Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-18-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
As I stated before, your stomach absorbs 1/5th of all alcohol you consume. That is why people who are alcoholics generally are not in the best of shape and commonly have "beer bellies". This isn't something I am pulling out of my rear, just research it a bit.
That isn't why they have beer bellies... Beer bellies are because of the empty calories that beer(or all alcohol really) contains. Empty calories, regardless of where they are from, just about always go to the gut. The fat over the stomach is not part of the stomach...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I stated before, your stomach absorbs 1/5th of all alcohol you consume. That is why people who are alcoholics generally are not in the best of shape and commonly have "beer bellies". This isn't something I am pulling out of my rear, just research it a bit.
You do realize that after the stomach absorbs the alcohol, it goes into the blood stream. It doesn't stay in the stomach.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I have way too high of a tolerance for my size. It takes me an entire 5th before I don't remember parts of the night.

My hero: http://moderndrunkardmagazine.com/is...dre_giant.html
WOW. That is insane. 119 beers. WOW. thats all I can say. I hope to god I never get that bad lol.

But yea, my tolerance is pretty high too. But I got pretty good size, so I guess it goes hand in hand.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
WOW. That is insane. 119 beers. WOW. thats all I can say. I hope to god I never get that bad lol.

But yea, my tolerance is pretty high too. But I got pretty good size, so I guess it goes hand in hand.
Ya, it sucks. My tolerance sky rocketed after living with 4 d1 olinemen last year.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You do realize that after the stomach absorbs the alcohol, it goes into the blood stream. It doesn't stay in the stomach.
This is silly to keep going back and forth about when this can be easily solved just by reading ..

http://www.intox.com/physiology.asp
Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Ya, it sucks. My tolerance sky rocketed after living with 4 d1 olinemen last year.
Haha, I dont even live with lineman. The guys in my building are DB's, and you wouldnt think they are heavey weights, in fact they are extremely lightweights. I got a story if you all want, you'll get a laugh out of it for sure.

But yea, It just builds up over time I guess, not to mention, pretty much all of my family has pretty good tolerance.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is silly to keep going back and forth about when this can be easily solved just by reading ..

http://www.intox.com/physiology.asp
Quote:
When ingested, alcohol passes from the stomach into the small intestine, where it is rapidly absorbed into the blood and distributed throughout the body.
Why yes, yes it can. Exactly what I said. Even though it is absorbed partially by the stomach, it goes into the blood stream right away. Meaning no alcohol in the stomach the next morning.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Haha, I dont even live with lineman. The guys in my building are DB's, and you wouldnt think they are heavey weights, in fact they are extremely lightweights. I got a story if you all want, you'll get a laugh out of it for sure.

But yea, It just builds up over time I guess, not to mention, pretty much all of my family has pretty good tolerance.
Ya, all of my db brethren(except for one) are really lightweight. Naturally, me and the other guy that have to drink excessive amounts are good friends. I absolutely hate it. I want to be a lightweight. I want to be able to split a case between 3 guys and be drunk. 10 beers, unless I drink them very quickly just gets me to the almost drunk phase. I have to pregame with a 12 pack just so I don't spend 50+ at the bars.

Lets hear your story.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, all of my db brethren(except for one) are really lightweight. Naturally, me and the other guy that have to drink excessive amounts are good friends. I absolutely hate it. I want to be a lightweight. I want to be able to split a case between 3 guys and be drunk. 10 beers, unless I drink them very quickly just gets me to the almost drunk phase. I have to pregame with a 12 pack just so I don't spend 50+ at the bars.

Lets hear your story.
Yay for a story, i have 1.5 weeks to go at work and i'm pretty much out of work and they don't want to give me any more. Put simply, i'm bored.

Last edited by 7-11 : 02-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Why yes, yes it can. Exactly what I said. Even though it is absorbed partially by the stomach, it goes into the blood stream right away. Meaning no alcohol in the stomach the next morning.
Why do you read and quote just what you want to?

Quote:
Absorption4

Alcohol is absorbed from all parts of the gastrointestinal tract largely by simple diffusion into the blood. However the small intestine is by far the most efficient region of the gastrointestinal tract for alcohol absorption because of its very large surface area. In a fasting individual, it is generally agreed that 20% to 25% of a dose of alcohol is absorbed from the stomach and 75% to 80% is absorbed from the small intestine. Because of this peak blood alcohol concentrations are achieved in fasting people within 0.5 to 2.0 hours, (average 0.75 - 1.35 hours depending upon dose and time of last meal) while non-fasting people exhibit peak alcohol concentrations within 1.0, and in extreme cases up to as much as 6.0 hours (average 1.06 - 2.12 hours).
Like I said, just read and soak all of it in, not just certain parts.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Lets hear your story.
Allright, well one of my friends was hosing a SB party. So two guys from my building, and two guys from across the road came with me. One of the DB's that was with me was from Syracuse, and one of the guys from across the road were from the Miami area. Anyways, he had a bottle of 99 Apples, which is the same thing as Green Apple flavoured Smirnoff. It was I think almost 50% alcohol.

So we were just sitting there watching the game, probably about the first quarter or so, when my friend from Florida breaks out his bottle of 99 Apples. It was a 40 too, I might add. So, the guy from Syracuse says give me some of that (he had absolutely no idea on how to drink vodka lol), so I took the bottle, and told him to go grab a cup. He came back with a pretty big glass. So, I decided to fill his glass right up with the vodka. Lol. Anyone in their right mind would never ask for that much, unless you were Andre the Giant.

So he downs the entire glass in about 5 minutes. I was like WOW! He is tanked already. So he calls over the guy from Florida and begins taking **** to him, and calling him soft anf everything for not drinking. So my boy from Florida grabs a cup as well, and I pour pretty close to the same amount in there. He chugs the whole thing. At this point Im thinking, WOW what a couple of dumbasses.

So, after this they begin arguing at each other, the one from Syracuse yelling his area code 315 then drinking a shot (we've moved onto shots now), and the Florida guy would counteract by taking a shot and yelling his area code 954.

They do this for about 2 shots, until they both drop at the same time. It was hilarious to see this. About 2 minutes later, the dude from SYracuse goes over to the fridge where one of my friends was grabbing a bottle of water, and he knocks him in the back of the head. This begins a little altercation, but nothing happened. Right after this, the Syracuse dude walks over to a couch, sitting right beside the Florida dude, who is damn near knocked out. Me being the asshole that I am, asks the Syracuse guy "how he would **** Chris (the Florida guy) if he was a girl. So he gets on top of him and begins to show me how he would do it.

Right after he was done this he got up, then sat on the couch beside him, and they both passed out until the next morning. Hahah. I wias dying the whole night. I guess, I am an asshole for letting them drink like this, but I couldnt help it one bit. They had never drank like that before, and I made sure they wont out on top haha. Moral of the story, dont let me catch you drinking for your first time.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It doesn't matter where it's being absorbed, it still ends up in your blood either way.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:

JESUS YOU NEED READING COMPREHENSION!! I have never once said that the stomach didn't absorb alcohol. I have been repeatedly saying that after the stomach absorbs the alcohol, it is taken into the blood stream almost immediately. Which your link clearly states.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
It doesn't matter where it's being absorbed, it still ends up in your blood either way.
That is what I have been trying to tell him. Hell, the part I quoted even talked about the stomach absorbing it...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Allright, well one of my friends was hosing a SB party. So two guys from my building, and two guys from across the road came with me. One of the DB's that was with me was from Syracuse, and one of the guys from across the road were from the Miami area. Anyways, he had a bottle of 99 Apples, which is the same thing as Green Apple flavoured Smirnoff. It was I think almost 50% alcohol.

So we were just sitting there watching the game, probably about the first quarter or so, when my friend from Florida breaks out his bottle of 99 Apples. It was a 40 too, I might add. So, the guy from Syracuse says give me some of that (he had absolutely no idea on how to drink vodka lol), so I took the bottle, and told him to go grab a cup. He came back with a pretty big glass. So, I decided to fill his glass right up with the vodka. Lol. Anyone in their right mind would never ask for that much, unless you were Andre the Giant.

So he downs the entire glass in about 5 minutes. I was like WOW! He is tanked already. So he calls over the guy from Florida and begins taking **** to him, and calling him soft anf everything for not drinking. So my boy from Florida grabs a cup as well, and I pour pretty close to the same amount in there. He chugs the whole thing. At this point Im thinking, WOW what a couple of dumbasses.

So, after this they begin arguing at each other, the one from Syracuse yelling his area code 315 then drinking a shot (we've moved onto shots now), and the Florida guy would counteract by taking a shot and yelling his area code 954.

They do this for about 2 shots, until they both drop at the same time. It was hilarious to see this. About 2 minutes later, the dude from SYracuse goes over to the fridge where one of my friends was grabbing a bottle of water, and he knocks him in the back of the head. This begins a little altercation, but nothing happened. Right after this, the Syracuse dude walks over to a couch, sitting right beside the Florida dude, who is damn near knocked out. Me being the asshole that I am, asks the Syracuse guy "how he would **** Chris (the Florida guy) if he was a girl. So he gets on top of him and begins to show me how he would do it.

Right after he was done this he got up, then sat on the couch beside him, and they both passed out until the next morning. Hahah. I wias dying the whole night. I guess, I am an asshole for letting them drink like this, but I couldnt help it one bit. They had never drank like that before, and I made sure they wont out on top haha. Moral of the story, dont let me catch you drinking for your first time.
So that's about 2 mins of entertainment, if you can stretch that out to about 7.5 hours a day till the 29th i'd be really grateful
Old 02-18-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not at all, you would be an asshole if you didn't encourage them to drink like that. One of my buddies had a recruit, and he wouldn't take him to the party until he had finished a bottle of cheap ass vodka.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not at all, you would be an asshole if you didn't encourage them to drink like that. One of my buddies had a recruit, and he wouldn't take him to the party until he had finished a bottle of cheap ass vodka.
I'd imagine that went over pretty well...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
So that's about 2 mins of entertainment, if you can stretch that out to about 7.5 hours a day till the 29th i'd be really grateful
Well it accounted for about a full night of fun for me. That was one of the few times in which there was a ton of beer and liquor there, so I was good.

But yea, I got a ton of stories, including picking up a hitchiker, getting offered a gun and so on. I will save them for other times, so you can plan time accordingly. :)
Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Haha, **** I want to come to your school for a visit. Still your school sounds pretty good all around. But yea, at the time, I was like damn, Im an asshole, but now I look back, and I really had no other choice, at least in my mind.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Oh shoot. Ive gotta be one of the worst story tellers of all time. I actuallyforgot the part where my friends from Syracuse proposed to me. They call me Canada at school, for obvious reasons, so he yells out "Hey Canada" and gives me a seductive wave lol. He then walks into a bedroom, and there just happens to be a ring in a case, and he grabs it. He then says "everyone shut up, I got something to say" and he gets on one knee and proposes to me.

Someone447, I got you on facebook, and if you look at the photos that people tag me in, you will see a couple from that superbowl party, and you will see the one where he is proposing to me.

I also have a couple videos, one of where he is "*******" my friend Chris like I told him to, lol, and I do have a video of him proposing to me, although I have to get that one.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
JESUS YOU NEED READING COMPREHENSION!! I have never once said that the stomach didn't absorb alcohol. I have been repeatedly saying that after the stomach absorbs the alcohol, it is taken into the blood stream almost immediately. Which your link clearly states.
First off, do not sit behind your computer and become a keyboard warrior. That is one of the stupidest things a person can do.

But again, you are wrong. Alcohol is absorbed into fatty tissue, not all going directly into the blood. What do you think the stomach is made of? This isn't Biology 101, this is pretty simple to understand if you would take the time to try to understand it, rather than beating your chest proclaiming yourself to be "he-man" behind a computer keyboard as evidenced by the quoted post.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
But yea, I got a ton of stories, including picking up a hitchiker, getting offered a gun and so on. I will save them for other times, so you can plan time accordingly. :)
I have some really good stories too. I have been meaning to write them up, so once I get it so they actually sound good I will post them. I've been arrested for attempted breaking and entering(got away with only a public intoxication ticket, didn't even have to go to the drunk tank.) I have had a gun pulled on me, I have went looking for hookers in downtown Juarez with a friend and ended up getting chased for a few blocks by a guy in a trenchcoat, got in a fight where it ended up 3 on 15, I'll write a couple of them up and post them, eventually.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have some really good stories too. I have been meaning to write them up, so once I get it so they actually sound good I will post them. I've been arrested for attempted breaking and entering(got away with only a public intoxication ticket, didn't even have to go to the drunk tank.) I have had a gun pulled on me, I have went looking for hookers in downtown Juarez with a friend and ended up getting chased for a few blocks by a guy in a trenchcoat, got in a fight where it ended up 3 on 15, I'll write a couple of them up and post them, eventually.
Dam, those sound like quite the stories. Ive got a bunch of great ones two, like my first legal bar that I was able to get into, and how it ended in a fight, and ended in me losing a girl I liked. That was flat out stupid. There was also the one where we chased a coke head in downtown Toronto, only to be chases back by about 3 of them. That was messed up. There was my tobogonning accident from last winter, which my friend saved any hope I had at a football career. Those are just a few too. but man, too many good times.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

someone447 you internet barbarian
Old 02-18-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Here is my first one:

When you live in El Paso, TX you quickly realize how little there is to do. Thursday nights are the lone bright spot for those who are under 21. Thursday is the night of the 10$ Drink and Drown in Juarez, Mexico. This night was the last Thursday before I moved to Portland. I decided the consumption of mass quantities of alcohol was in order. It started off like any other night in Juarez. We pay our 35 cents and decide to go to Preppies. Now, Preppies is a dive bar just off the main strip, and my friends and I were regulars. We get there and pay our ten dollars. I walk up to the bar and say, “Hector, 6 shots of tequila and 6 Coronas.” The owner looks over at me and laughs, “It's going to be one of those nights.”

So I round up my two friends and make a toast, “Here's to you, and here's to me. Friends we shall ever be, but if we ever disagree, **** YOU, HERE'S TO ME!!!” We each down our two shots and chase it with a beer. About an hour later another group of my friends gets there. So I start talking to one of my buddies, and somehow the conversation shifts to bar fights(this should have been a sign to stop drinking, but true to my alcoholic nature, I soldiered on.) The rest of the night was uneventful, until the walk back across the bridge.

I have made it a personal policy to never give bums money, unless they do something for me. So, in exchange for the change in my pocket, I told the bums to do jumping jacks. They did a couple, and I gave them my change. This did not sit well with the group walking behind me. As my friends and I are walking, we hear, “Pinche Gringo” We assume there is about to be a fight behind us and just keep walking. If you are white, you don't want to be near any trouble when the Federales come around. This only angered the guy(hereafter known as douche) more.

I hear, “Pinche joto” as I feel a hand on my shoulder.
I turn around, “Fuck you, what the **** is your problem?”
I have no idea what he said after this, because I do not speak Spanish.
“Dude, do I look ******* Mexican? I am the whitest guy here, speak ******* English if you want a response.”
“Mang, you are ******* racist.”
“What the hell are you talking about?”
“You made that Mexican do jumping jacks.”
“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, man, I don't give a damn if he is white, black, brown, or purple if a bum wants my money he has to make me laugh.”
“Fuck you asshole.”
I reply in my most sincere apologetic tone, “I am sorry you were offended, is it because your dad is homeless?”

Now, I am not a small guy. I am 5'10” 190 lbs with about 10% body fat(shameless self promotion ending.) These guys couldn't have been bigger than 5'8” 150 lbs.

This comment sealed the deal. We were going to fight. He pushes me, I get in his face and tell him I will beat his ass; but I am not getting arrested in Mexico. I tell him I will wait for him on the American side. This does not go over well and he keeps trying to fight me. I look over my shoulder and see a group of Federales on their way over. I turn and start walking to the border and apologize profusely when they stop me. They made us go ahead and held the other guys back until we were inside.

So, we are walking slowly towards the parking lot, waiting for the guys to cross. Douche runs up and pushes me. My buddy turns around and decks him in one punch. Douche's friend starts running up to help him, and my other buddy hits him before he gets to me. Then the third friend comes up and tackles me. He gets on top of me and starts wailing on me. I am able to get him off me, and get on top of him. I am just absolutely wailing on him. My friend pulls me off and asks for the keys. I hand them to him so he can get the car and we can get the hell out of their. My other friend and I start backing up to a wall so we can't be jumped from behind. All of a sudden, we are staring into a group of around 15 people. We are throwing punches at anyone who comes near. I connect with a couple shots to random people. My buddy honks and we start backing towards the car. Douche's girlfriend then runs out to us and sucker punches my buddy. I start cracking up and tell Douche to, “Get your ***** before something bad happens.”

We get out to near the car when my buddy gets sucker punched AGAIN. By now he is pissed. He throws the guy onto the roof of the car and beat him like he was a boxer leaning on the ropes. At the same time, a see a guy running up to jump in. I grab him and try to calm him down. He looks at me and says, “Motherfucker, you hit me.”

“Well, weren't you trying to fight me?”
“No, I was trying to break it up.”
“Dude, I am really sorry. I was just throwing punches at anything that got near me, I think I may have even hit my friend. I was just looking out for myself. Again, man, I am really sorry.”

Just as my friend lets the guy who sucker punched him up, my other friend pulls up, throws open the door and we hop in. Right as we turn out of the parking lot, a police car drives up and moves his spotlight over everyone still in the area. We head to Taco Cabana and relive one of the craziest nights of our young lives.