View Poll Results: Yankees or Mets?
Yankees 17 25.76%
Mets 49 74.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ive Decided Im Giving Baseball a Try (Dilemma)

So usually after football season, I transition right into basketball and my Knicks. Well....it hasn't been pretty for awhile, so Ive decided as long as the Knicks are sucking harder than ever, I might as well give baseball a try.

Here's the thing, I really don't know anything about baseball. I know its a complex sport, but to me, all I see is a batter and a pitcher. I don't understand the different types of pitches, the outfield alignments, the rotations, the adjusting of the infield etc.

Also, I technically don't have a team. Now I feel that as a fan, I should root for a local team since access to them is easier and its easier to learn the game with a local team and just for the simple fact that its usually what you do, root for the local team.

Now, that leaves us the Mets and Yankees. Heres the dilemma: I kind of was a Mets fan growing up, not really, i rooted for them when i was like 5, then stopped watching or caring about baseball all together, and nowadays, I know much more about the Yankees, everyone I know is a Yankees fan so the transition would be easier, plus the Yankees have a relationship with the Giants. But Id feel like a traitor if I started supporting them, because once long ago, I was a Mets fan.

Plus, my 2 favorite players, Pedro and now Santana, are both Mets. So who should I root for, the Mets or Yankees?

Everyone in my family are diehard Yankee fans except my oldest brother, who's a Met fan. I was a childhood Met fan during the days of Strawberry and Gooden, but that was so long ago, and I was just a kid. I dunno, I still would feel like I betrayed em if I became a Yankees fan though, it just doesn't seem right.

But Id learn the game and team much faster bc thats all they talk about over here, the Yankees.

So...what you think?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget that noise, go with baseball's Big Blue, the Toronto Bue Jays. I'll vouch for you.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are the only choices? eww.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Go with the Mets. Our forum is in the Giants Team forum anyway. Would make it easier.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Confirmed, like the world needs another Mets fan or Yankees fan.

Answer: Hell no. Stop wasting our resources.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Royals need more fans.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, its gotta be a local team. that way i can absorb the radio chat, and i can watch their games on tv. plus, hey, its the local team, i always root for local teams.

*shrug*
Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** New York, the Giants won the SB, u are a great fan, come cheer for the Cards.
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with the Yankees.
It'll be 10x easier with your friends if you're a yankees fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Out of curiousity, when you rooted for the Mets as a kid, were you and your brother the only ones in the family to do so?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
haha, its gotta be a local team. that way i can absorb the radio chat, and i can watch their games on tv. plus, hey, its the local team, i always root for local teams.

*shrug*
I can't watch Yes Network. Their commentary is terrible in my opinion compared to the guys at SNY. Yankee fans might tell you different, but it really isn't close.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cheer for the Crew! Young, exciting, and they have #28!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Out of curiousity, when you rooted for the Mets as a kid, were you and your brother the only ones in the family to do so?
no, actually i have 2 cousins who were also Met fans, but they are no longer in the area.

other than that, no not really. i don't really remember, baseball was always 3rd fiddle in our family anyway. Football and basketball were always the big 2.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wish the Braves were local...I gotta pay too much to watch their games. It was so much easier when I lived there...and now I dont even have TBS...blah.

If it has to be one of those teams...i'd say the Mets would be the obvious choice if your two favorite players are already on that team.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go with the Rays. Go with the future.

Edit: Plus we have Kazmir. he used to be a met.
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I can't watch Yes Network. Their commentary is terrible in my opinion compared to the guys at SNY. Yankee fans might tell you different, but it really isn't close.
Michael Kay annoys me. But thats the thing, I get most of my baseball "knowledge" from the radio, and they talk Yankees like 80% of the time.

Everyone is Pro Yankee over here.
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Cheer for the Crew! Young, exciting, and they have #28!
Don't do it BBD, no NL other NL Central teams except the Cards. The Astros, Reds and Pirates suck. And the Brewers and Cubs will break ur heart.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I wish the Braves were local...I gotta pay too much to watch their games. It was so much easier when I lived there...and now I dont even have TBS...blah.

If it has to be one of those teams...i'd say the Mets would be the obvious choice if your two favorite players are already on that team.
I also like Rivera though. Jaba also tickles my pickle.

I have respect for A Rod. Don't like Jeter too much, he's so full of himself nowadays.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Definitely be a Mets fan. Although the city is run by the yankees (just listen to the radio or sport programs the yanks always get the most talk) the mets are the more interesting team. With an AMAZING new stadium and exciting YOUNG players Jose Reyes and David Wright both 24 years old signed to long term deals..

If your a casual fan you wanna watch for the excitement, and the mets are all about energy. Theres almost nothing more exciting then watching Jose Reyes steal base after base.. knowing hes going to go, knowing the pitcher knows hes gonna go. and steals the base anyway.. Its exciting to watch Billy Wagner throw 100 mph to close out a victory.. Duaner Sanchez and his over the top emotion.. Ollie perez and Johnny Maine both 20 something pitchers with electric stuff.. Pedro is Pedro.. Johan is a BEAST.. Oh and i almost forgot the outfielders.. Remember "the catch" by Endy Chavez? and Beltran, what can i say.. the man can do it all, and so smoothly..

Plus, i touched on it earlier but its worth going into detail. The new stadium, citi field, is going to be amazing. Its the start of a new exciting era in sports. Theres almost nothing better in life then going to the ballpark on a weekend and watching the game.. Wouldnt you wanna do that at a brandy new top of the line state of the art wonderful fantastic stadium??

Finally, If you've ever watched a Yankee game, the commentators are annoying. Its hard to watch them play because anything and everything they do is amazing. Its hard to notice but when you do, its like the arrow for FEDEX, its all you notice. I have nothing against yankee fans, but alot of them are irrational too. Mets fans are pessimistic, yankee fans pull their hair out screaming the sky is falling calling for firings and replacements, when they lose a game to boston.. its so silly..

GO METS

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I also like Rivera though. Jaba also tickles my pickle.

I have respect for A Rod. Don't like Jeter too much, he's so full of himself nowadays.
He tickles your pickle, huh? hahaha

um... i dunno, flip a coin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say go with the Yankees for now. If most people you know like them, you can learn more quickly.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

If u have to cheer for a New York team, cheer for the Mets. The Mets are in the NL, the NL is like the East in B-Ball and NFC in football, but worse. The Mets just added the best pitcher in the game. They have a much, much better chance.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go with the Mets plz theres no need for anymore Yankee fans out there! Who said it was a bad thing to be different anyways? In this situation Id follow my heart over my mind.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Be different from ur family! If I was like my family I'd cheer for the Vikings, the T-Wolves, and the Twins. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw that noise, BBD jump on the Orioles bandwagon. They are finally rebuilding and Andy MacPhail is the man to get the job done. Everyone is down playing them now but now is the time to be on that Orange and Black bus. Besides, I'll put in a good word for you and we can always use another NY O's fan. ;)

If not go for the Mets, the world doesn't need anymore Yankee fans.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote