Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
mbennett11

I realize that he hasn't produced like a player picked #7 overall should, but what are the aspects of his game that make him considered such a bust?

Also, would you consider Williamson a lost cause at this point or does he still have the ability to resurrect his career?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

If he doesnt get it done this year its over
Old 02-24-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Re: Troy Williamson

Quote:
Originally Posted by freese
I realize that he hasn't produced like a player picked #7 overall should, but what are the aspects of his game that make him considered such a bust?

Also, would you consider Williamson a lost cause at this point or does he still have the ability to resurrect his career?
he needs the same coordinator .... coach ..... quarterback ..... also its not like they had a good wideout on the other side to help him out
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He still has time to resurrect his career, but from what I have seen, while he has good speed, he's basically inconsistent in all other aspects.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he has no hands. needs to have 2 good years in a row or else he will be a bust

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
UtepMiner

Going off what I hear

- Bad ball awareness/ball skills, doesn't adjust to passes in the air very well.
- very inconsistent hands, drops a lot of passes.
- could be wrong on this one, but I'm not sure how well he gets off the line when pressed by physical corners.

and I agree that he probably has another year left to prove he isn't a bust.
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't even get me started...
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
Don't even get me started...
give him a chance EJ
Old 02-24-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he has hands, that look like this.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
what are the aspects of his game that make him considered such a bust?
Uhmm.....everything.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
Quote:
what are the aspects of his game that make him considered such a bust?
Uhmm.....everything.
said it before I did.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want to know how I feel about Troy Williamson, look up the Gameday threads from this past season.
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

His main problem is drops.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
I also believe that the sky is blue.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it more than once: I'm not sold on writing him off completely. He gets separation from defenders, he just needs to do a better job in catching the ball. You can teach the latter, you can't teach the former.

Especially once he's utilized as a home run threat 2 or 3 times a game, when he can actually play with a quarterback with a live arm. Of course that couldn't happen with Brad Johnson at quarterback and Brad Childress dialing up plays that wouldn't even qualify as dink 'n dunk a third of the time.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can start with maybe catching at least 20% of the balls thrown his way. Maybe then you can get into route running or blocking, but if he can't catch the football then why run proper routes?

P.S. Troy Williamson does not deserve his own thread. He doesn't even deserve to have this post devoted to him, but I'm being nice.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
P.S. Troy Williamson does not deserve his own thread
Old 02-24-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I didn't feel right letting Troy get off so easy with my previous post. So here goes. Hope I don't miss anything:

He has a terrible attitude and is lazy. His rookie season he got benched for pulling himself out of practice without telling coaches; he was in Tice's doghouse for the rest of the year. This year he sulked and cried about returning kicks. You could read his body language and tell he wasn't going 100%. He had a poor attitude after he was demoted, and Childress said so himself. He had such a poor attitude and play so pisspoor, that Childress deactivated him the week 17 in what was basically an exhibition game; a game that would have been nice to get him some experience.

He cannot adjust to the football. He is clumsy, uncoordinated. I could walk through my local park and see kids playing flag football who are more polished than Williamson.

This season the ball hit many different body parts of his wall trying to make a catch. A ball bounced off his face mask while trying to make a catch, of his helmet, his shoulder, his chest, etc etc. He doesn't just have a case of the dropsies, he literally embarrasses himself when trying to catch the ball.

He is a stick figure. He is one of the weakest players in the NFL. If he does happen to catch the ball, God forbid, he goes down at the slightest of contact. He is terrible getting off of the line. He probably couldn't beat the jam of any given high school cornerback.

Terrible route runner. He runs sloppy routes and rounds off his routes. He has good straight line speed but that's about it; he isn't that fast when he has to make cuts. Terrible body control. He gets going and can't stop.

Hope this helps.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
I also believe that the sky is blue.
Well ever since the sky turned purple...
Old 02-24-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant attest to his attitude but personally I am willing to give him a shot for the simple reason that to say he was considered raw coming out is an understatement, add to that he became the number 1 receiver (by default) with a QB who cant throw just helped to highlight his problems whilst not getting a chance to showcase his upside.

He was thrown into a bad situation, he seems to be fragile mentally. Not a good combination. Who knows if he'll ever bring it back, history would suggest not I guess.

Although I did *read* (instant disclaimer) that he was the last man out of the facility last year often trying to work on stuff.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is most of your feeling's on Braylon Edwards, the other receiver taken very high in that draft?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden
What is most of your feeling's on Braylon Edwards, the other receiver taken very high in that draft?
I can't believe he couldn't corral that hail mary pass for a touchdown. He juggled the ball like TO, but I don't remember who they were playing, but it was bad :shock:

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SteelerNation

I think coming into is third year and with TJ's cannon arm he might come good, he will be much better suited to the slot and can excell if he can ajust to the ball better.

He needs to have his contract restructured though, he does not deserve a 40 mill contract.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williamson has no hope. He won't just turn into a good wide receiver over night or even over the summer. He can't develop ball skills, route running ability, defense reading ability, and hands that soon, he is too raw for a raw player even. He is a very big and fast person, but he is not a good football player, he wasn't even that great at S.Carolina, he has like 2 catches that actually meant something in his entire career there.

Edwards is gonna be good, he's crazy, but he'll be a good player with multiple 1000 yard years...Williamson is a bust past/present/future
Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Doncarlito

Cmon now hes still young hes only been in the league for 2 years. He hasnt had the same Coach, cordinator, or QB(for the whole year) in any of the 2 years he needs time to develop a rapport With TJ and work on his skills. Many Very good Recievers dont Flourish until there 3rd or 4th year. All i need to see from him is Improvement this year a 60+ catches and 900+ yds year would be fine, and that would be improving by leaps and bounds for him. And a follow up the next year with equal or better numbers than i will be willing to say he is not a bust. But if he doesnt Improve at all next year he is a complete bust