Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
BTW, I think Flacco goes in round 1. There is too much hype for this guy right now and I don't think he makes it to our pick in round 2.
I can't remember the last time I saw a Division 1-AA QB go in round 1. I know he has the best physical talent in the draft and I know theres huge amount of hype with him but still he didn't play D1 ball and transferred from Pitt after lossing the job to Tyler Palko. Tyler freaking Palko, lol.

I love Flacco. I want him here. I think he's has far and away the most upside of any QB in the draft, no questions asked. But You'll be hard pressed to find a team gamble on a D1-AA QB in round 1.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 03-05-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I can't remember the last time I saw a Division 1-AA QB go in round 1. I know he has the best physical talent in the draft and I know theres huge amount of hype with him but still he didn't play D1 ball and transferred from Pitt after lossing the job to Tyler Palko. Tyler freaking Palko, lol.

I love Flacco. I want him here. I think he's has far and away the most upside of any QB in the draft, no questions asked. But You'll be hard pressed to find a team gamble on a D1-AA QB in round 1.

I agree Joey in that I would love for Flacco to be on this team. I dont think he is going to be a 1st round pick either. He should be there with the top selection in the second round which technically is a late 1st round pick. Dont see too many teams jumping on a QB in the backend of the 1st especially with Brian Brohm looming ahead of him. For all we know Brohm could be sitting there when we pick again especially since the the Bucs just grabbed there 6th QB on the roster in Griese. Hard for me to envision them selecting another QB. Brohm does have a slim shot with ending up with the Vikes. I feel pretty good non the less that Flacco will be there in the second for us. He has all the Parcells intangibles and is a New Jersey guy to boot like Bill.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Falcons just released Joey H. That team is screaming for Matt Ryan.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Joe,

I am not saying that Flacco is deserving of being a #1 pick, but his hype machine is definitely on. I just think that a team picking low in round 1 may decide to bite or even more lkely, a team pulls a Brady Quinn and jumps up from rd 2 into low round 1 to get him. If all of us are already speculating on him for us in round 2, I think other teams may be thinking the same thing. I hope you are right, but as of now, I think he may go higher than people think...
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might not necessarily be Flacco, but I expect a team to trade into the late first for one of the QBs (Henne, Brohm, Flacco). Flacco definitely has a chance at late round 1.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Either way you slice it.....Brohm,Flacco, or Henne will be there when we pick again.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It might not necessarily be Flacco, but I expect a team to trade into the late first for one of the QBs (Henne, Brohm, Flacco). Flacco definitely has a chance at late round 1.
I don't see anyone trading into late round 1. I think your gonna see alot of teams stand pat actually. Henne, Brohm, Flacco, and maybe even Booty are pegged for that 25-50 range.

Like last year where there were a run on QBs that saw Kolb, Beck, and Stanton come off the board in a quick streak. I think you'll see the same thing this season.

Teams aren't gonna want to trade up and give up extra picks because the draft is deep in 2nd round graded QBs. They are gonna sit and wait until the 1st one goes and then you'll see the dominoes fall and movement will start as teams try to get the guy they want. Seeing as we are the 1st pick of the 2nd, we are likely to have our choice of the QB we want and you'll see the rest come off the board quickly after as teams try to get the QB that they feel the most strongly about.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

I am really concerned about the offensive line right now. If we are targeting a QB with the 1st pick in the second round who do you think will be left in the bottom end of the 2nd or third for offensive lineman? As much as like C. Long and Gholston dont you think we should focus on the ever so important offensive line sooner rather then later???? Then we also need help at CB and TE. IMO I feel that getting a 3-4 OLB at this time would be somewhat of a luxary. I know we have aging players in Taylor and Porter but dont you feel like we could wait another year to look at a young 3-4 OLB?

I know I have been abnoxiously pressing for us to take Jake Long and that is for the simple fact that I feel that the offensive line is so important to our success in allowing our QB's to succeed. I dont agree that Jake Long is a #1 overall selection in the draft but is Matt Ryan??? Chris Long I beleive is a solid #1 pick but he just seems to be a luxary at this point with all the holes we still have on the offensive line.

If we select Chris Long at #1 then what are we looking at in the 2nd

1. DE/OLB Chris Long
2A QB Joe Flacco
2B ?????????????????

* This scenario leaves us clamoring for an offensive lineman in the bottom of the second round. We are going to have to grab Flacco sooner rather then later. He are the projections from this very deep OL class.

1. Jake Long (1-5)
2. Ryan Clady (5-20)
3. Jeff Otah (15-25)
4. Chris Williams (15-Early Second Rd)
5. Gosder Cherilus (25-Early second)
5. Carl Nicks (Early to mid 2nd round)
6. Sam Baker (Mid to late second)
7. Anthony Collins (Mid to late second)

Many out there have stated that offensive line is a real deep position but being that it's deep I think it just means more value in the early second. If we select C.Long and grab a Cherilus,Nicks, or Williams with our early second then we put outselves out of the Flacco-Henne running late in the second. If we go C.Long-Flacco then a prospect such as Collins and Baker are there in the late second. Can we really say that both of these prospects are ready to step in day one????? I am not really sure. One thing that looks very possible is that up to 5 OL can go in the 1st round and once what was thought to be a very deep OL class suddenly isnt so deep anymore.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
I am really concerned about the offensive line right now. If we are targeting a QB with the 1st pick in the second round who do you think will be left in the bottom end of the 2nd or third for offensive lineman? As much as like C. Long and Gholston dont you think we should focus on the ever so important offensive line sooner rather then later???? Then we also need help at CB and TE. IMO I feel that getting a 3-4 OLB at this time would be somewhat of a luxary. I know we have aging players in Taylor and Porter but dont you feel like we could wait another year to look at a young 3-4 OLB?

I know I have been abnoxiously pressing for us to take Jake Long and that is for the simple fact that I feel that the offensive line is so important to our success in allowing our QB's to succeed. I dont agree that Jake Long is a #1 overall selection in the draft but is Matt Ryan??? Chris Long I beleive is a solid #1 pick but he just seems to be a luxary at this point with all the holes we still have on the offensive line.

If we select Chris Long at #1 then what are we looking at in the 2nd

1. DE/OLB Chris Long
2A QB Joe Flacco
2B ?????????????????

* This scenario leaves us clamoring for an offensive lineman in the bottom of the second round. We are going to have to grab Flacco sooner rather then later. He are the projections from this very deep OL class.

1. Jake Long (1-5)
2. Ryan Clady (5-20)
3. Jeff Otah (15-25)
4. Chris Williams (15-Early Second Rd)
5. Gosder Cherilus (25-Early second)
5. Carl Nicks (Early to mid 2nd round)
6. Sam Baker (Mid to late second)
7. Anthony Collins (Mid to late second)

Many out there have stated that offensive line is a real deep position but being that it's deep I think it just means more value in the early second. If we select C.Long and grab a Cherilus,Nicks, or Williams with our early second then we put outselves out of the Flacco-Henne running late in the second. If we go C.Long-Flacco then a prospect such as Collins and Baker are there in the late second. Can we really say that both of these prospects are ready to step in day one????? I am not really sure. One thing that looks very possible is that up to 5 OL can go in the 1st round and once what was thought to be a very deep OL class suddenly isnt so deep anymore.
You keep saying OLB is a luxuary. Dude, when you are picking number 1 overall. You take the best player. Not the biggest need. If you are picking at number 1 you need to hit a homerun and get it right or you will be set back for a long time. Other then McFadden who likely isn't even going top 5, Chris Long is the best prospect in the nation and I know you don't wanna believe it but OLB is a big need right now.

I'm not at all worried about the OL. I'm more worried about the D. Our D was the worst in the NFL last year. It was ugly. Our OL was solid and we have great OL coaches on the team. If worst comes to worst they could keep Carey at LT, resign Lewinski at LG and find any ole RT (basically what Shelton was) and have exactly the same line as last season which held it's own. Defense is much, much more of a need the OL right now.

Nicks and Collins are both gonna go right around our lower 2nd pick and you could see another guy like Baker slide if your lucky. Not to mention, Hills, Richardson and others will all be around in round 3 as well.

We could easily go C.Long, Flacco, Collins with our 1st 3 picks and be fine. Remember we got Satele at around the same spot as our low 2nd last season and this draft is way deeper in OL then last year's. We will get a very OL in the 2nd round this season. Don't worry.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Joey.... I am not saying that 3-4 OLB isnt a big need for us but looking at the roster we kinda have the position filled atleast for another year barring Taylor getting traded which looks almost nil right now. I love Chris Long dont get me wrong. Probably one of my favorite players to watch. Love gambling on college football so I really really focus on everything that happens in these games. Chris Long put on such a great performance vs Texas Tech in that bowl game that It solidified how great a player this guy is. I guess I keep on looking at the depth chart and envision Jake Long and Vernon Carey as bookend tackles for the next 10-12 years. I have no allegiance to Jake Long other then I feel he could catapult our offensive line into being one of the best and youngest in the game. I know Scott Wright has him as his #2 rated player in the draft but you seem to be real down on him. Todd McShay in a recent interview on Draftcentral.com stated that Matt Ryan and Jake Long seem to be the odds on favorites to be the #1 pick now. I am really torn between these two players because on one end I think you are spot on in getting a player like Chris Long but in my mind getting a player like Jake Long is just as important if not greater because you are going to have a young QB behind center and your team depth at offensive line is rather bare. I was just thinking that maybe if we go offensive line this year and get that out of the way then let Taylor and Porter play out this year and then next year we focus on getting a 3-4 OLB. I guess the argument can be made either way. I'll be happy with either Long when it comes down to it.

Check this out Joey

http://michigan.scout.com/2/732352.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3258732
Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Joey.... I am not saying that 3-4 OLB isnt a big need for us but looking at the roster we kinda have the position filled atleast for another year barring Taylor getting traded which looks almost nil right now. I love Chris Long dont get me wrong. Probably one of my favorite players to watch. Love gambling on college football so I really really focus on everything that happens in these games. Chris Long put on such a great performance vs Texas Tech in that bowl game that It solidified how great a player this guy is. I guess I keep on looking at the depth chart and envision Jake Long and Vernon Carey as bookend tackles for the next 10-12 years. I have no allegiance to Jake Long other then I feel he could catapult our offensive line into being one of the best and youngest in the game. I know Scott Wright has him as his #2 rated player in the draft but you seem to be real down on him. Todd McShay in a recent interview on Draftcentral.com stated that Matt Ryan and Jake Long seem to be the odds on favorites to be the #1 pick now. I am really torn between these two players because on one end I think you are spot on in getting a player like Chris Long but in my mind getting a player like Jake Long is just as important if not greater because you are going to have a young QB behind center and your team depth at offensive line is rather bare. I was just thinking that maybe if we go offensive line this year and get that out of the way then let Taylor and Porter play out this year and then next year we focus on getting a 3-4 OLB. I guess the argument can be made either way. I'll be happy with either Long when it comes down to it.

Check this out Joey

http://michigan.scout.com/2/732352.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3258732
Read both those articles but I just don't agree with you. Despite what everyone says about Jake Long. People still question whether he will be an elite LT in the NFL. Drafting Jake Long and having him be a RT for the next 10-12 year will be a failure for our team. You cannot spend that kinda money and investment and have him end up at RT. It's just too big a risk. If he ends up at RT and Carey stays at LT we will have done nothing this offseason because we will still be getting medicore play from our LT and the reason you look at a OT in the top 5 is because you want a top tier LT, not a RT.

Way, way too many question if he can play LT at the next level for me to be comfortable with that pick. He'd have to be Joe Thomas for it to be a good pick and scouts have already come out and said, he's not Joe Thomas, he's worse. It's too much of a hit or miss with Jake Long and he's basically just a bigger better Vernon Carey IMO. He will look like just another guy at LT but he will dominate at RT and that is NOT what the Dolphins need.

We need to hit a homerun with this pick. Jake Long is not a homerun, it's a prayer that he learns how to pass protect. Chris Long on the other hand is a playmaker. He is a game changer. He can take over a game and swing the momentum in his teams favor. He is versitle. He can be looked at for different spots on the D where as if Jake fails at LT, he is a bust. If Chris struggles at OLB he can move down to DE or even as a last resort be moved to ILB where he is enough of a run thumper to maybe make that move. He just opens up the defense in so many ways that Jake Long cannot impact the offense.

Not to mention, if you go read the articles you posted. They talk about Jake Long being the safe pick. We don't need to be making a safe pick. We need to make the smart pick and that would be Chris Long.

You can find OTs in round 2. There are millions of them out there this season and chances are the OTs you find in round 2 will look just as good playing LT as Jake Long because the round 2 OTs are better pass protectors that Jake Long.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Very Very good defense Joey. Wish the draft was freakin tomorrow already. Anticipation is killin me. You gotta remember too that when you say you disagree with me you are disagreeing with what these so called experts are saying because I am basically regurgitating what I hear and feel might be good information on what way we are leaning with the pick. Most of them dont even have Chris Long going to us anymore with Matt Ryan being the favorite for some awful reason.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 03-05-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Very Very good defense Joey. Wish the draft was freakin tomorrow already. Anticipation is killin me. You gotta remember too that when you say you disagree with me you are disagreeing what these so called experts are saying because I am basically regurgitating what I hear and feel might be good information on what way we are leaning with the pick.
Yea but these so called experts are just spouting out opinions in this case. They are giving their logic behind why Jake Long should be number 1 and Jake Long is the hot topic right now because he tested well at the combine, it happens with someone every year. This year it's Jake Long. He's the hot property right now and he's the one people wanna talk about right about.

If someone took the time to write about Chris Long, they could make a it sound like he is the logical pick for Miami as well and that Jake Long isn't even an option. It's all a matter of opinion at this point with the writers because the truth is that no one really knows. Look at the small frenzy that happened when Parcells requested the video on Matt Ryan. The writers are just searching for anything they can get their hands on and right now what they got are the outstanding tests numbers for Jake Long at the combine so he is what they are gonna write about.

Convential wisdom still say Chris Long. Even if you step back and pretend you know nothing about the Dolphins, there's still the fact that Parcells gets absolute hard ons for DE/OLB hybrids, he has alot of respect for Howie Long and he taugh Al Groh and respects his opinion and Al Groh was Chris Longs coach at Virginia.

Just oo much points to Chris Long at this point and it makes too much sense for us right now for it not to happen.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Jake Long Interview at the Combine
Posted by: DolphinSam (IP Logged)
Date: February 22, 2008 10:46AM

Here's an interview with Jake:

[blogs.sun-sentinel.com]

"Have you talked to the Dolphins? How would you feel about playing for them?"

A: "It would be an honor. I haven't talked to them yet. I've had some informal meetings, nothing formal. It would be a great honor."

He said he loves playing LT and he's actually left-handed so it feels natural to him. He patterns his game after Matt Light and admires his technique. He also talked about the Gholston sack that everyone makes such a big deal of. And no, he didn't give up 3 sacks, he gave up just one. He said this:

"I gave up one sack this year. I've given up two in my career. This year it was Vernon Gholston at Ohio State. I take it personally. I wanted to make sure that I was perfect and not let up a sack but Vernon is a great player and he had a good moveon me and I let it up."

Jake did admit that he has to improve to handle the faster NFL Defensive ends, but I have no doubt he can do that. We'll pass on him and someone else is going to get a mammoth LT that shows leadership on the field, makes few mistakes and is a great run blocker.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 03-05-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Yeah Chris Long does make a sh*t load of sense. Football ties,Al Groh, etc etc. Just a ton of hype going towards Jake Long and Matt Ryan you are correct. You just cant discredit Jake Long being the pic though. I really beleive it's about a 60-40 proposition at this point with Chris having the slight lead as Miami possibly looking to add more offensive lineman via free agency but the same can be said for them looking to add more to the defense such as Blackstock.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 03-05-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
You keep saying OLB is a luxuary. Dude, when you are picking number 1 overall. You take the best player. Not the biggest need. If you are picking at number 1 you need to hit a homerun and get it right or you will be set back for a long time. Other then McFadden who likely isn't even going top 5, Chris Long is the best prospect in the nation and I know you don't wanna believe it but OLB is a big need right now.

I'm not at all worried about the OL. I'm more worried about the D. Our D was the worst in the NFL last year. It was ugly. Our OL was solid and we have great OL coaches on the team. If worst comes to worst they could keep Carey at LT, resign Lewinski at LG and find any ole RT (basically what Shelton was) and have exactly the same line as last season which held it's own. Defense is much, much more of a need the OL right now.

Nicks and Collins are both gonna go right around our lower 2nd pick and you could see another guy like Baker slide if your lucky. Not to mention, Hills, Richardson and others will all be around in round 3 as well.

We could easily go C.Long, Flacco, Collins with our 1st 3 picks and be fine. Remember we got Satele at around the same spot as our low 2nd last season and this draft is way deeper in OL then last year's. We will get a very OL in the 2nd round this season. Don't worry.
WOW.... this doesnt happen very often, but I agree COMPLETELY with EVERYTHING you said here.

I'm also glad you mentioned some of the names of some OT's that will be available later in the draft that we could focus on.

One guy that I absolutely am enamored with right now is Barry Richardson from Clemson. This guy will most likely be available in the 3rd, possibly even the 4th round. He could be our answer at LT and is a mountain of a man at 6'7" 330 lbs. He seems to be the Flozell Adams-type, huge, mauling OT that Parcells and Sparano covet. IMO, he could be this year's version of Marcus McNeill. It still haunts me to this day that we passed on him in the first in favor of Jason Allen. As you know, he went on to make the Pro Bowl in his rookie season leading the way for LT. I was VERY high on MM before the 06 draft, largely in part due to his efforts in leading the way for our own Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams, two top 5 picks at RB the previous year. Richardson seems to be that same type of big, mauling OT with long arms and big time potential. He has lead the way for two very good backs the last couple of years in the ACC with James Davis and CJ Spiller. Trust me, these guys don't rack up these yards on their own, he has a HUGE part in their success. Getting someone like him in the 3rd or 4th round would enable us to take the BPA at #1 in Chris Long, while also addressing needs at CB and QB in the 2nd round with Flacco (32), and possibly someone like Antoine Cason or Patrick Lee later in the 2nd (58). Then in the 4th, grab a playmaking TE like Carlson, Kellen Davis, or Jermichael Finley, whomever is available at that spot. Then add an OG like McDuffie (BR's teammate at Clemson) or Robert Felton from Arkansas to compete for that LG spot along with Mormino, who I've heard they are high on for next year and seems to be in the plans at least for now. That would leave us with a impressive draft class, addressing all of our biggest needs successfully for now:

1) Chris Long
2a) Joe Flacco
2b) Antoine Cason
3) Barry Richardson
4) Jermichael Finley
6) Chris McDuffie
7) King Dunlap/Amarri Jackson (OT project or WR project here seems like an ok pick, not really sure about this one though.)

I would be very pleased with that draft and based on that, or offensive line opening the season would turn out looking something like this:

LT: Barry Richardson
LG: Drew Mormino
C: Samson Satele
RG: Justin Smiley
RT: Vernon Carey

Yes it looks very young and unproven, but like Joeyjr pointed out, Sparano is a very good line coach and will have his hand in everything this group does. This would give him the BIG offensive line that he covets and a very talented one at that. It could be the best we've had in time and I wouldn't be concerned at all if we opened the season looking like that. That should alleviate some concerns you have about Our offensive line going into the draft BigBlueCrew, if it did, in deed, turn out that way.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-06-2008 at 01:05 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Sounds good but I really would be hoping we could get the TE out of Tennessee Brad Cottam who is a monster within himself and has speed to go along with his massive frame around the 4th round. I too like the size of Barry Richardson. Going to do some research on him. Is he fast enough for LT??? I am glad we could actually have a good conversation on what our opinions are without calling each other out. It was my bad that I came off as arrogant in my previous post in regards too Jake Long only because I was jumping on the bandwagon. I am not going to come off and say that I am some type of expert here. I am just a fan who does a ton of research and tries to report it back to the homebase. I guess I got a bit carried away defending the expert opinion. We'll see how this all shapes up in the next coming week. I can tell you that I will defintely be at the Dolphins draft party this year.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Here goes an article from the Sentinel that we are targeting all of the second tier QB's and how management has already told McCown that he will be competing with John Beck to be the starter. I am starting to feel a bit better hearing news like this because I want Matt Ryan out of the equation all together. What we need now is a solid young 3rd string QB (Flacco,Henne,or Woodson) to develop just in case Beck doesnt pan out. I do still have high hopes for Beck though.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,3660114.story
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
"Have you talked to the Dolphins? How would you feel about playing for them?"

A: "It would be an honor. I haven't talked to them yet. I've had some informal meetings, nothing formal. It would be a great honor."
See what I was saying. The supposed experts are writing their information based solely on their own personal opinion. They have nothing to backup what they are saying as Jake himself says he hasn't really met with the Dolphins outside of some meet and greet stuff that all prospects do.

What the experts are saying now has nothing to do with the Dolphins interest in Jake Long but in their own interest in Jake Long and their desire to write about him.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Blue,

You did not come off as arrogant. (According to one person, I did...) Nothing to apologize for. Others can be too sensitive sometimes.

As for this whole thing, I happen to be in the majority about wanting the defensive player early and looking for the OT later. But, unlike some others, I am not a fan of Barry Richardson. Read the reports on this guy. "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" Not the kind of thing I want from my LT. Coaching or not. I think in the 3rd or 4th round, you can get better players, (Duane Brown from VA Tech) to play LT or even some RT type guys (Heath Benedict, John Greco) and you can keep Carey at LT.

I still believe Flacco will be gone by the #32 pick. Call it an early prediction...
Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Blue,

You did not come off as arrogant. (According to one person, I did...) Nothing to apologize for. Others can be too sensitive sometimes.

As for this whole thing, I happen to be in the majority about wanting the defensive player early and looking for the OT later. But, unlike some others, I am not a fan of Barry Richardson. Read the reports on this guy. "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" Not the kind of thing I want from my LT. Coaching or not. I think in the 3rd or 4th round, you can get better players, (Duane Brown from VA Tech) to play LT or even some RT type guys (Heath Benedict, John Greco) and you can keep Carey at LT.

I still believe Flacco will be gone by the #32 pick. Call it an early prediction...

ok, well, Heath Benedict seems like another likely option around the 4th round. Call me crazy, but I would much rather have a monster OT like Richardson with 4 year's starting experience against top D1 competition, rather than a guy from Newberry. Besides, most of the weaknesses and knocks against BR stem from his inconsistency and lack of aggressiveness. Both of these things are extremely coachable, especially with the great motivators in Sparano and Parcells. Sparano is a tough minded coach who will get the most out of these guys, and if he can "unleash the beast" in this guy Richardson, he will be a MONSTER. You also have to love Scott's comment stating that once he locks on to the defender, the battle is over. He also mentions that he is a great pass protector, and judging on how successfull the Clemson running game has been in recent years with Spiller and Davis, he must be pretty good there as well, and he is because I have watched him on quite a few occasions these past 2 years. Also, considering that, before the season, he was in the first round of almost every mock draft on the net, so the ability is there, he just needs the motivation, and with that he could be the guy for us. I would love to have him as a Miami Dolphin, that's for sure.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-06-2008 at 10:25 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aggressiveness and finishing blocks isn't something that you coach, a guy either has that or doesn't. Could he be motivated to play better and more consistent? Sure, but he isn't going to become this nasty guy over night. The d1/Newberry argument is terrible.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Guru,

Could not agree more. With the OL, I would take a guy with a little less talent and lot more drive rather than vice versa. If you told me we were taking this guy in rd 6 or 7, then I would have no problem taking a shot. But, no way I take him earlier. I would rather pick some guys who I know will be fighting on every play in the round 3 to 4 area....
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

The ideal Parcells lineman in the second round has got to be Carl Nicks. At 6'5
330 he is the real deal. Just dont know if he will be sitting there in the back end of the 2nd round. Heath Benedict is also an option but where the hell is Newberry college and why wasnt this guy on atleast some type of division 1 program.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Ugggh nevermind it looks like this guy is dumb. Couldnt get the grades to stay at Tennessee.