View Poll Results: Yankees or Mets?
Yankees 17 25.76%
Mets 49 74.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
El Duque apparently got pretty upset when someone suggested moving him to the bullpen. I think he is the #5 starter for the Mets. The Mets pitching staff should be great if Pedro is back to normal. We'll see if he can stay healthy. Sanatana should be a ton better because the NL is so much easier on pitchers. Its hard to say whose pitching staff is better. Mets is certainly move proven. People pass over on Wang so easily as just a decent pitcher for the Yankees. But is hard to find guys who have done what he has in back to back years in the AL.
Doesn't Wang choke in the playoffs though? I remember a cousin of mine told me that.

I remember hearing about an up and coming pitcher for the Mets on the radio last year, but Im forgetting his name. Im not sure if they still have him or if they traded him.

Who's the Mets catcher now? We don't have La Duca anymore right?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Sox fan so if I am telling someone to pick between the two NY teams, BBD I'm gonna have to tell you to be a Mets fan. Mainly because I hate the Yankees, but also because Pedro Martinez is one of my favorite players (even though he left us). The Mets will be exciting to watch this year, they got Santana to add to an extremely talented roster. Usually most people in the northeast are christened as fans of certain teams, especially in your area. Just become a Sox fan.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Doesn't help that his agent is Boras.
It is smart though. I'd try and get as much money as possible too. Because if he goes back to his wild ways and shows last year was an abbiration, he will not make anything worth while on the open market next season.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Mets have a better rotation now but the Yankees as you said have the potential to have a great young 1-2 in Joba and Hughes. El Duque is actually staying in the Mets rotation and will slot in the #5 spot. Aaron Heilman and a healthy Duaner Sanchez are going to be our 7th and 8th inning bullpen guys. The Mets also have Maine and Perez who are both pretty young so most likely they will be sticking around as well.
How is our bullpen guys? I hear that having a strong bullpen in today's game is almost as important as having a good starting pitching rotation, is that true?

And why don't pitchers pitch past the 6th inning anymore?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Doesn't Wang choke in the playoffs though? I remember a cousin of mine told me that.

I remember hearing about an up and coming pitcher for the Mets on the radio last year, but Im forgetting his name. Im not sure if they still have him or if they traded him.

Who's the Mets catcher now? We don't have La Duca anymore right?
Wang choked this past season against the Indians. But the previous two years he did well enough in the playoffs.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How is our bullpen guys? I hear that having a strong bullpen in today's game is almost as important as having a good starting pitching rotation, is that true?

And why don't pitchers pitch past the 6th inning anymore?
The bullpen should be pretty good this year but it's pretty much the hardest thing to predict on a team. We have Billy Wagner who is a top 10 closer in baseball even though a lot of fans like to say he's a choker as well. We have very good setup guys(one coming back from an arm injury) and then a lot of depth for the earlier innings. If the guys do what they can then we should have one of the better bullpens in the NL. As for pitchers not going past the 6th inning they do but it isn't as often as you'd like. The better pitchers in the game do and the Mets shouldn't have a problem with that too much this year.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote