Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
VPF
Rookie

VPF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

mike wahle a few years back for the packers.i really wish we hadn't cut him.
VPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rod Coleman?

I don't know, most players who leave Oakland do so because they really want to, so it's hard to say you'd like someone on the team who doesn't want to be.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D. Burgess i know the eagles would want him back. and T.O., Al Harris if they knew he would turn out like this.

Steelers usually do a good job of letting go of the right people.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

let's see...

Keenan McCardell- Cap casualty
Kevin Hardy- I'm on the fence with that one...

there really aren't a whole lot...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

The Chargers messed up releasing Rodney Harrison a few years ago. That decision has come back to bite us on a couple of occasions.

The most painful was letting Drew Brees leave because he is one of my favorite players and I really wanted to see him and LT win a superbowl together.

And I cannot forget that the worst decision made by management in a while was releasing Wes Welker. His first preseason he looked good as a returner and showed glimpses at WR. I remember a lot of Chargers fans being upset because he was a fan fav but nobody saw him becoming such a good player.

Last edited by defensiveback23 : 02-21-2008 at 02:54 AM.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With as bad as our line has been, John Tait, even if it was a few years ago.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Clark, he was one of the strongest points in or D
Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

Together, they brought almost 700 lbs. to the middle of our d-line. You would be crazy to try and run up the middle.
Now, you're crazy not to...

Others include Antoine Winfield, and Nate Clements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 02-21-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I can't really think of anyone, though I would think that if we had Adam Vinitiari in the Super Bowl, they might have gone for the FG instead of going for it on 4th and 13 in the second quarter.

That said, he probably would have missed it.

The only player I can ever remember leaving that I was pissed about was Ben Coates, but he didn't do a whole lot after leaving (partly because he became a second TE in Baltimore).
Old 02-21-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
You could say Plaxico, but he wasn't that player 3-4 years ago..
Well what does that say then. Your offense didn't allow him to utilize all his talents. With the way the offense is now, I bet you wish you had him.

As for the Giants. There isn't really anyone who I can honestly say I regret letting go. There are plenty of people I regret signing, but not letting go. I guess Cornelius Griffin would be the best choice.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well what does that say then. Your offense didn't allow him to utilize all his talents. With the way the offense is now, I bet you wish you had him.

As for the Giants. There isn't really anyone who I can honestly say I regret letting go. There are plenty of people I regret signing, but not letting go. I guess Cornelius Griffin would be the best choice.
Some will say Ryan Grant, but every RB we had ahead of him was better than him anyway.

What about Ron Stone? He was a PB caliber guard when we let him go.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Some will say Ryan Grant, but every RB we had ahead of him was better than him anyway.

What about Ron Stone? He was a PB caliber guard when we let him go.
I can't say Ryan Grant yet. He's good, but like you said, we have better. And I have to see him do it again anyway.

Ron Stone was good, but only played a handful of years after we let him walk. Few of which he played very well.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I can't say Ryan Grant yet. He's good, but like you said, we have better. And I have to see him do it again anyway.

Ron Stone was good, but only played a handful of years after we let him walk. Few of which he played very well.
Yeah, Im trying to think of other names, but Griffin and Stone are the only 2 that come to mind. We've done a pretty good job of letting guys go at the right time. If you want to go way back Tyrone Wheatly played pretty good after he left the Giants.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Only person for the Steelers is Mike Vrabel. Some may say Plax, but I'm not so sure.
Vrabel and Rod Woodson are the only two I can think of.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Ryan Clark, he was one of the strongest points in or D
I would add Antonio Pierce to this list.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly there aren't that many for the Eagles. That's probably because players that are brought into Philly are

1) Guys with "starting talent" that somehow only our front office can see when they're mediocre backups at best. For example:

Todd Pinkston
James Thrash
Freddie Mitchell
ND Kalu
Brandon Whiting
Corey Simon (to his credit, he was alright for a while)
Darwin Walker
Mark Simoneau
Nate Wayne
Matt McCoy

2) Vets who just hit a wall when they get here. For example:

Jevon Kearse
Darren Howard
Ian Scott
Montae Reagor
Dorsey Levens

Al Harris, Rod Hood and Derrick Burgess were all guys that got away, but Harris wasn't this good until recently and Burgess had a seemingly faulty first year with Oakland. Hood had a solid year starting in Arizona but (in my opinion, a lot of people like him) sucked here so I wasn't mad when we let him go. I'd take him back now though...

To the organization's credit, we're not too bad at letting guys walk when it's time for them to go. Duce Staley (ha Steelers), Bobby Taylor (ha Seahawks), Troy Vincent (ha Bills/Redskins), John Welbourne (ha Chiefs), Jermaine Mayberry (ha Saints), Hank Fraley (ha Browns), Jeremiah Trotter (ha Redskins/Tampa Bay) are all examples of this.

But the point of this long rambling post is, the Eagles haven't had enough talent recently for me even to "regret letting go". Aside from QB, RB, OT and CB, every position has been a revolving door or simply in a long, drawn-out, trial-and-error transition.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 02-21-2008 at 09:38 AM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the Steelers in recent years, I only regret losing Chris Hope. Randle El was my favourite player, but the Redskins waaaay overpaid for him, so losing him at that price was fine. Porter was also one of my favourites, but he would have commanded too much money, and Harrison outperformed him this past season anyways.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills fans of the world collectively state that the answer is undoubtedly:

PAT WILLIAMS
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steinbach.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Thank you very much for that one by the way.

Recently, off the top of my head;
Pete kendal - only because adrian clarke was the football equivelant of a turnstile
Don't insult turnstiles like that.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think that if the Colts knew Brandon Stokley would recover from his torn Achilles injury as he did with the Broncos last season, that they would have not cut him this time last year. Although they drafted Anthony Gonzalez, which is a win.

Also, if they had kept DeDe Dorsey on the roster through final cuts despite being dinged up, maybe Mr. Stone Hands (Kenton Keith) wouldn't get on the field.

Looking back further ... obviously, Mike Peterson and Marcus Washington were former Colts who signed big free agent contracts when their rookie deals ended. Would keeping them have changed the Colts' fortunes? I don't know if that can be said.

Honestly, I really wish the Colts could have kept Leslie Frazier on their coaching staff. He did a great job with the defensive backs.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Chmura
*Looks around, blushes, backs out slowly*

But really, no one that I can think of. I guess Mike Holmgren, but he isn't a player. Now it seems like we have finally found a coach to replace him.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kareem McKenzie.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenan f'ing McCardell.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamal Lewis, Casey Rabach, Adalius Thomas, and I regret us not being able to hang on to TO when we traded for him, but Ill always regret that.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote