Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-22-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the team is going to trade Hall for a first round pick (+) and then go sign Asante Samuel. That would be a huge win-win.

Here is what I said on the other thread on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Hopefully this starts a bidding war, just like last year when Houston overpaid Atlanta for Schaub to one-up the Raiders. I doubt Atlanta would take just #31, so it is up to the Giants as to whether they would be willing to sweeten the deal.

It is very obvious that Atlanta is going to great lengths to eliminate the loud, opinionated segment of the Falcons' locker room. Last year DeAngelo Hall and Alge Crumpler made a lot of noise, and it looks like both are going to be gone. You cannot win with players like that; for example, just look at the Giants once they got rid of Tiki Barber and to some extent Jeremy Shockey.

I think this makes complete sense on the Falcons' part. DeAngelo Hall is a top-10 CB, but he wants a new contract and is obviously a head-case. If they do this deal, or some variant of it, then they would have four picks in the first forty-eight picks! If you want to rebuild that is exactly what you want.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would be brilliant if td pulls that off.

on the flip side, so much change for the franchise! as a falcons fan, i want to rebuild and win but it'll be pretty hard to watch vick, crumpler, AND hall all exit the organization in 2 seasons.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Losing 3 of our top5 franchise faces isnt amazing. Its tough, but it might be necessary.

Vick and Crumpler I can understand. Hall, not so much.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:45 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i agree.

i want hall on this team. cb is a position where you need to have that fire and swagger. sure champ bailey rarely loses his cool but i like hall and the way he frustrates his opponents.

and to those who argue the falcons need butts in the seats and that we should take ryan: losing crumpler in addition to hall will take more butts out than drafting ryan will put in.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:08 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
So apparently Giants are willing to trade the 31st pick to the Falcons for Hall.

I will quit being a Falcons fan and become a fan of the Texans if that happens. I swear.
I'd leave. The 31st pick is a terrible terrible deal.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd leave. The 31st pick is a terrible terrible deal.
Ditto. I would be somewhere, and might even be a Falcons fan. But I doubt I would watch.

I am tierd of losing. I mean really. It is unbelievable. It seems like we always 'settle' for something when we could get more.

I became a Falcons fan in 2005 playoffs (when I started watching football), but not a diehard fan until 2006. I know thats not long, but I have stuck with this team through all this sh*t, and defended them all the way. This move is not something I could defend. I freaking hate losing.

The thirtyfirst overall pick for a top five cornerback who is 24 years old. He, if draft eligible, would go top 10. The thirtyfirst overall pick will have cornerbacks like Rodgers-Cromartie and Aqib Talib. Are those good players? Yes. But not even on Halls level.

Seriously, right now I am so, so pissed off. FUCKCKUICFHFEHFHEW

THE 31ST PICK!

But reportedly the Skins are interested with pick 21. Still not good enough. Go 10 more spots up and maybe.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to ESPN First Take, there is a bidding war for Hall between the Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants. The Redskins have the 21st pick and they have shown to have an utter disregard for draft picks present and future. At the end of the day I imagine Atlanta will get a pretty good deal for DeAngelo Hall.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
According to ESPN First Take, there is a bidding war for Hall between the Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants. The Redskins have the 21st pick and they have shown to have an utter disregard for draft picks present and future. At the end of the day I imagine Atlanta will get a pretty good deal for DeAngelo Hall.
I think the Redskins will win that battle; Cowboys will try and hang tight with them but the Redskins will just bid too much for their liking. The Giants have their name in their but I don't think they'll be willing to give up the price that Washington or Dallas is.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think the Redskins will win that battle; Cowboys will try and hang tight with them but the Redskins will just bid too much for their liking. The Giants have their name in their but I don't think they'll be willing to give up the price that Washington or Dallas is.
But how will the redskins pay for it? I doubt that any of these teams get Hall, even if he is traded.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a gut feeling he will be traded.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I have a gut feeling he will be traded.
You know, I hope for all the Atlanta fans and the entire team that he doesn't get traded. I know he's a pain in the A$$ sometimes, but you drafted him high, and he's a great player, and regardless of what other people say, I think that he is worth a lot more than people are saying. Like a top 10 pick at least.

But if he came to the giants i have to say id love it.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I agree. Which is why I literally have a headache and figuratively feel like puking. I hate half the moves this team makes, but have stuck with them and defended them every chance I get. I could not defend this, and it would really hurt my passion for this team. Not because of trading Hall, but for so little. We need either a top 12 pick or a first and second round pick, or something with some young players.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree. Which is why I literally have a headache and figuratively feel like puking. I hate half the moves this team makes, but have stuck with them and defended them every chance I get. I could not defend this, and it would really hurt my passion for this team. Not because of trading Hall, but for so little. We need either a top 12 pick or a first and second round pick, or something with some young players.
If I were Atlanta I'd just trade down to the cowboys in the first and start rebuilding. Yea it sucks to see a guy you think is really good and really liked on your team go, but getting no compensation all but sours it even more. I don't understand why they would release Crumpler who basically supported that passing offense for the the past 3 or 4 years IMO.

If they trade Hall and get new value they get a chance to start off fresh, without any problems. After this year alot of young players i can see emerge as stars for that team.

I dont understand why Hall would say he would take a salary cut if he could play opposite Chris Houston, and when it happens, he totally disregards it and asks for big money and says he'll sit out if they dont give it to him.

Now I also realize that its not fun to play at a pro bowl caliber level and lose so much, but there are plenty of players who have had to deal with that for longer than him. Now that his team is doing badly and he is doing good still, he expects to be treated like the Asante Samuels, on some level he does, but when you lose games for your team and sulk and make problems you certaintly don't.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

It just makes me mad. I'm just frustrated.

To make it worse, two of my best friends teams have won the Superbowl in the past three years (Steelers and Giants).

Old 02-22-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I can't stand this ****.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ditto. I would be somewhere, and might even be a Falcons fan. But I doubt I would watch.

I am tierd of losing. I mean really. It is unbelievable. It seems like we always 'settle' for something when we could get more.

I became a Falcons fan in 2005 playoffs (when I started watching football), but not a diehard fan until 2006. I know thats not long, but I have stuck with this team through all this sh*t, and defended them all the way. This move is not something I could defend. I freaking hate losing.

The thirtyfirst overall pick for a top five cornerback who is 24 years old. He, if draft eligible, would go top 10. The thirtyfirst overall pick will have cornerbacks like Rodgers-Cromartie and Aqib Talib. Are those good players? Yes. But not even on Halls level.

Seriously, right now I am so, so pissed off. FUCKCKUICFHFEHFHEW

THE 31ST PICK!

But reportedly the Skins are interested with pick 21. Still not good enough. Go 10 more spots up and maybe.
How much do you think that your going to get for Hall? I agree that he is a top 5 corner in the NFL but no team is going to give up their franchise player for Hall. It's draft time and all your probably gonna get for him is draft picks and mabye one player. Lets face the facts the Falcons need a lot of help at a lot of diffrent spots. Plus if you don't trade Hall and you keep him for this season, he's not going to be back and he's gonna walk away and the Falcons will get nothing for him.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I would want a first and second round pick, or a top-10 pick.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Ultimately I think that Hall deserves a top 10 pick in compensation, but i think because of how this ended a first and a 2nd/3rd will seal the deal, BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just wanted to update you guys on D.Hall

Deangelo Hall who has a one year $4.2 Million left on his contract,wants out of Atlanta because he says the team is more interested in trading him than signing him long term extension. Atlanta hasnt found any trade partners willing to give what it wants However thangs could change once Asante Samuel terms get solidified.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie

FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i havent heard any juice on this lately
FizzyFalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they are making up? Iono?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People have thrown out something about one of Dallas picks and Anthony Henry, dont know how much truth it is to it, personally the redskins can win for all I care and we can draft DRC, I really like Henry and would hate to see him go anyway...but I agree in the fact that you may not get proper value, but why keep him one more year and let him walk for nothing and you still need a db..getting a pick in the 20's would be great and you could grab an impact player that will be with the team for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
03/03...The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly considering making a play for Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons...Hall has been linked to the Cowboys hated division rival the Giants in a possible trade between the two teams involving the Giants first round pick in the 2008 Draft, but the latest reports have the Giants backing away from any such trade...the Cowboys own two first round picks in the upcoming Draft and could trump the Giants offer of a first round pick in return for Hall, if the two got into a bidding war since either one of the Cowboys first round picks are slotted earlier than the Giants pick in the first round...one of the Cowboys biggest needs heading into the offseason was at the Cornerback position and that need became bigger on Sunday when the Texans signed CB Jacques Reeves in free agency...none of the cornerback prospects in the 2008 Draft can compare to Hall in ability and help the Cowboys right away from day one to represent the NFC in next year's Super Bowl...this situation bears watching over the next several weeks.
That is from the Dallas Cowboys team forum.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I just responded on that thread. Pretty interesting. I wouldnt mind a first round pick + Henry.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

man, I don't want to lose Deangelo, he's too friggin good. I don't care, hate all you want, he's elite.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote