Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-16-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Bradyjackson12
Rookie

Bradyjackson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Patriots mock draft

Post your quick mock draft for the pats for all seven round or just name the guy you want the Patriots drafting.

Give me some feedback about my mock draft

Last edited by Bradyjackson12 : 02-16-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Bradyjackson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bradyjackson12
Rookie

Default My first mock draft

We could exchange our picks in round 1-2 with the Saints. #7 and 62 for #10 and 40

1st round: Colvin, Thomas and Vrabel are all OLB and with Seau and Bruschi aging, me must take Keith Rivers and play him at MLB. He was dominant at the senior bowl all week long and he’s a leader on the field.

2nd round: Dominique Rogers Cromartie, we must trade up for him but I think he’s worthing that. We’ll probably loose Samuel this summer and none of our current player is a #1 CB in the NFL. Cromartie’s got everything you look for in a CB, speed, leaping ability and hands.

3rd round:
With the raiders pick at 68, we could draft prototypical size and speed Shawn Crable, he’s still raw but could developed into a great OLB in the Backerhood.
Our second pick in round 3 could be used on Dre Moore if he’s still available. He could play DE or NT in our scheme and even if he’s a boom or bust type of guy our depth is too bad at DL to pass on him. De Jason Jones is a possibility here if Moore is out. Jones has speed and quickness but he remains raw and doesn’t fit that well in our scheme.

4th round: CB from Missouri, Darnell Terrell, 6-3 and 4,45 speed, we must take a chance with him, he’s raw and wasn’t really productive but has great potential and we need depth at DB. Terrell could play CB or be moved at S.

5th round: OT Barry Richardson could be a steal if we draft him there and developed him. He’s got athleticism and size that you look for but he’s not consistent and need to be train. He has really good potential and could replace Kascur at RT who is really the weakest point of our OL at short term while improving and taking LT spot later. Kind of what San Francisco did with Staley this year.

6th round: Justin Forsett, the successor of Kevin Faulk, a typical 3rd down guy who’s small but shifty and built stronger than we might think. He has a good week at the Senior bowl.

7th round: Time to take a chance, CB Brian Witherspoon from Stillman, he hasn’t been invited to the combine and he’s really small but he’s fast really fast. He played for a small school but has good production and he has a lot of potential.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I just dont see Rivers playing the inside. Especially in a 3-4. If we were going to do that, I would rather take Dan Connor who is a bit bigger, but more of a natural inside linebacker. To be honest, I dont mind the Shawn Crable pick. I dont think we will touch a RB in the draft, or offseason for that matter. I highly doubt we draft 3 CB's this year. I could see us going with one, but I doubt more than that.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I just dont see Rivers playing the inside. Especially in a 3-4. If we were going to do that, I would rather take Dan Connor who is a bit bigger, but more of a natural inside linebacker. To be honest, I dont mind the Shawn Crable pick. I dont think we will touch a RB in the draft, or offseason for that matter. I highly doubt we draft 3 CB's this year. I could see us going with one, but I doubt more than that.
Rivers have the talent to play Inside in the 3-4. He just needs to bulk up a bit but could really groom behind Bruschi and Seau.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree entirely. I am not sold on Rivers being able to play inside in the 3-4, he might not be big enough. Also, with Sammy Morris coming back healthy next year, we will not draft a RB (maroney, morris, evans, faulk). Crable is a possibility, and Connor could work, but I still feel that they will look CB/S in rd 1.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bradyjackson12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
I agree entirely. I am not sold on Rivers being able to play inside in the 3-4, he might not be big enough. Also, with Sammy Morris coming back healthy next year, we will not draft a RB (maroney, morris, evans, faulk). Crable is a possibility, and Connor could work, but I still feel that they will look CB/S in rd 1.
I just don't think there is enough value at CB in the first round except maybe Cromartie but he's more of a ealy second rounder.
Rivers could grow behind Seau and Bruschi and i agree that is not a pure MLB but he could develop himself in one.
Dan Connor 6025 233lbs Notes: Big upper body but relatively average.
Keith Rivers USC 6017 236lbs Notes: Impressive. Cut, strong and athletic.
If you look at this it isn't the size that separate the two guys. We might just take the best player.
At RB maybe they won't take one but a 6th round isn't big deal and with Faulk aging and Maroney prone to injury it isn't a bad idea to me.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bradyjackson12
Rookie

Quote:
The pick of Rivers or Connor has a lot to do with our mentality but for Crable I think he's just a great value for our need, we must remember that every LB are pretty old.
The 3 CB pick are just a consequence of value and need. We doesn't have any #1 CB behind Samuel. Cromartie is cleary a potential #1 while the two others have great potential that was just the best value according to me when I did my mock. plus Terrell could play S or CB

Last edited by Bradyjackson12 : 02-16-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st - Keith Rivers, LB, USC
2th - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
3th - Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska
3th - Chris Ellis, OLB, VT
4th - Beau Bell, ILB, UNLV or Ezra Butler, ILB, Nevada
5th - John Greco, OL, Toledo (It was between OL or S)
6th - The best WR available at this point
7th - Maurice Murray, DE, New Mexico St.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Bradyjackson12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
I could agree with you for Cason if we stay with the late 2nd pick but i just don't like Nicks. I think Richardson's got more potential. Beau bell would be a good pick but Ellis isn't a OLB he's not agile enough. In the 5th round, i prefer S but since there isn't much value there why don't take Darnell Terrell who could really well move to safety.
I know that WR is a concern but i just don't like the prospect for this year...
7th round: i don't know Murray but Jeremy thompson could be interesting.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradyjackson12 View Post
I could agree with you for Cason if we stay with the late 2nd pick but i just don't like Nicks. I think Richardson's got more potential. Beau bell would be a good pick but Ellis isn't a OLB he's not agile enough. In the 5th round, i prefer S but since there isn't much value there why don't take Darnell Terrell who could really well move to safety.
I know that WR is a concern but i just don't like the prospect for this year...
7th round: i don't know Murray but Jeremy thompson could be interesting.
Richardson - poor work ethic and will likely move to guard in the pros. Pass on Nicks to get Richardson later ? no thx.

Ellis could make the move to rusher OLB.

Darnell Terrell in the 5th...No thanks as well

I don't think Thompson would fit as a 3-4 DE.

#MoncriefArmy

Last edited by Wootylicous : 02-16-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradyjackson12 View Post
I just don't think there is enough value at CB in the first round except maybe Cromartie but he's more of a ealy second rounder.
Rivers could grow behind Seau and Bruschi and i agree that is not a pure MLB but he could develop himself in one.
Dan Connor 6025 233lbs Notes: Big upper body but relatively average.
Keith Rivers USC 6017 236lbs Notes: Impressive. Cut, strong and athletic.
If you look at this it isn't the size that separate the two guys. We might just take the best player.
At RB maybe they won't take one but a 6th round isn't big deal and with Faulk aging and Maroney prone to injury it isn't a bad idea to me.
A safety like kenny phillips from the U is a consideration as well I believe. meriweather can play corner as well as safety, and if they keep him at corner then safety could use some support with wilson hitting the free agent market and harrison not getting any younger. WR with the right value could be an option as gaffney is a FA (he may come back but who knows), jackson will be in his third year and he has to prove he deserves a spot on the team, moss is a FA and even if he comes back hes not getting younger (who knows how long he'd be here). Wes is signed, but stallworth is prolly gonna be cut cuz hes gonna cost 8mil to the cap
Old 02-16-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Im just not sold on Rivers as an ILB. Especially in the 3-4. I think to play ILB in the 3-4 you need to be a little more of a thumper type, and I just see him as more of a finesse guy. If you know what I mean. Dan Connor on the other hand has played, and can play, at any LB position. He has been able to fight through garbage at the line and make stops, something that I havent seen with Rivers. I just cant say Im sold on him.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Im just not sold on Rivers as an ILB. Especially in the 3-4. I think to play ILB in the 3-4 you need to be a little more of a thumper type, and I just see him as more of a finesse guy. If you know what I mean. Dan Connor on the other hand has played, and can play, at any LB position. He has been able to fight through garbage at the line and make stops, something that I havent seen with Rivers. I just cant say Im sold on him.
Wait and see. IMO we should draft Rivers and let him develop and bulk up a bit behind Seau and Bruschi and he will be a beast in the 3-4.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wait and see. IMO we should draft Rivers and let him develop and bulk up a bit behind Seau and Bruschi and he will be a beast in the 3-4.
Well, a guy who has me intruiged is J Leman. He has similar size to Tedy Bruschi, and when I watched him play at Illinois, it reminded me of watching Tedy Bruschi in the NFL. I really think he would work wonders for us in the 3-4, and I think he could blossom very nicely behind Bruschi. As for Seau, for some reason, I see a lot of him in Beau Bell. I know Bell played outside in college, but he has similar skill sets and similar size to Seau.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, a guy who has me intruiged is J Leman. He has similar size to Tedy Bruschi, and when I watched him play at Illinois, it reminded me of watching Tedy Bruschi in the NFL. I really think he would work wonders for us in the 3-4, and I think he could blossom very nicely behind Bruschi. As for Seau, for some reason, I see a lot of him in Beau Bell. I know Bell played outside in college, but he has similar skill sets and similar size to Seau.
Maybe take a look at Leman in late rounds ?

I just think that Rivers will be a beast in the 3-4.

#MoncriefArmy

Last edited by Wootylicous : 02-16-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Maybe take a look at Leman in late rounds ?

I just think that Rivers will be a beast in the 3-4.
Im just not sold that NE, or well Bill, will take a LB in the first round. I dont believe he ever has. There is no reason for me to believe that he will this year. I could see them goin safety, CB OLB/DE or OL here.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Let's wait and see how Rivers will perform at the combine. :D

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-16-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Let's wait and see how Rivers will perform at the combine. :D
fair enough. BTW, I was in montreal last week, went to visit Bishops. Nice place, Sherbrooke was allright too haha.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
fair enough. BTW, I was in montreal last week, went to visit Bishops. Nice place, Sherbrooke was allright too haha.
Yeah Bishops is nice. I like Sherbrooke as well. You should've told me I would have visited with you. :D

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-16-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah Bishops is nice. I like Sherbrooke as well. You should've told me I would have visited with you. :D
I know, I forgot about it, and I never had computer access all weekend. We hit up the Living Room, The Maysen, another place too, it was popping all weekend, especially for a small town. Next time, Im gonna let you know for sure.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Apprently Zach Thomas set up a meeting with the patriots in foxboro today. If he is signed that definitley changes the draft plans of the patriots as they could go one more year without drafting an ILB
Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am intrigued by Kenny Phillips in round 1, perhaps on a trade-down.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I am intrigued by Kenny Phillips in round 1, perhaps on a trade-down.
I honestly see that as a distinct possibility, and I like it.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

you missed something when you were talking about rivers. the pats dont draft LB's in the first round.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...%2 C67357

if he signs, then no ILB, just push it off one more year