Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with

Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with?

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta think either one of Briggs, Samuel, or Faneca will be the first to sign.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would guess Briggs. But what team I dont know.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I would guess Briggs. But what team I dont know.
I'm having trouble finding a great match as well. For such a good player, thats strange. I could see not many teams wanting to pay the type of salary he is looking for, for a LBer. A lot of teams who would probably want him, already have their stud linebacker. Maybe a team like the Vikings?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say samuel maybe to the Saints or Cards

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm having trouble finding a great match as well. For such a good player, thats strange. I could see not many teams wanting to pay the type of salary he is looking for, for a LBer. A lot of teams who would probably want him, already have their stud linebacker. Maybe a team like the Vikings?
Yea im with you on this. I think its about giving up all that money for him. Is he worth it or is he just good becouse he is playing next to Brian and a good front 4? Im not taking anything away from briggs but I dont know to many teams that dont have a stud LB that are willing to give up the cash for a LB.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
I would say samuel maybe to the Saints or Cards
I would love for the Saints to take Samuel and Briggs.. God know we need them..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im prolly going to get blasted for this...but i think Briggs is overrated. I certainly wouldnt wanna pay top bucks for him, i dont even think he is a top 10 OLB in the league.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Can you name 10 better? He's an 26 year old 3 time pro bowler who has good size, can cover can play sideline to sideline and can get after the qb. I really don't think there are 10 LBs especially OLBs that are better.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Alan Faneca to the Cards or Bryant Johnson to either Miami or Jacksonville
Old 02-15-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
^Can you name 10 better? He's an 26 year old 3 time pro bowler who has good size, can cover can play sideline to sideline and can get after the qb. I really don't think there are 10 LBs especially OLBs that are better.
Peterson, A.J Hawk, Jason Tayler, Merriman, Phillips, Bulluck, Ware .I did try but could not come up with 10 that I would like to have over Briggs at OLB....So I agree with you he is a top 10 OLB in my book And he is till young so he has alot of upside.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Last edited by SaintsFanForLife : 02-15-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Boley, Derrick Brooks, Keith Bulluck, Angelo Crowell, Karlos Dansby, Donnie Edwards, James Harrison, AJ Hawk, EJ Henderson, Thomas Howard, Shawne Merriman, Kirk Morrison, Julian Peterson, Ernie Simms, Terrell Suggs, Mike Vrabel, Demarcus Ware, DJ Williams, Will Witherspoon, Kamerion Wimbley

Those are some of the best OLB's in the league, the bolded ones are players i would rather have than Lance Briggs. But thats just my opinion.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Half the players you guys named are 3-4 rush OLBs which is a totally different position. out of those lists the only player I think is hands down better is Julian Peterson. Hawk is not yet a pro bowler and neither is Sims though I defiently think they both wil be.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
^Half the players you guys named are 3-4 rush OLBs which is a totally different position. out of those lists the only player I think is hands down better is Julian Peterson. Hawk is not yet a pro bowler and neither is Sims though I defiently think they both wil be.
Hawk doesn't deserve to be a pro bowler yet. Sims, thats questionable. He could have made it this year and I would have considered it justified. However I'm not sure Briggs deserved to go all the years he did.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the Redskins are interested

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs will get a deal the first day of FA with the Skins.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Hawk doesn't deserve to be a pro bowler yet. Sims, thats questionable. He could have made it this year and I would have considered it justified. However I'm not sure Briggs deserved to go all the years he did.
I really don't get all the Ernie Sims love on here. He overpursues constantly, leaving wide open cutback lanes for runners. He hasn't learned to harness his speed yet.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna say Alan Faneca will sign with the Bears the first day of FA. We don't spend a whole lot on the market, but when we do we strike fast (Moose signed about 2 minutes into FA a few years back).

And just so nobody thinks I'm being a homer, I would most likely not be in support of such a move given that he'll probably get the biggest contract for a guard ever.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Snyder throwing a ton of cash to Briggs and thus making the Redskins further in salary cap hell. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
KRS1
Rookie

KRS1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would think it's probably going to be Samuel. I would rather have him than Nate Clements and that was the guy last year. I could see a number of teams after him and someone will throw stupid money at him and it will get done quick.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bucpimpin
Rookie

bucpimpin smells like sex panther.

Skins have no money.. They are over the cap and cannot sign players while they are over.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could certainly see Briggs signing with the Saints early on. Those familiar with the organization know they've been searching for a solid LB for a while now even dating back before the '06 draft when they were planning to select Hawk #2.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the bears signing Corey Williams early to team up with Tommie Harris. I hope we sign Michael Boley!

Last edited by PACKmanN : 02-15-2008 at 10:33 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I could certainly see Briggs signing with the Saints early on. Those familiar with the organization know they've been searching for a solid LB for a while now even dating back before the '06 draft when they were planning to select Hawk #2.
I would love to see that happen.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I guess you can end this, Mike Wahle just signed with the Seahawks.