Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Walsh Has Tapes

Walsh has tapes here is the link http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If he has the tapes I would love to see them.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-16-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like to see them. I dont think anything major other than some people being suspended will go down. But yea I would like to see what kind of stuff they get from the videos

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Copied and pasted:

Let's just think of it like this: if this Matt Walsh guy really did tape the Rams practice before the Super Bowl, and subsequently got fired from the Patriots after that very game, do you think there is any chance they even knew about it? And if they did, what do you think the probability that a tape like that ever leaves their possession would be? My money is on less then .001%.

Furthermore, the guy is asking for total indemnity in order to talk, meaning that he wants the NFL to protect him from potential litigation if he says something, and the NFL is willing to offer him that with one simple rule: he tells the truth.

That's not good enough for him.

So see, something is not adding up here. The Patriots won't so much as smile if it gives away a hint about what they are doing/scheming/game-planning and they have a coach that gives you nothing. Do you mean to tell me that a tape like this has been out there for what, six, seven years and they didn't know and haven't done something about it? I don't buy it.

And why would he come out with it now? Out of the blue. They played in two Super Bowls before this one and the story was huge FIVE months ago. Why now?

I just don't buy it.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Copied and pasted:

Let's just think of it like this: if this Matt Walsh guy really did tape the Rams practice before the Super Bowl, and subsequently got fired from the Patriots after that very game, do you think there is any chance they even knew about it? And if they did, what do you think the probability that a tape like that ever leaves their possession would be? My money is on less then .001%.

Furthermore, the guy is asking for total indemnity in order to talk, meaning that he wants the NFL to protect him from potential litigation if he says something, and the NFL is willing to offer him that with one simple rule: he tells the truth.

So see, something is not adding up here. The Patriots won't so much as smile if it gives away a hint about what they are doing/scheming/game-planning and they have a coach that gives you nothing. Do you mean to tell me that a tape like this has been out there for what, six, seven years and they didn't know and haven't done something about it? I don't buy it.

And why would he come out with it now? Out of the blue. They played in two Super Bowls before this one and the story was huge FIVE months ago. Why now?

I just don't buy it.
That is a great point I dont undersatand why it would just now come out myself. I think all this stuff just needs to be let go.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-16-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Copied and pasted:

I just don't buy it.
I'm sick of you trying to constantly defend your classless, cheating patriots. I've read every single post in every thread involving the Patriots cheating, and all you've managed to say is "I don't buy it" and try to compile some random legal evidence to defend them. Give it up man, the Pats have been doing this for years and whether it is considered "cheating" or whatever, is irrelevant because when it comes down to it, it's just down right classless and immoral. The whole reason in my eyes, why the steroids issue with Bonds and Clemens is such a big deal, is because they were great players before but decided to rub everyone's faces in it by cheating to get EVER BETTER. Seems to me like that's a lot like what the Patriots are doing. Whether they're found guilty or not doesn't matter to me anymore, the fact that they've been mentioned in cheating scandals not once, not twice, but on FOUR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, means somethings up....3 different sources are not going to make the same story up 4 different times (Jets, Rams, and Steelers twice considering it was two separate instances they were alleged to be filming).

So stop being a homer and admit that you root for an amazing team that loves to rub people faces in the dirt and cheats.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe he just copied the tapes? It seems like a prudent thing to do.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoooooo.. I thought you meant Bill Walsh(RIP), I was having a out of body experiance.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, how about a Thread: Patriots vs the Rest and post all that stuff
im getting kinda sick with all these new threads every day. Its a big deal?yes, but just keep a ticker pls, its all kinda getting messy on this board

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I advise is dont cheat........and they will not catch you

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the tapes will be rickrolled.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

the significant aspect of this is Matt Walsh will be called to testify and so the fact that the Patriots reffuse to give him indemnity will be moot becuase he will be fully protected on the stand. This is going to snowball big time. I wouldnt be surprised if at the end they will be stripped of at least one superbowl. who knows maybe they'll be forced to change their name to the New England Asteriks

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
I'm sick of you trying to constantly defend your classless, cheating patriots. I've read every single post in every thread involving the Patriots cheating, and all you've managed to say is "I don't buy it" and try to compile some random legal evidence to defend them. Give it up man, the Pats have been doing this for years and whether it is considered "cheating" or whatever, is irrelevant because when it comes down to it, it's just down right classless and immoral. The whole reason in my eyes, why the steroids issue with Bonds and Clemens is such a big deal, is because they were great players before but decided to rub everyone's faces in it by cheating to get EVER BETTER. Seems to me like that's a lot like what the Patriots are doing. Whether they're found guilty or not doesn't matter to me anymore, the fact that they've been mentioned in cheating scandals not once, not twice, but on FOUR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, means somethings up....3 different sources are not going to make the same story up 4 different times (Jets, Rams, and Steelers twice considering it was two separate instances they were alleged to be filming).

So stop being a homer and admit that you root for an amazing team that loves to rub people faces in the dirt and cheats.
Explain to me why it took the fourth occasion for one of the two commishioners to do something. Explain to me why no one else actually in the league gives a crap. Explain to me the actual impact any of this had on the game.

You can't. On any of it.

I will defend the Patriots until I am blue in the face because this is all stupid. The only rule that was broken was the placement of the camera. THAT - IS -IT. They could have been filming upskirts of the Jets cheerleaders and still would have been breaking the exact same rule, but if they were filming the Jets coaches from inside a porta potty on the sidelines, they would be following the NFL rules and could not be penalized.

How 'bout them apples?

The NFL Rule broken says: "all video for coaching purposes must be shot from locations 'enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.'"

Before the start of this season, the league sent out a memo ammending the rule to state: "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."

So basically, anything that happened before 2007 was the placement of the camera. Undisputable. The one instance after is out of pure stupidity.

I've never disputed that the Pats did something wrong. But all the ******** after is ridiculous. There is absolutely no proof that this had any effect on any game that has ever been played. No one even knows how the video was used. You just assume.

So no, I don't buy that a disgruntled ex-employee somehow has a tape almost 7 years later that he never felt the need to tell anyone about. And if he does, I don't buy that the Patriots had anything to do with it. And this is proven to be wrong, that's what I am sticking to.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based off of Jay's first post, it appears Mr. Walsh pulled a Brian McNamee and held on to the evidence for quite some time without telling anyone

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Based off of Jay's first post, it appears Mr. Walsh pulled a Brian McNamee and held on to the evidence for quite some time without telling anyone
And thanks to the transitive property of Brian McNamee, anything Walsh says is false and he's a drug dealer.

So the Patriots are in the clear. Wait, wasn't "the clear" a steriod???
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Hopefully. I mean he's already lying on resumes to get jobs...
Old 02-16-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jay, how do you even know what are on the tapes? what if the there are other teams walk throughs? Your blatant homerism is kind of sickening. Can't judge any of this till it actually comes out.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right, since the actual footage of the tapes has not been released nobody knows what was actually taped. you're right, it cannot be said that the patriots were completely innocent in other circumstances, just as you cannot say that the patriots were guilty in previous instances. People who hate the patriots are going to say that they are guilty before eveything comes out. Why is it not ok, then, for some patriots fans to argue that they did not do some of the things that the patriots have been accused of with little to no evidence supporting the claims? All I'm trying to say is that the evidence needs to come out completely (if it ever does) before judgement can be passed.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer_Backer View Post
Jay, how do you even know what are on the tapes? what if the there are other teams walk throughs? Your blatant homerism is kind of sickening. Can't judge any of this till it actually comes out.
But what ever is on the tape is irrelevant at this point. What he is saying is that it is not the tape in itself that is causing this trouble, rather where the camera was that shot the tape. The camera was on the field, which is a no-no. If Matt Walsh was up in a booth at the top of the stadium and shot this film, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Simple. It really is.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These threads are getting ridiculous. Until any of us see video and we know the Patriots actually filmed all of these games these threads are useless. If you hate the Patriots, that is your opinion but there is no need for all of these anti-Patriots threads. We have had like ten on the tapes alone already.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
But what ever is on the tape is irrelevant at this point. What he is saying is that it is not the tape in itself that is causing this trouble, rather where the camera was that shot the tape. The camera was on the field, which is a no-no. If Matt Walsh was up in a booth at the top of the stadium and shot this film, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Simple. It really is.
Good freakin' lord.

It doesn't matter where the damn camera is if they taped a private Rams only Superbowl walkthrough. I don't care if the Camera is on Venus, it's Illegal by NFL Rules and cheating.

The fact remains, You and Jay complain for everyone to wait for evidence, yet you guys jump to more conclusions than everyone else. Like you 2 already KNOW whats on the tapes.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

I am not a Pats fan......With that said....Has anyone thought that Walsh is holding out for immunity just to make $$$$$ off of the whole deal. McNamee was trying to keep himself out of jail. Walsh appears to be trying to make a $$$$ off the whole thing without being held accountable if he lies. Every witness is held accountable if the lie(perjury) on the stand. Why should Walsh be different? Also, Where was Walsh in September? He could have easily been more believable in October. Maybe it took some time for the media man to manufacture evidence? I don't believe a starving golf pro is hiding anything of relevance four months after the investigation.
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
These threads are getting ridiculous. Until any of us see video and we know the Patriots actually filmed all of these games these threads are useless. If you hate the Patriots, that is your opinion but there is no need for all of these anti-Patriots threads. We have had like ten on the tapes alone already.
What are you kidding? This is THE biggest story of the offseason. Walsh will be called in as a witness in the Rams player lawsuit and we'll finally see if he has the goods. If he does, Belichik might be banned, the SB title might be stripped, draft choices might be forfeited. That's an amazing story. You guys are on the verge of going down as the infamous Black Sox of baseball. I mean the only reason anyone cares about this story is because of the repercussions if it's proved you guys taped the Rams practices illegally. Hey I can see how you guys just want this story to go away but you better get used to it, because its here to stay until we find out whether Walsh has the tapes or not

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Patriots fans on here keep saying there is no proof that any of the taping had any effect on any game. I ask you this, why in gods name would the Patriots do something that is illegal, and continue to do it after being warned, if there was no advantage to be had. The assertion that they would cheat to gain zero advantage is utterly asinine. And you still haven't answered why the Patriots would tape crappy Packers and Lions teams in 2006 for future reference. How in the world would tapes of two bad NFC teams benefit the Patriots in the long term future. Of course that taping was used to gain an advantage in that game, because by the time they would meet those teams again (years down the road), the information would be irrelevant.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Patriots fans on here keep saying there is no proof that any of the taping had any effect on any game. I ask you this, why in gods name would the Patriots do something that is illegal, and continue to do it after being warned, if there was no advantage to be had. The assertion that they would cheat to gain zero advantage is utterly asinine. And you still haven't answered why the Patriots would tape crappy Packers and Lions teams in 2006 for future reference. How in the world would tapes of two bad NFC teams benefit the Patriots in the long term future. Of course that taping was used to gain an advantage in that game, because by the time they would meet those teams again (years down the road), the information would be irrelevant.
Aren't you somewhat refuting your own argument? Think about it. Why would the pats have to tape the crap Lions for? Why would they do something illegal if they could easily win the game without it? I'm not saying you're wrong, exactly, but I can see no reason why you tape practices of bad teams.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote