Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons dangling Hall?

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=21

Quote:
DeAngelo Hall's future: Coach Mike Smith wants the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback on the team. Hall, who has one-year left on his contract, recently said he wants to be back, but he won't play next season without an extension. The Falcons have not committed long-term to Hall and are exploring trade possibilities.
"DeAngelo is a top-notch talent, and we're still evaluating," Dimitroff said. "I know coach Smith definitely wants him on the team. He makes this team better."

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They wont trade him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we are exploring trade opportunities with a team who wants the CB back and the CB who wants to be back, I would assume we would only pull the trigger if the trade favors us heavily.

I doubt we trade him, but if he does get away...I will be one sad man. My username would become deceiving.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's not going anywhere. He's going to be a long term Falcon, they're just trying to have bargaining chips to get him for as cheap as possible.

Think back to Hall's comments about $$$ and being able to play with Houston...he said he'd take less money to have someone like that on the opposite side of the field. I believe him...lets hope he'll sign a big contract, but nothing landmark so we'll be able to get other big time guys in under the cap too.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this team trades DeAngelo, they don't deserve my support.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is gone in the next few years. I would rather get a pick for him than just let him go. If I can have a top 15 pick then I might take it. Less than that, no.

But an extension is definitely the best option.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If coach Smith said he wants Hall back and Hall said he wants to be here then why trade him...I agree with the rest of you guys I would be really piss if we trade Hall.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's worth a top 5 pick and definately another 1st IMO.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
he's worth a top 5 pick and definately another 1st IMO.
Easily, but people here seem to hate on him and play down his skills compared to what they actually are...not as bad here as another forum I know of but, man you just don't get shut down corners like Hall with the new rules very often.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read this report today and came to see if it was true or not...Hes definately worth a first, he's still right now almost the same age as Terrance Newman was coming out, you would for sure get a shut down corner for the next 8 years, but i dont think anyone would give up two first...Is he worth it is one thing, because corners like him are hard to come by at his age, but I dont think a team would take the risk of giving up two 1st for him, it would have to be a team that felt they were a corner away from being a serious contender...

If you guys can get a mid 1st for him I dont think it be the worst of things to come...Chris Houston looked to be a #1 corner guy with elite speed so you would only need to find a solid guy opposite him, and when your in rebuilding mode another 1st is always nice, you guys would have a huge 1st day draft in terms of how many picks you would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Houston looked great and the combine, but flat out sucked last year. Certainly can't count on him.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Chris Houston looked great and the combine, but flat out sucked last year. Certainly can't count on him.
He's a rookie CB, man. That was to be expected imo.

Anyhow, we'll gladly take Hall off your hands. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
He's a rookie CB, man. That was to be expected imo.

Anyhow, we'll gladly take Hall off your hands. :)
I know. And he did show flashes, but that was repsonding to the guy who thinks he's ready to be #1.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a huge fan of DeAngelo Hall. All that said, in this day and age, with diversified passing attacks and CB restrictions, I'm hard pressed to say any CB is worth a top 5 AND another first. I mean ... a QB, sure. But a top 5 and another first? This isn't meant as a knock on Hall. It's just the realities of the CB position. I just don't see it worth that much.

I think, if they are really dangling him, the lure to do so isn't with his talent, as he's talented, but rather the hope of getting a couple extra picks this year to build around. Let's say you get another first and say a 2nd or a 3rd this year (maybe more, but basically add 2 picks in the first 3 rounds). I can see Dimitroff and Smith being quite tempted with the idea of having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. That's enough assets to bring in a couple new OL, a RB, a QB, and some critical DL revamping, and with the CB depth, maybe they feel comfortable.

Now all that said, if they can keep Hall, they should. But if they think this is headed down a slippery slope, a slope where they might have to franchise him next year, then I definitely could understand the desire to avoid said situation.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. If an extension can be had that is for the best, but I would rather him be traded then have continuous drama and disruptions that just lead to him leaving without compensation.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that he could be had for the right price. If Atlanta could get multiple picks high in the draft I say 'why not?' He isn't a "shutdown" (he's very good though) corner, he's mouthy, and he will want a hefty new contract. Obviously the team would be better with him on the field, but not at the price of an immense distraction. He has the potential to explode at any moment.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

You don't think he played at a shutdown level last season? I think he did. Or are you saying that because of his average previous season.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think that he could be had for the right price. If Atlanta could get multiple picks high in the draft I say 'why not?' He isn't a "shutdown" (he's very good though) corner, he's mouthy, and he will want a hefty new contract. Obviously the team would be better with him on the field, but not at the price of an immense distraction. He has the potential to explode at any moment.
Theres no such thing as a shutdown CB in the NFL with the rules today. He, Nnamdi, and Bailey are the closest to taking away half the field. And giving up 1 TD last year is pretty damn good. I dont even remember him getting burnt last season.

But even with that said, if a good offer comes along (and I mean good.) I dont see why we shouldnt trade him. This is a critical year for rebuilding and having all these picks in the first couple of rounds would be pretty amazing for a franchise that is rebuilding. With a great draft with all those picks, added onto our last years solid draft, you have a great young team that will only get better.

It will be hard leaving Hall (my username is dedicated to him, if you cant tell), but you have to see the upside the trade could do for the franchise.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 02-20-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I'm not sure there was a better cornerback in the NFL last year than DeAngelo Hall. But I think an extension should be made or we should trade him. Preferably extension.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You don't think he played at a shutdown level last season? I think he did. Or are you saying that because of his average previous season.
He wasn't shutdown. Amani Toomer and Anthony Gonzalez come to mind from last year. He played well for the most part, and rebounded from being very average in '06, but teams still threw at him.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

It will be hard leaving Hall (my username is dedicated to him, if you cant tell), but you have to see the upside the trade could do for the franchise.
Unless we get something to the tune of 2 firsts, I probably wouldn't be happy. I couldn't justify trading a guy who is as good as he is at the age of 24 for prospects. Not matter how sure they may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He wasn't shutdown. Amani Toomer and Anthony Gonzalez come to mind from last year. He played well for the most part, and rebounded from being very average in '06, but teams still threw at him.

Those are more less blemishes, IMO. Toomer's TD was on D'Mo. Hall had a pick, and 4 passes defended that game. Not to mention 11 tackles with a solid amount coming on Jacobs.

And I do remember Gonzalez having a few catches, but I also remember distinctly Peyton Manning ignoring DeAngleo's side of the field for a while as well.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah. Thats the kind of trade I was thinking about. 2 firsts. 1 first plus proven player. 1 first 1 second 1 third.

Pretty damn good **** I would say.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I would need a top -20 pick and a second round pick.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I think it would be stupid to trade Hall - if he's willing to stay. It's not going to be possible to get a better CB, and even if it were possible, we'd have to pay them as much as we're going to have to pay Hall - which will probably be in the region of 11 mill per year.

Incidentally, when Stacy Andrews is getting a $7.5 mill franchise tag, I don't feel quite so bad about giving Hall $11 mill / year.

If we're worried about salary cap, we'd be better off trading out of our top-5 pick, and accumulating picks that way rather than dumping (one of) our best player(s).
Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

So apparently Giants are willing to trade the 31st pick to the Falcons for Hall.

I will quit being a Falcons fan and become a fan of the Texans if that happens. I swear.