Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get hangovers, but that's probably because I just drink beer. I take a few Ibuprofens before I go to bed just in case.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so it might sound a bit weird but cutting up a raw potato and eating it will help a lot. it soaks up the alcohol while still having an effect on you. alka seltzer helps. and like everybody else has said, water and tylenol.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hungover when I took my SATs which is why I'm a non-qualifier lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I took my ACTs the day after graduation and I was still drunk, I went outside during the break and got locked out and missed almost the entire reading section (or whatever section it was) I got an 8 in that section and a 21 overall. :(

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
^I took my ACTs the day after graduation and I was still drunk, I went outside during the break and got locked out and missed almost the entire reading section (or whatever section it was) I got an 8 in that section and a 21 overall. :(

I was just annoyed with reading so I started skipping questions and my headache kept getting worse, it seemed. So without reading the questions I just started marking answers..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best cure right there.

Anyways, all of you who take Advil or whatever before you go to sleep are not being very smart. That's really hard on your body, especially when you're already drinking massive amounts of booze.

Also, I'm willing to bet that most of you who " don't get hangovers" are either pretty young, haven't drank for very long, or don't drink large quantities. Just wait until you get a bit older. I never used to get them either.

One more thing. Different types of alcohol can give you worse hangovers. Usually darker types of alcohol cause the worst hangovers because of all the sugar and other ingredients in them.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually took the ACTs twice, the first time i actually studied a bit and stayed in the night before and got like a 22 or 23. I was looking into some schools with higher requirements and decided to take it again. By that time I decided I wanted to just go to UW-Milwaukee and my score was already good enough so really just went to take it because I was already signed up and everything. Got completely bombed the night before and ended up getting a 27. Gotta love multiple-choice tests.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I was just annoyed with reading so I started skipping questions and my headache kept getting worse, it seemed. So without reading the questions I just started marking answers..
I took the test at a different HS and I went to smoke a cigarette and the door locked behind me I couldn't get anyone to let me back in so I was banging on the door and finally a janitor let me in. The school was huge and I didn't know which way was the main entrance.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Best cure right there.

Anyways, all of you who take Advil or whatever before you go to sleep are not being very smart. That's really hard on your body, especially when you're already drinking massive amounts of booze.

Also, I'm willing to bet that most of you who " don't get hangovers" are either pretty young, haven't drank for very long, or don't drink large quantities. Just wait until you get a bit older. I never used to get them either.

One more thing. Different types of alcohol can give you worse hangovers. Usually darker types of alcohol cause the worst hangovers because of all the sugar and other ingredients in them.
Bloody Marys are very good for hangovers and they taste great too!

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you take care of yourself before/during/after drinking you can probably completely eliminate hangovers...problem is it's hard when you're drunk. Also I pretty much only drink beer/whiskey/occasionally rum but when I drink vodka or fruity drinks that makes a hangover more likely. I think micro brew helps prevent it too...if I drink a few dark thick beers before I'm tanked anyway. Probably because the thick hoppy liquid is better than sugar, water, alcohol and preservatives.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Best cure right there.

That is the second best cure.

That is the best.

Disclaimer: Not to be used where it is illegal. All you Canadians or people lucky enough to live in a state with medical marijuana(and have a legal prescription) this is the best hangover cure.

Unfortunately, I have to stick to the water before bed.

Ibuprofen is fine to take. It isn't very hard on your liver like tylenol(acetemetephin) is. Never, never, never take tylenol, vicoden, or anything else with acetemetephin in it whiel drinking. The combination of alcohol and acetememephin kills your liver.

Last edited by someone447 : 02-18-2008 at 01:05 AM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just drink lots of water and keep your body hydrated. In fact, do that before you go to sleep (pass out) and you should be fine.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anything with potatoes in it is usually a good choice.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

couple good options for a hangover:

1-the post-bar-close-Denny's run is time tested and very proven. If you still have a hangover after Moons over My Hammy, then you really earned it. plus a table full of drunks at Denny's is always a plesant sight for the non college crowd.

2-the morning-after Bloody Mary is also a great idea. but, there have been mornings where even smelling booze has caused my gag reflex to kick in. but, if it works, a good bloody is the true breakfast of champions.

3-the ibuproferin trick always works for me. i've heard mixed things on what i'm doing to my body when i mix painkillers with booze. plus, this only cures the headache. the dizziness and the fact that i seem to be sweating poop out of my butthole is not accounted for.

4-moderation-don't laugh. seriously, when you have a good happy buzz working, just think to yourself; "do i really need to be drunker than i am right now?" if the answer is "no" then just nurse a beer to maintain the buzz. but, if you're trying to work up the courage to hit on a girl, or if people at the party are doing way stupider stuff than you and you feel left out, then, by all means, keep pounding 'em down.

5-face the music. seriously, in my college days, some of the most memorable moments were when everybody i lived with woke up feeling like a bag of dicks. some times, it's just more amusing than painful.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

take a couple of vitamin b-12 before you start drinking you will be fine. or just have some bloddy marys or more booze in the morning.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So far only 151 and really cheap 100 prook Vodka (yes Paramount) are the only drinks i have gotten hangovers from, nonetheless, i always get up and work out immediately (assuming i am sober, i hate waking up drunk) while drinking about a litre of water.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh waking up still drunk is better. if you wake up still drunk a Bloody Mary is the best cure
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.

Everyday when I was in Europe, I drank so much...woke up with a hangover. All I did to get rid of it, was throw up in the morning....and drink lots of fluids...and I was ready to go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...
steelersgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That is the second best cure.

That is the best.

Disclaimer: Not to be used where it is illegal. All you Canadians or people lucky enough to live in a state with medical marijuana(and have a legal prescription) this is the best hangover cure.
Try that before going to work at 8:30am. I agreed with you before that, my stance changed after that day.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Try that before going to work at 8:30am. I agreed with you before that, my stance changed after that day.
Haha, I really only drink on weekdays. I get the worst hangovers, they are completely debilitating. So I don't drink if I have something to do the next day. Having something to do the next day is the only thing keeping me from being a full blown alcoholic.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, I really only drink on weekdays. I get the worst hangovers, they are completely debilitating. So I don't drink if I have something to do the next day. Having something to do the next day is the only thing keeping me from being a full blown alcoholic.
Wait, I thought you were a soph at Portland State? Are you just older or are you partaking in underage drinking?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Wait, I thought you were a soph at Portland State? Are you just older or are you partaking in underage drinking?
Redshirt Sophomore, I turned 21 this past September. No siree, never drank underage :-/
Old 02-18-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Soft. Nothing beats a full day of work after getting home at 5.

Who am i kidding, i sit there most of the day thinking of elaborate lies that would result in me being able to go home.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Redshirt Sophomore, I turned 21 this past September. No siree, never drank underage :-/
Are you serious? wow.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Are you serious? wow.
I don't even know him and i'm 105% sure he's kidding