Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default McNamee and Clemens Testify

ESPN's Article

Discuss the testimonies here.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I'm so tired of this....it's worth discussion, I'm just saying I, personally, am tired of all this steroid ********...

And, WTF is with half of the congressman defending Clemens and then the other half defending Mcnamee....I think it's clear that they both have committed perjury and should be punished...throw them both in jail...

Andy Petite holds all the cards in this thing right now...and WTF was he not there with Clemens and McNamee? sounds fishy...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched quite a bit today, even though I am not a baseball fan. I got really mad at Clemens and the Republicans while watching it. I forget which senator, but one of them just got in McNamee's face the entire time. I understand that McNamee lied in past reports, only to save his friend, but when it came down to the United States Government he told the truth. They senators seemed to go easy on Clemens.

I personally believe that Clemens did it, and I came to this conclusion while watching. Pettitte, Pettitte's wife, and Clemen's wife all said they overheard Clemens discussing HGH in their own personal testimonies. Clemens' defense? 'They misheard what I was saying.' People ask why Clemens did not talk to Mitchell. Clemens' defense? 'I did not know he wanted to talk.' Even though on 60 Minutes he acknowledged that his lawyers told him not to talk.

The whole situation really made me dislike Clemens and feel bad for McNamee, who was trying to protect himself and his friend and now is trying to do the right thing. I hope this report and its effects really clean up baseball as well as all sports that may have illegal steroid use. I like to think that the NHL doesn't have a lot.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I'm so tired of this....it's worth discussion, I'm just saying I, personally, am tired of all this steroid ********...

And, WTF is with half of the congressman defending Clemens and then the other half defending Mcnamee....I think it's clear that they both have committed perjury and should be punished...throw them both in jail...

Andy Petite holds all the cards in this thing right now...and WTF was he not there with Clemens and McNamee? sounds fishy...
Pettitte wasn't there because he didn't want to do his testimony in front of Clemens and McNamee, probably because he wanted to tell the truth without them glaring at him. Did McNamee ever lie to the court. He admitted that he lied to the press, but I don't think he ever lied in court. Clemens on the other hand...
Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sum up the day:
Clemens: I didn't take steroids. Wouldn't Petitte's tellz me we are tight?
McNamee: Why would I admit to shoving a needle in his ass? Have you seen the man doesn't look pretty. Plus Canseco had a sweet barbecue that they were having like a needle party with HGH in the punch.
Clemens: I didn't go I was golfing. But I may have dropped of my wife, kids, teammates, my dog, my maid, my babysitter. But I was not there.
Senator from Indiana to McNamee: You lie CLEMENS ROXORZ!!!1!
Almost all Democratic congressmen: Clemens you lie because this liar is more trust worthy than you.
Congressman: Petitte says he took HGH and said you talked about it?
Clemens: He misremembered, I AM ROGER CLEMENS.

In the end none of it really matters and nothing unknown really came out.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I watched quite a bit today, even though I am not a baseball fan. I got really mad at Clemens and the Republicans while watching it. I forget which senator, but one of them just got in McNamee's face the entire time. I understand that McNamee lied in past reports, only to save his friend, but when it came down to the United States Government he told the truth. They senators seemed to go easy on Clemens.

I personally believe that Clemens did it, and I came to this conclusion while watching. Pettitte, Pettitte's wife, and Clemen's wife all said they overheard Clemens discussing HGH in their own personal testimonies. Clemens' defense? 'They misheard what I was saying.' People ask why Clemens did not talk to Mitchell. Clemens' defense? 'I did not know he wanted to talk.' Even though on 60 Minutes he acknowledged that his lawyers told him not to talk.

The whole situation really made me dislike Clemens and feel bad for McNamee, who was trying to protect himself and his friend and now is trying to do the right thing. I hope this report and its effects really clean up baseball as well as all sports that may have illegal steroid use. I like to think that the NHL doesn't have a lot.
That Senator was an idiot, he considered Jose Canseco's affidavit to be honest, and then they came out with what the nanny said, and he was owned.

Pettite and Knoblauch are the keys.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote