Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-26-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
S2TheEvo
Rookie

S2TheEvo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It seemed like he forgot how to tackle. Imagine if we were in a position to make the playoffs and he was missing tackles like that... Oh yeah... For some reason the first thing I think about with Dwight is how he got arrested for having sex in a stairwell.

Can't wait for FA to start. Building through the draft is definitely the better way to go, but we have some needs that should be addressed in FA this year (safety, receiver). No Visanthe-esque signings though.

S2TheEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

do draft picks count as additions? add a 6th round pick and subtract williamson, lol
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
do draft picks count as additions? add a 6th round pick and subtract williamson, lol
No, I'm just doing players.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it for sure a 6th round? Or is that still in discussion?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2TheEvo View Post
It seemed like he forgot how to tackle. Imagine if we were in a position to make the playoffs and he was missing tackles like that... Oh yeah... For some reason the first thing I think about with Dwight is how he got arrested for having sex in a stairwell.

Can't wait for FA to start. Building through the draft is definitely the better way to go, but we have some needs that should be addressed in FA this year (safety, receiver). No Visanthe-esque signings though.
Eh you can be assured Childress will have atleast 1 F/A signing like that. He has done it every year since he has been here. 2006 Chester Taylor & Ben Leber. 2007 Bobby Wade & Visanthe Shiancoe. In 2008 it's very likely there will be another one but who is the question. Right now I'm guessing he will bring in some under the radar safety and try to make him the starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dynasty
Is it for sure a 6th round? Or is that still in discussion?
I have no clue I have read in places that it is a 6th that can escalate into a 4th or 5th(Which if true means it has to be a 2009 pick). Other places have just said that the Vikings will be getting a second day pick/6th round pick in the 2008 NFL draft. I guess we will just have to wait until friday to find out the truth.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 02-26-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Release awful safety that can't tackle anything outside of a staircase : CHECK!

Trade butter-fingered receiver : CHECK!

Release a bad back-up QB : CHECK...

Vikings released QB Kelly Holcomb.

Holcomb was due a $150,000 bonus the club wasn't going to pay. He played poorly in three 2007 appearances, barely completing half his 83 attempts and averaging only 6.7 YPA before hurting his neck. At 35, he may retire.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
Release awful safety that can't tackle anything outside of a staircase : CHECK!

Trade butter-fingered receiver : CHECK!

Release a bad back-up QB : CHECK...

Vikings released QB Kelly Holcomb.

Holcomb was due a $150,000 bonus the club wasn't going to pay. He played poorly in three 2007 appearances, barely completing half his 83 attempts and averaging only 6.7 YPA before hurting his neck. At 35, he may retire.

Lets just hope they dont mess it up with FA and Draft.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Im Very Happy with the Vikings so far.

Lets just hope they dont mess it up with FA and Draft.
Yeah, all we have so far is some addition by subtraction.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 AM    (permalink
S2TheEvo
Rookie

S2TheEvo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Eh you can be assured Childress will have atleast 1 F/A signing like that. He has done it every year since he has been here. 2006 Chester Taylor & Ben Leber. 2007 Bobby Wade & Visanthe Shiancoe. In 2008 it's very likely there will be another one but who is the question. Right now I'm guessing he will bring in some under the radar safety and try to make him the starter.
Yeah, more than likely... Though Leber and Taylor were both productive with there former teams, as was Bobby Wade to some extent. Shiancoe barely touched the ball in New York, and rightfully so with Shockey starting. We picked him up based on a nice combine performance years ago, and of course, B-Chilly's amazing knowledge of all things NFC-East. ;-)

I do think we will get a somewhat established safety though (Madieu or Gibril), or I could be wrong and we could end up with JR REED!!! Usually don't have a good feeling about us attracting free agents, but I have a feeling that we'll lure in a few good ones this year. Hopefully this thread is bumpinnn tomorrow, but again, no Visanthe Shiancoe's.

S2TheEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

so far, this offseason is like taking out the trash, and finding an ice cold beer just for you while doing it.....very nice!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post

I have no clue I have read in places that it is a 6th that can escalate into a 4th or 5th(Which if true means it has to be a 2009 pick). Other places have just said that the Vikings will be getting a second day pick/6th round pick in the 2008 NFL draft. I guess we will just have to wait until friday to find out the truth.

umm Taylor and Leber were GREAT signings and Bobby came cheap and has been okay.... Shiancoe is really the only questionable signing Chilly has done since hes been here, otherwise, hes done a pretty good job, also, last year was probably the worst FA class since FA began...
Old 02-28-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

If you go to the rumor mill on espn theres a rumor saying Berrian to Minnesota?. That would be nice if we sign him on friday.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
If you go to the rumor mill on espn theres a rumor saying Berrian to Minnesota?. That would be nice if we sign him on friday.
/PUKE EVERYWHERE
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post
/PUKE EVERYWHERE
Berrians not on top on my list but Hey we gotta look at it as We need a WR Badly. Berrian is one of the top WR in the FA and if we could sign him it would make our WR core alot better. Berrian and Rice that would be a nice mixture of Speed and Height. What Happens is what happens i guess.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Berrians not on top on my list but Hey we gotta look at it as We need a WR Badly. Berrian is one of the top WR in the FA and if we could sign him it would make our WR core alot better. Berrian and Rice that would be a nice mixture of Speed and Height. What Happens is what happens i guess.
I would love it. The guy may not exactly be sure handed, but he is fairly reliable and can actually adjust to the ball in the air. Would be a definite upgrade to what we currently have.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Apparently the Vikings have offered a 3rd rounder for QB Sage Rosenfels

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=113255

what do you think?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post
Apparently the Vikings have offered a 3rd rounder for QB Sage Rosenfels

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=113255

what do you think?
I love it. he would be better than any rookie we brought in in the third round so why not? he could compete right away, and played really well in spot duty this season. I would be 100% for it

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
I love it. he would be better than any rookie we brought in in the third round so why not? he could compete right away, and played really well in spot duty this season. I would be 100% for it
Spending a 3rd rounder on a backup? Ehhh, I dunno about that. I would prefer picking up a FA such as Gray or Green.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

A third rounder for sage rosenthfels? you got to be freaking kidding me that would be freaking stupid!!!!!!! why not resign Daunte or fo after Byron leftwich these guys have actually won some games. Im not sure who the bigger Idiot is childress and all his NFC east scrubs or Speilman and his ex dolphin freaking scrubs a third rounder? we could possibly get a very nice prospect like henne or woodson both of which would be no worse then rosenfels
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

you guys if it went down Sage would be given a chance to earn the starting role, no doubt about it
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the talk of the Vikes offering a 3rd round pick for Rosenfels is untrue, but I really dislike it. I think it would be another phenomenally stupid move by the decision-makers, to be frank. Why on Earth would you give up a 3rd round pick for Rosenfels, especially in such a great draft?

I understand this is a make or break year for Childress, but come on. At least get a better quarterback, cripes. You're better off keeping the pick and playing Bollinger.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosenfels would likely start. He's much better than Tavaris Jackson at the moment, and probably longterm as well.

The only problem is that it still really doesn't adress the position longterm. But for a team that has a legit chance at winning the division next year (the Bears sure as hell aren't), getting a solid vet QB isn't a bad idea.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets wouldn't trade Pennington for a 3rd round pick? Heck, I'd bet the Bills would give up Losman for a 5th or maybe even a 6th round pick.

It's not like the Vikings don't have the cap space to give a guy a one-year extension on an existing deal.

A 3rd for Rosenfels. No wonder the fanbase wants Childress and GM Rick Spielman (who made some laughably bad trades in Miami, good to know he hasn't lost the touch) out of town. It's like looking at the NFC version of Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller, a offensive coordinator trying to be a HC and a failed GM who belongs back at ESPN.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Jets wouldn't trade Pennington for a 3rd round pick? Heck, I'd bet the Bills would give up Losman for a 5th or maybe even a 6th round pick.

It's not like the Vikings don't have the cap space to give a guy a one-year extension on an existing deal.

A 3rd for Rosenfels. No wonder the fanbase wants Childress and GM Rick Spielman (who made some laughably bad trades in Miami, good to know he hasn't lost the touch) out of town.
Well after the fairly spectacular draft we had last year Vikings fans are starting to shed some of the animosity towards the two...
Old 02-28-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

A 3rd for Rosenfels. No wonder the fanbase wants Childress and GM Rick Spielman (who made some laughably bad trades in Miami, good to know he hasn't lost the touch) out of town. It's like looking at the NFC version of Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller, a offensive coordinator trying to be a HC and a failed GM who belongs back at ESPN.
I'm not sure Chad Pennington is any better than Sage.

And I really doubt the Bills would trade Losman for that little. If they would then maybe there is some value there, but if they've targeted Rosenfels (and personally I would prefer him over the other two), I don't think there's a problem there.

Rosenfels did exceptionally well last year in Houston, and has always been pretty well thought of in league circles from what I've read. At least more so than fan perception would allow.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote