Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-18-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Best cure right there.

Anyways, all of you who take Advil or whatever before you go to sleep are not being very smart. That's really hard on your body, especially when you're already drinking massive amounts of booze.

Also, I'm willing to bet that most of you who " don't get hangovers" are either pretty young, haven't drank for very long, or don't drink large quantities. Just wait until you get a bit older. I never used to get them either.

One more thing. Different types of alcohol can give you worse hangovers. Usually darker types of alcohol cause the worst hangovers because of all the sugar and other ingredients in them.
I beg to differ. I am about 230 pounds, and man do I have tolerance with alcohol. I have drank about half to 3/4 of a 40 of vodka before and not been hungover the next morning. I just turned 19 too, so I guess you can consider me young. I am able to drinka 24 to myself and Id be fine and operating in full capacity. Everyone is different, I guess Im just a lucky one lol
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I beg to differ. I am about 230 pounds, and man do I have tolerance with alcohol. I have drank about half to 3/4 of a 40 of vodka before and not been hungover the next morning. I just turned 19 too, so I guess you can consider me young. I am able to drinka 24 to myself and Id be fine and operating in full capacity. Everyone is different, I guess Im just a lucky one lol
That isn't lucky dude, hangovers will always come eventually, and all you'll be left with is spending a ridiculous amount on booze to get pissed.

I used to be able to drink like that, than i got a liver infection and couldn't drink at all for 5 months. Now i drink about 10 beers and i'm done, seriously so much better.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
That isn't lucky dude, hangovers will always come eventually, and all you'll be left with is spending a ridiculous amount on booze to get pissed.

I used to be able to drink like that, than i got a liver infection and couldn't drink at all for 5 months. Now i drink about 10 beers and i'm done, seriously so much better.
Oh, I know. It pisses me off going to bars and such because it takes a lot for me to feel a buzz. But im still young, a lot of house parties going on, so I usually get alchohol and beer at no price lol. But yea, I def see what your saying. It does cost a lot right now, and thats usually why a lot of times I end up being the DD. Everyone gets drunk so fast and loses control lol.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, I know. It pisses me off going to bars and such because it takes a lot for me to feel a buzz. But im still young, a lot of house parties going on, so I usually get alchohol and beer at no price lol. But yea, I def see what your saying. It does cost a lot right now, and thats usually why a lot of times I end up being the DD. Everyone gets drunk so fast and loses control lol.
I have way too high of a tolerance for my size. It takes me an entire 5th before I don't remember parts of the night.

My hero: http://moderndrunkardmagazine.com/is...dre_giant.html
Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Manswers (show on Spike TV) had a segment about this and they recommended something called "Prickly Pear Juice". You can Google "Manswers Hangover Cure" and they have the segment on a bunch of video sites where you can watch it yourself. Never tried it myself, as I had never heard of the stuff nor ever seen it in any store, so I can't vouch for it.

Personally, if I had a hangover, I would look for something like Gatorade if I were suffering from a hangover. Getting a hangover is only from dehydration, so something like Gatorade would help get the fluids back in your system more quickly.

Also would not recommend any types of medicines like advil, aspirin, etc., because of the fact your veins are already constricting due to the fact you are dehydrated. May be a short-term fix, but that is really hard on your body.

If all else falls, get fat or tall like me, where you can drink all night, hardly ever get even a buzz and wake up the next morning wondering why you wasted your money on booze when you cannot even get drunk.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats the thing about parties around here, everyone is usually put on a couple of buses at about 1 and taken out for some $7 beers at bars/clubs etc. Sucked pre-broken liver, not too bad now.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Manswers (show on Spike TV) had a segment about this and they recommended something called "Prickly Pear Juice". You can Google "Manswers Hangover Cure" and they have the segment on a bunch of video sites where you can watch it yourself. Never tried it myself, as I had never heard of the stuff nor ever seen it in any store, so I can't vouch for it.

Personally, if I had a hangover, I would look for something like Gatorade if I were suffering from a hangover. Getting a hangover is only from dehydration, so something like Gatorade would help get the fluids back in your system more quickly.

Also would not recommend any types of medicines like advil, aspirin, etc., because of the fact your veins are already constricting due to the fact you are dehydrated. May be a short-term fix, but that is really hard on your body.

If all else falls, get fat or tall like me, where you can drink all night, hardly ever get even a buzz and wake up the next morning wondering why you wasted your money on booze when you cannot even get drunk.
Advil is actually ok to take. It doesn't thin your blood like aspirin, and it isn't hard on your liver like acetemetophin.

I forgot another good hangover cure, Pedialyte
Old 02-18-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wrong idea

Last edited by Its Ya Boy : 02-18-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

drink cold water b4 you go 2 bed and when you wake up but no matter what Hard A always gives me a hangover

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Advil is actually ok to take. It doesn't thin your blood like aspirin, and it isn't hard on your liver like acetemetophin.

I forgot another good hangover cure, Pedialyte
You forgot to mention how hard Advil is on your stomach (ulcers and bleeding, mainly) and kidneys. Advil will ravage both without the use of alcohol, but it only makes it insanely worse with the use of alcohol.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
I have way too high of a tolerance for my size. It takes me an entire 5th before I don't remember parts of the night.
I'm telling you the solution is have 3 months (a summer break is ideal, i chose the period between finishing school and starting university) off your life, do nothing but surf and drink heavily about 5 times a week. When you get to the stage where you're getting intense pain in your guts after about 2 beers consult your doctor, he'll tell you your liver hates you and there is to be no drinking for 3-6 months. The beginning of this period is going to be a dark time, but soon enough you will learn to enjoy other substances that don't put strain on your liver. These will sustain you till your dry period is over and you will come out of it drinking like a 15 year old again. The ensuing 12 months you will combine all you have learnt in your wet and dry periods to the point where at times you swear you can hear your brain crying. And wow, promise it'll be fun.

I swear i should be a life coach.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You forgot to mention how hard Advil is on your stomach (ulcers and bleeding, mainly) and kidneys. Advil will ravage both without the use of alcohol, but it only makes it insanely worse with the use of alcohol.
The thing is, alcohol is out of your stomach by morning. As long as you don't take the advil while you are drinking, you will be fine. Where alcohol thins your blood, and it takes longer than just the morning after to get back to normal, so aspirin is bad. Acetemetiphin absolutely destroys your liver, and so does alcohol. It is better to not even take tylenol if you ever drink.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm telling you the solution is have 3 months (a summer break is ideal, i chose the period between finishing school and starting university) off your life, do nothing but surf and drink heavily about 5 times a week. When you get to the stage where you're getting intense pain in your guts after about 2 beers consult your doctor, he'll tell you your liver hates you and there is to be no drinking for 3-6 months. The beginning of this period is going to be a dark time, but soon enough you will learn to enjoy other substances that don't put strain on your liver. These will sustain you till your dry period is over and you will come out of it drinking like a 15 year old again. The ensuing 12 months you will combine all you have learnt in your wet and dry periods to the point where at times you swear you can hear your brain crying. And wow, promise it'll be fun.

I swear i should be a life coach.
LIVER QUIVERS!!!!! Ugh those things suck.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets Brag About Drinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
The thing is, alcohol is out of your stomach by morning. As long as you don't take the advil while you are drinking, you will be fine. Where alcohol thins your blood, and it takes longer than just the morning after to get back to normal, so aspirin is bad. Acetemetiphin absolutely destroys your liver, and so does alcohol. It is better to not even take tylenol if you ever drink.
Very wrong.

Just a glass of wine takes 3 hours for your body to break down. For most, after a night of drinking, it takes around 16-18 hours for the alcohol to leave your system. If you have drank enough to the point you have a hangover, the alcohol is still in your system.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Very wrong.

Just a glass of wine takes 3 hours for your body to break down. For most, after a night of drinking, it takes around 16-18 hours for the alcohol to leave your system. If you have drank enough to the point you have a hangover, the alcohol is still in your system.
But does that necassarily mean it's in your stomach still as you're discussing? i wouldn't have thought so, but i don't really have a clue so correct away
Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go to sleep with Tums and Water in my stomach.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Very wrong.

I know, that is why acetemetephin and aspirin are so bad for hangovers. Advil just ***** with your stomach, the alcohol is out of your stomach by the time you wake up.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
But does that necassarily mean it's in your stomach still as you're discussing? i wouldn't have thought so, but i don't really have a clue so correct away
Yes. Alcohol absorbs in fatty tissue. Ever wonder why they refer to fat people as having a "beer belly"? :)
Old 02-18-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One time I drank 13 shots, 18 beers and a box of franzia sunset blush then got a 1600 on my SATS!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes. Alcohol absorbs in fatty tissue. Ever wonder why they refer to fat people as having a "beer belly"? :)
That isn't your stomach... The alcohol is already out of your stomach by the time you would take an advil. It is in your fatty tissue and just about completely processed through your liver.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
I know, that is why acetemetephin and aspirin are so bad for hangovers. Advil just ***** with your stomach, the alcohol is out of your stomach by the time you wake up.
No, it does not leave your stomach. Alcohol will absorb in your stomach and in other organs (i.e., kidneys, small intestines, liver) which is why it takes so long to pass completely through your body.

Essentially your stomach absorbs about 1/5th of all alcohol you consume.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
One time I drank 13 shots, 18 beers and a box of franzia sunset blush then got a 1600 on my SATS!
On the 2400 one?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Water and Gatoraid

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
That isn't your stomach... The alcohol is already out of your stomach by the time you would take an advil. It is in your fatty tissue and just about completely processed through your liver.
As I stated before, your stomach absorbs 1/5th of all alcohol you consume. That is why people who are alcoholics generally are not in the best of shape and commonly have "beer bellies". This isn't something I am pulling out of my rear, just research it a bit.