Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-18-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Minnesota Vikings Offseason Moves Thread

Additions

Madieu Williams

Thomas Tapeh

Bernard Berrian

Maurice Hicks

Derrick Pope

Ellis Wyms

Dallas Sartz

Benny Sapp

Gus Frerotte

Subtractions

Dwight Smith

Troy Williamson

Kelly Holcomb

Dontarrious Thomas

Mewelde Moore

Tank Williams

Tony Richardson

I'll put all of the players we get and lose in this thread.

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 04-02-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Idea. Cant wait to see it fill up with some good football players.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Good Idea. Cant wait to see it fill up with some good football players.
It'd be nice to see Bryant Johnson or Dallas Clark on there :)
Old 02-18-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any chance of turning this into a sticky?

i'd kinda like to see someone like trent green come in and backup TJ. even his fragile ass is better than the two scrubs we have be hind him now
Old 02-18-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have to have a Team Leader to make it sticky(unless we can get a mod to come and do it).

Ken Hamlin would look good up there along with a decent WR like Donte Stallworth, DJ Hackett, or Bryant Johnson.

Here is a list of our F/A's

Mike Doss S UFA
Heath Farwell LB RFA
Robert Ferguson WR UFA
Spencer Johnson DT UFA
Mewelde Moore RB UFA
Tony Richardson FB UFA
Darion Scott DE UFA
Dontarious Thomas LB UFA
Ronyell Whitaker CB UFA
Tank Williams S UFA

Bold indicates the players I would like to re-sign
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:) some good news... We have our first person to add to the subtractions list. I saw it on the NFL Network bottom line. Adam Schefter reports S Dwight Smith has been cut by the Vikings.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Jevon Kearse got cut today, and though he is definitely prone to injury, he could provide a lot of what we're lacking in our pass rush.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Saw Jevon Kearse got cut today, and though he is definitely prone to injury, he could provide a lot of what we're lacking in our pass rush.
I wouldn't want him. Most of the speed he had as a Titan and his first year as an Eagle is gone.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see rumor on Fanball that the Vikes have Jerry Porter on there wish list. I would love to see this happen myself.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I see rumor on Fanball that the Vikes have Jerry Porter on there wish list. I would love to see this happen myself.
Nice I would love to see him come. It would make us focus better on a S or DE in the first 2 rounds then.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I wouldn't want him. Most of the speed he had as a Titan and his first year as an Eagle is gone.
Yeah, I guess upon looking at his production, it would be surprising to see him really do much for anyone.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

even though our hopes for Fitz were pointless to begin with, I think we can put the final nail in the coffin now...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Jerry Porter is that he's a player very similar to Sidney Rice. Neither player is going to give you much blazing speed. If you've got Brooks Bollinger as your QB that's one thing, but Williamson's best throws are usually his deep balls, so it would make sense to get someone that can break it (though outside of Berrian I'm not sure such a player is available in FA).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

well I am hoping for

WR1: Jerry Porter
WR2: Sindey Rice
WR3: Bobby Wade
WR4: Aundrae Allison

Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

would someone please explain the fascination over a 30 year old oft-injured inconsistent player with character issues? I wouldnt mind him, but he's #4 on my option list...

1. Berrian
2. Johnson
3. Hackett
4. Porter

IMO, Porter is a last resort
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bring. Back. Moss.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingMoss View Post
Bring. Back. Moss.
It would be nice to bring moss back but I bet he doesnt want to come back to Minnesota. Plus The Patriots already have a verbal agreement with Moss already and they have a contract ready for him to sign on the 29th.

I like Porter because he is a proven Veteran. He can catch the ball and help out a Young QB. I personally don't think Berrian is going anywhere. They be crazy to let him go. Johnson Im alright with but what has he done? He is a 3rd Receiver behind One of the Best Duo's in the league. Which helps him out but I dont know how he will do as a #1. Hackett I like but He was injured last year. I just dont know.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingMoss View Post
Bring. Back. Moss.
No. Way. In. Hell.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
It would be nice to bring moss back but I bet he doesnt want to come back to Minnesota.
He has said he wanted to retire as a Viking - maybe he still does? We could use a deep threat, we can open the bank, and he's smart enough to appreciate what having Peterson on the same side would mean.

Quote:
Plus The Patriots already have a verbal agreement with Moss already and they have a contract ready for him to sign on the 29th.
Verbal ain't binding. Didn't Hutch have a verbal agreement with Seattle? And I'm not too sure Moss really would want to stay in New England.

All that being said, yeah, it's a dream and why would he leave New England. But still, a man can dream.

I like Bryant Johnson's talent, but it is hard to go from being a third-stringer up to first-string, the talent of corners messes with most of the players who make that leap; you could replace Bryant Johnson with D.J. Hackett and I'd say the same thing. I'm not high on Berrian and I doubt Chicago will let him go also, and Porter Could be good, but he Could be a headcase that brings down Sidney. I really don't know if there's a free agent receiver we should invest in and make another BobbyWade mistake.

This is a deep draft for receivers, they should definately take one of the fifteen or so I wouldn't mind them taking, that's all I know.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it would be a great move to bring in a receiver like berrian. With williamson maybe leaving we could use a burner that can actually catch.

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

I thought you guys Might wanted to see this... its from vikings.scout.com

Quote:
SUNDAY NOTES
* There are rumors that the Vikings might make a strong push to sign Bengals safety Madieu Williams when free agency begins Saturday morning.

* Another name that has cropped up and been linked to interest from the Vikings is Dolphins quarterback Cleo Lemon, who Rick Spielman has some personal knowledge of.

* The Vikings haven’t made any progress in trading wide receiver Troy Williamson. When word got out that the Vikings were shopping Williamson, his agent said between eight and 10 teams had expressed an interest. His agent, David Carter, left Indianapolis to attend a wedding Saturday, but is expected back in Indy today and there is the belief that a trade might be worked out before the Combine ends on Tuesday.

* If the Vikings have an interest in Bernard Berrian, they are not alone. Word coming out of Cleveland is that the Browns are prepared to make a big push for Berrian if he makes it to free agency and doesn’t re-sign with the Bears, who recently released veteran Muhsin Muhammad.

* The Vikings will let safety Mike Doss test free agency before making any offer to have him remain with the team.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sometimes you canít believe everything you read.

There have been published reports that the Vikings are somewhere between $15-17 million under the 2008 salary cap, but in reality, you can nearly double that amount by the time free agency begins midnight Friday night.

Thanks to creative bookkeeping that includes several contract provisions for bonuses that arenít going to be met, such as bonuses for players like Pat Williams to have a specific number of special teams tackles (Big Pat doesnít play on special teams), the Vikings will have approximately $30 million to spend under the $116 million salary cap.

Last year, believing the free agent talent and the big spike in the salary cap would force teams to overspend, the Vikings didnít make much of a splash Ė signing WR Bobby Wade, TE Visanthe Shiancoe, LB Vinny Ciurciu and safety Mike Doss. The only player the Vikings made a big play for was wide receiver Kevin Curtis, who ended up signing with the Eagles.

This year may be different. With the belief that the Vikings are only a key player or two away from being a legitimate playoff contender, the belief from Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman is that the Vikings may well go after a blue-chip free agent or two if the money is right and the players are viewed as good fits in the Vikings' system.

With a deeper talent pool in free agency this year, the Vikings may have been wise getting out of the bidding wars last year. With plenty of many to spend and holes
- http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=731451

Hmm but which blue chippers? I really don't see that many blue chip f/a's that can help us this year.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:38 AM    (permalink
S2TheEvo
Rookie

S2TheEvo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm pretty high on Madieu Williams. When he's healthy he makes a nice amount of plays and is one of the more underrated players in the league, plus he's still young. I'd say there's a pretty good chance that we do sign him, it's a good fit, and the Leslie Frazier connection doesn't hurt.

Berrian would be my preference at receiver. DJ Hackett would probably be second, but he has hard time staying on the field. Porter is a nice fit in the WCO, but is probably on the downside of his career and also has injury problems. Any of them would be an upgrade right now.

S2TheEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

We can add Troy Williamson to the Subtractons list :)
Old 02-26-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I know for some odd reason things are starting to fall into place. Not that getting rid of the two biggest eye sores on the team is some revelation. Did anyone else notice in the last two games how freaking horrible Dwight Smith looked.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote