View Poll Results: Yankees or Mets?
Yankees 17 25.76%
Mets 49 74.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i always thought the classic new york relationship was...

mets/islanders/giants
yankees/rangers/jets

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i always thought the classic new york relationship was...

mets/islanders/giants
yankees/rangers/jets
Switch the football teams and you have it right.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, not really I see more Yanks/Rangers/Giants and Mets/Islanders/Jets

I'm in the first group.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets fans typically like the Islanders? I never knew this. All the Mets fans I know are Ranger and Giants fans for the most part.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Mets fans typically like the Islanders? I never knew this. All the Mets fans I know are Ranger and Giants fans for the most part.
I would have left the hockey out of it as that doesn't have such a clear cut line. But you live in NJ so you get more of the Mets/Rangers thing or even the Devils. But Long Island has a stronger Mets fanbase than NJ does, so that is where the Islanders tie comes in.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Maybe it was just that most of my friend at one point in time were from suffolk county, and that was a local thing. i'm sure it'd be different in the city.

'_'

Old 02-20-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I would have left the hockey out of it as that doesn't have such a clear cut line. But you live in NJ so you get more of the Mets/Rangers thing or even the Devils. But Long Island has a stronger Mets fanbase than NJ does, so that is where the Islanders tie comes in.
yeah. I live right next to PA also...so, there is also that PA influence. I hate where I live. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Maybe it was just that most of my friend at one point in time were from suffolk county, and that was a local thing. i'm sure it'd be different in the city.

'_'

I'm from Suffolk, not really the norm.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

I'm from Suffolk, not really the norm.
you're not real.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd be suprised how many Mets/Giants fans there are. On a big Mets board that I go too in a poll most Mets fans there were actually Giants fans as well. The whole Mets/Jets-Yankees/Giants thing is not as true as it was 50 years ago.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Might as well become a Jets fan then. Can't believe you made such a bad decision. Like you said, the Giants have so many ties with the Yankees. That alone should have made your decisions easier. Wasn't that Superbowl Championship an amazing feeling? Well you better hope the Giants win again next year because you won't be getting that same feeling from the Mets and certainly not the Knicks.

And to think I had "Joba Rules" and "Got Melky?" shirts all ready to be shipped to you.
Yeah but look at it this way. If I switched teams, it would be like going from the Giants to the Jets, which would make me a traitor. I couldn't do that. My conscience wouldn't allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Why root for the Yankees?

That's like rooting for Brad Pitt to get the girl...
Well, theyre local. If I was going to go with anything but the Mets, it would have to be the Yankees. *shrug*
Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah but look at it this way. If I switched teams, it would be like going from the Giants to the Jets, which would make me a traitor. I couldn't do that. My conscience wouldn't allow it.
Actually it would be like switching from the Jets to the Giants. You would be moving up in the world.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jughead is one of the reason you don't want to be a Yankees fan. There are millions like him who are arrogant and think they own the whole baseball world. Rooting for the Mets is much more fun and while we dont have the storied history of the Yankees we have a good history. Omar has this team ready and we will be in contention every year with the base of young players we have.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jughead is one of the reason you don't want to be a Yankees fan. There are millions like him who are arrogant and think they own the whole baseball world. Rooting for the Mets is much more fun and while we dont have the storied history of the Yankees we have a good history. Omar has this team ready and we will be in contention every year with the base of young players we have.
I don't think we own the baseball world. We just own NY.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah thanks to bandwagon fans all over the place.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if that will be the case this year. The Mets should be a better team record wise at least.

The Yankees are a little on the old side. Im not sure if it effects baseball players the same way it does football players, but that can't be a good thing I don't think.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah thanks to bandwagon fans all over the place.
Yup thats exactly the reason why we own NY. ::rolls eyes::
Old 02-20-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't know if that will be the case this year. The Mets should be a better team record wise at least.

The Yankees are a little on the old side. Im not sure if it effects baseball players the same way it does football players, but that can't be a good thing I don't think.
The Mets are actually just as old as the Yankees if not older. And age doesn't effect baseball players nearly as much as it does football players. Not to mention the Mets now have one of the worst farm systems in baseball so there isn't much coming through the system except Fernando Martinez. The only reason the Mets would have a better record is the fact that they play in AAAA.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-20-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
The Mets are actually just as old as the Yankees if not older. And age doesn't effect baseball players nearly as much as it does football players. Not to mention the Mets now have one of the worst farm systems in baseball so there isn't much coming through the system except Fernando Martinez. The only reason the Mets would have a better record is the fact that they play in AAAA.
This Mets team could compete in the AL and make the playoffs. Also, the farm system will be more than fine once our young players get back on the field this year. We have a lot of talent it's just low depth right now. Also, we have 2 first rounders and that's all you need to restart your farm system. Before 3 years ago the Yankees continually had bad farm systems it doesn't take much to change that around.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Who has the better pitching staff? I don't know much about baseball, but Im a firm believer that its all about pitching. I much rather have a great pitching rotation compared to a great lineup, and I would trade a great hitter for a great pitcher 9 times out of 10.

I heard Pedro is coming back up to par, if he can get healthy by playoff time the Mets have him and Santana. I also heard El Duce is going to pitch in the 8th, which should help the bullpen.

I like the potential of Chamberlain and Hughes, but theyre a little green right now.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Who has the better pitching staff? I don't know much about baseball, but Im a firm believer that its all about pitching. I much rather have a great pitching rotation compared to a great lineup, and I would trade a great hitter for a great pitcher 9 times out of 10.

I heard Pedro is coming back up to par, if he can get healthy by playoff time the Mets have him and Santana. I also heard El Duce is going to pitch in the 8th, which should help the bullpen.

I like the potential of Chamberlain and Hughes, but theyre a little green right now.
The Mets have a better rotation now but the Yankees as you said have the potential to have a great young 1-2 in Joba and Hughes. El Duque is actually staying in the Mets rotation and will slot in the #5 spot. Aaron Heilman and a healthy Duaner Sanchez are going to be our 7th and 8th inning bullpen guys. The Mets also have Maine and Perez who are both pretty young so most likely they will be sticking around as well.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

El Duque apparently got pretty upset when someone suggested moving him to the bullpen. I think he is the #5 starter for the Mets. The Mets pitching staff should be great if Pedro is back to normal. We'll see if he can stay healthy. Sanatana should be a ton better because the NL is so much easier on pitchers. Its hard to say whose pitching staff is better. Mets is certainly move proven. People pass over on Wang so easily as just a decent pitcher for the Yankees. But is hard to find guys who have done what he has in back to back years in the AL.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I think Perez will be gone after next year. He already state he wants to test FA after this season. I don't see the Mets chasing him, unless he has a really really good year.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I think Perez will be gone after next year. He already state he wants to test FA after this season. I don't see the Mets chasing him, unless he has a really really good year.
Yeah I think he is gone too. He is trying to really squeeze money out of the Mets in arbitration. He will try and cash in before he goes back to his wild ways.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I think he is gone too. He is trying to really squeeze money out of the Mets in arbitration. He will try and cash in before he goes back to his wild ways.
Doesn't help that his agent is Boras.