a 4-3 do NOT translate over.

Thats like saying because a guy can not stop the run as a DE tweener, he wont be able to do it lineing up as an OLB in a 3-4.

Not to mention weaknesses in college can be corrected and coached at the next level.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote