Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-13-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Should the Bucs take McFadden at 20?

Mayock says no. I also tend to be against 1st round RB's in general. Building the oline is more important, imo. However, Mayock is lower on McFadden than me. It would be insane if we got him.

I'm not really sure who I want the Bucs to draft at 20. I've gone through stages where I thought we should go Baker, Jackson, Campbell, or trade it for Chad Johnson. Ultimately I think we should draft someone in the trenches.

Last edited by TRJ997 : 02-13-2008 at 06:45 PM.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis and Matt Ryan should be strongly considered at #20.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a joke? Jackson or Campbell would look like the ideal options at #20.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. No. No. No. No. No.

We have Graham, and Caddy still counts against our cap, so drafting a 1st round RB is stupid.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
No, but Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis and Matt Ryan should be strongly considered at #20.
I agree that all 3 of those would be a better pick for the Bucs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Is this a joke? Jackson or Campbell would look like the ideal options at #20.
Which part do you think is a joke? That we should not even consider McFadden if he slips or that he isn't going to make it to 20. I don't think he will get anywhere near us, but I think we should take a long look if he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
No. No. No. No. No. No.

We have Graham, and Caddy still counts against our cap, so drafting a 1st round RB is stupid.
Graham performed great and I really like him going into next year, but we should (and probably will) take a healthy RB somewhere in this draft because there is a real chance Caddy won't be very effective in 2008. McFadden would compliment Graham very well in our offense.

I agree that we don't need a 1st round RB, but BPA has to kick in at some point, right?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no

Campbell or Jackson would be much better.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This kind of reminds me of the Adrian Peterson rumors last year(I realize that AD was a better prospect).
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be tough to pass on, but I don't think the situation will arise anyway.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
This kind of reminds me of the Adrian Peterson rumors last year(I realize that AD was a better prospect).
This is almost exactly like that. I bet we will see people with "Remember Darren McFadden" in their sigs soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
It would be tough to pass on, but I don't think the situation will arise anyway.
This was my exact sentiment when I made the post. I honestly thought that most Buc fans would jump at the opportunity to take the player who is #1 on Scott's Big Board (as of today). I'm sure he will drop some, but I don't agree that he should be outside of the top 5-10 in terms of prospect rankings. I'd rather use our 1st round pick on a lineman, but I'd take McFadden over Jackson. Call me crazy.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
Which part do you think is a joke? That we should not even consider McFadden if he slips or that he isn't going to make it to 20. I don't think he will get anywhere near us, but I think we should take a long look if he does.
The fact there is even discussion that he will have a remote chance of slipping to #20.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
The fact there is even discussion that he will have a remote chance of slipping to #20.
I agree with that. This thread was supposed to be a little tounge and cheek due to all of the McFadden hating going around.

I was a surprised when the first replies said not to take him so emphatically.