Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lito Sheppard

Okay, so i heard on ESPN radio that John Clayton reported that the Iggles gave permission to Sheppard's agent to seek a trade.
This guy's a stud and he's young, what do you think the Iggles would take for him, and do you think it would be in the cowboys interest to make a run at him?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather not make a trade within the division, he's a good corner but there are other options id rather explore, I could only imagine giving them players that pan out that we have to see twice a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Id rather not make a trade within the division, he's a good corner but there are other options id rather explore, I could only imagine giving them players that pan out that we have to see twice a year.
Like the Cowboys did with the Eagles in the last draft.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Like the Cowboys did with the Eagles in the last draft.
What players did we give them that we have to see twice a year?

Obviously trading them a draft pick is a little different then trading a player, and even then that deal heavily favored us, we got the exact same guy while getting an extra 1st rounder.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Obviously trading them a draft pick is a little different then trading a player, and even then that deal heavily favored us, we got the exact same guy while getting an extra 1st rounder.
How would you feel if Kevin Kolb turns into Brett Favre?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well in the past few drafts the cowboys and eagles have made deals. Lets not forget that we went up to their pick in the 4th a few years back to take Chris Canty. Maybe they feel comfortable with the value they've given each other, so what if we offer a 2nd rounder to them?
I'm just saying.. throw the bait
and see if they bite
Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
How would you feel if Kevin Kolb turns into Brett Favre?
What if Brady Quinn turns into Brett Favre? Thats a moot point right there because we had our qb regardless, and Kolb would of been there when the Eagles picked originally...And if he does turn into Favre, it was still worth the trade every time.

And I never said that "division trades never happen", I said "Id rather not make a trade within the division, and have to see those players twice"

That doesnt mean we never have, or never will, but getting him will cost players, and I dont want Carpenter to go to a division team and he's our most attractive trade bait.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
What if Brady Quinn turns into Brett Favre? Thats a moot point right there because we had our qb regardless, and Kolb would of been there when the Eagles picked originally...And if he does turn into Favre, it was still worth the trade every time.

And I never said that "division trades never happen", I said "Id rather not make a trade within the division, and have to see those players twice"

That doesnt mean we never have, or never will, but getting him will cost players, and I dont want Carpenter to go to a division team and he's our most attractive trade bait.
Well can you give me a solid argument on how you would NOT trade an un-proven linebacker and maybe a 3rd rounder on top, in exchange for a 26 year old pro bowl corner in his prime??

Linebacker is probably the easiest position to replace next to Runningback.. quarterback and cornerback are probably the toughest
Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well can you give me a solid argument on how you would NOT trade an un-proven linebacker and maybe a 3rd rounder on top, in exchange for a 26 year old pro bowl corner in his prime??

Linebacker is probably the easiest position to replace next to Runningback.. quarterback and cornerback are probably the toughest
Just a difference of opinion man, didnt you ask a question to start the thread? I gave my answer, it doesnt have to be the same as yours...I just dont like the idea, Dallas cant make every move possible for every player available...People have brought up the idea of bringing almost every player here...

Trades are hard enough to come by, I doubt we do much trading outside of trying to move up, or going after one of Detroit's Texas guys...I wouldnt hate bringing Lito in, but this is a trade, not a free agent signing...He's not going to come dirt cheap you know that right? He is in his prime and young, we arent going to get him for a few guys off our bench.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Just a difference of opinion man, didnt you ask a question to start the thread? I gave my answer, it doesnt have to be the same as yours...I just dont like the idea, Dallas cant make every move possible for every player available...People have brought up the idea of bringing almost every player here...

Trades are hard enough to come by, I doubt we do much trading outside of trying to move up, or going after one of Detroit's Texas guys...I wouldnt hate bringing Lito in, but this is a trade, not a free agent signing...He's not going to come dirt cheap you know that right? He is in his prime and young, we arent going to get him for a few guys off our bench.
Well dont get me wrong, im not bashing the fact that you dont think it'll happen. The only reason i said that was because you said that you wouldnt be willing to part ways with Bobby Carpenter, when he has done close to nothing in his time with the boys. It was stated in my first post that i wouldnt doubt the eagles would want a high pick or a good player, but why wouldnt you give up a first which you're probably gonna use on a corner anyway?
If my knowledge is right, i think the Eagles would take the hit on the rest of the bonus money they owe Sheppard, who signed an extension about two years ago i believe, and all the cowboys would have to account for would be the salary.. and if they chose to release or trade him again, i dont think they'd take ANY cap ramifications.
this is just something that i think would make sense for both sides and
that's why i brought it up
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They wouldnt trade him within the division...a draft pick is one thing but, we're talking about a multi pro bowl CB here. Not happening.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it would happen, however, if we could get him for a second round pick, go for it.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to get him away from a divisional rival would be worth it...this guy kills us every year

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...rade_talk.html

Eagles and Sheppard deny, per Philly Inquirer. Doesn't mean it's not true, but whatever.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lito is not coming here. No good reason why they would trade an established player to a division rival. Unless we give them some ridiculous deal.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles probably would ask for Cleveland's first rounder + another early pick AT LEAST to move him in division. Either way, I don't see the Eagles parting with Lito, given his low cost contract and high quality play when healthy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Lito is not coming here. No good reason why they would trade an established player to a division rival. Unless we give them some ridiculous deal.
well yeah, at the right price i'd trade romo too.
i dont think the eagles gave too much thought to anthony spencer becoming
a double digit sack artist against them when they were trading with the
cowboys this past year.
i'm saying at the right price im sure they would have to listen. if
they dont wanna go through a hold out or what not if it's really
that bad, i'd take a player and a pick for him.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
cowboys this past year.
Can you not see the difference between trading for a pick and trading for a multi-time Pro Bowler? And seriously you would trade Romo to a division rival for the "right price". Your logic astounds me.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
cowboys this past year.
Why do the Eagles have to act like were the only team to trade with? There are countless teams who NEED a #1 cb, and would be willing to give up more, the Eagles arent going to sit down and figure out how they can send Lito to Dallas, and we arent going to find a way to get him here either...Just not going to happen.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Can you not see the difference between trading for a pick and trading for a multi-time Pro Bowler? And seriously you would trade Romo to a division rival for the "right price". Your logic astounds me.
sure i would.
no one is untradeable. the price may be through the roof, but there's a price none-the-less right?
If that logic is so hard to understand, i wouldnt want you to be the
GM of my team.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
sure i would.
no one is untradeable. the price may be through the roof, but there's a price none-the-less right?
If that logic is so hard to understand, i wouldnt want you to be the
GM of my team.
So in this point of his career... you would trade our young franchise QB.... to a division rival.... so we can see him twice a year... dismissing the possible effect on the chemistry within our team? Nope I still believe you are the one with the skewed logic.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree bad call especially with the possible trade options..... even with a low pick this year or next i see no qbs matching romo's preformance and even if we got a division qb traded to us none match him either or come close........
bdlyons26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlyons26 View Post
i agree bad call especially with the possible trade options..... even with a low pick this year or next i see no qbs matching romo's preformance and even if we got a division qb traded to us none match him either or come close........
lol i wasnt saying that i wanted to trade romo, just for the record.

the point i was trying to make is that no one is untradeable. no one.
and i believe that whole heartedly.

Multiple times last year when Kevin Pritchard was being interviewed
about who he was picking, Kevin Durant or Greg Oden, he was asked
if he would trade the pick.
He said that if you gave him lebron james he'd make that trade in an instant.

just an example
Old 02-21-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they wanted our pick from Cleveland and Bobby Carpenter. I would certainly consider the deal. Obviously its a stretch. But consider how highly rated a first rounder is. Add the fact that we are probably looking at that position when our pick comes up. His contract is great. Hes talented(which means we dont need to take a crapshoot in the draft for a Corner)... And even if Bobby Carpenter turns into an All-Star. Its not like we are trading for trash.

I dont want to give up any more then that. But I cant see how we can refuse such a deal if Philly asked for that.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say we..... trade MB3 for Ricky Williams.... yeah! about as sensable as giving both firsts and mb3 for the number 1!
bdlyons26 is offline   Reply With Quote