Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Blu-ray wins format battle?

Blu-ray wins format battle

TOKYO - Toshiba said Tuesday it will no longer develop, make or market HD DVD players and recorders, handing a victory to rival Blu-ray disc technology in the format battle for next-generation video.

The move would make Blu-ray backed by Sony Corp., Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., which makes Panasonic brand products, and five major Hollywood movie studios the winner in the battle over high-definition DVD formatting that began several years ago.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Huh that's very interesting...is this exactly a reliable source? Like is this definite or what?

Being an HD man myself, does this mean that DVD's from now on will no longer be formatted in the HD style, or just that the DVD players will no longer accept HD formatted DVD's (thus making the need for them obsolete)?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Huh that's very interesting...is this exactly a reliable source? Like is this definite or what?
It is on the front page of yahoo.com it sounds like a definite will see.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was a foregone conclusion.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

Being an HD man myself, does this mean that DVD's from now on will no longer be formatted in the HD style, or just that the DVD players will no longer accept HD formatted DVD's (thus making the need for them obsolete)?
This has been old news for awhile actually, ever since CES a month ago. Plus there was already a thread about this like 4 days ago.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18270
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you followed this kind of stuff this was pretty much a given for about a month, when all the movie studios got behind BluRay

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yea this was bound to happen......

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

this is why I did not buy a HD DVD player...you can get them for around 60 bucks now...I wonder if Blu Ray will ever incorporate HD DVD into its formats...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very close to buying an HD player with 3 movies plus the mail in offer for 100 bucks on boxing day and I am glad I didn't. I still think I am going to wait and either buy a PS3 when it gets really cheap or hope that Microsoft releases a bluray attachment for my 360.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was very close to buying an HD player with 3 movies plus the mail in offer for 100 bucks on boxing day and I am glad I didn't. I still think I am going to wait and either buy a PS3 when it gets really cheap or hope that Microsoft releases a bluray attachment for my 360.
I doubt that Microsoft will release a sony product to go along with the XBox 360...
Old 02-19-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard a rumour that says the might.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I heard a rumour that says the might.
really? I don't understand how that would be smart for Sony...

I mean, that would be badass for microsoft...but Sony would be allowing the direct competition to get the upperhand...for a lesser price...

did you read that...if so do you have a link...??
Old 02-19-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I heard it so long ago. Don't think I am making this up because I actually heard it. I am just hoping though, I don't think it will actually happen.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I heard it so long ago. Don't think I am making this up because I actually heard it. I am just hoping though, I don't think it will actually happen.
I'm not saying your making it up...I would just like confirmation though...I just don't see it happening...my opinion...
Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I'm not saying your making it up...I would just like confirmation though...I just don't see it happening...my opinion...
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...LATE=DEF AULT

it's happening. (website backed by The Associated Press)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

stand corrected...that's badass...
Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

wow..thanks for link Addict

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, 360 actually made a good decision in not including a built in HD player, who woulda thought...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I don't see where it says that Sony is going to make a Blu Ray attachment to the Xbox 360?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Can you quote where it says that? I didn't see anything that had to do with a Blu-Ray add-on for the 360. I cannot fathom why Sony would do that...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he meant it's official that HD-DVD is done, but could be mistaken...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Can you quote where it says that? I didn't see anything that had to do with a Blu-Ray add-on for the 360. I cannot fathom why Sony would do that...
I don't have an actual quote, but I do recall Microsoft's Peter Moore (who has moved onto EA Games now) saying that if HD-DVD 'lost the war' they wouldn't be opposed to making a Blu-Ray equipped Xbox 360.

Since it is the next generation format, I suspect Sony will be willing to give it to Microsoft considering they would in turn be making a profit off the 360, and any other consoles Microsoft releases.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like Betamax Vs. VHS, except the sucky Sony one won this time.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't have an actual quote, but I do recall Microsoft's Peter Moore (who has moved onto EA Games now) saying that if HD-DVD 'lost the war' they wouldn't be opposed to making a Blu-Ray equipped Xbox 360.

Since it is the next generation format, I suspect Sony will be willing to give it to Microsoft considering they would in turn be making a profit off the 360, and any other consoles Microsoft releases.
that would directly contradict selling the PS3 then....the xbox 360 is already ahead of Sony in sales of the game console...why would they further that with releasing the blu ray to microsoft?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good question, but I don't think Sony would withhold the Blu-Ray, even if it was a competitor.

One thing is for sure, Microsoft will need a next-gen format. Games are going to be getting too big for DVD's soon, if they aren't all ready.