Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think there are to many Dark Horses on the Bears.

Offense: Mark Bradley
-young player, who is good after the catch. Has been in the dog house though, but showed that he can do things with the ball before he got hurt.

Defense: Jamar Williams
-Probable replacement for Briggs, played well in the games that he started in this year. We seem to have a good scheme for LBs, and we drafted another undersized athletic one in Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the ravens...

offense- Demetrius Williams, WR- all the talent in the world, just needs his shot. He is playing slot for us now, but he and mark clayton are the future outside when mason calls it quits. Id also like us to take a run at bryant johnson, and that would make a nice little trio for our other darkhorse, Troy Smith :)

defence- Im gunna go with kelly gregg. I guess he isnt really a darkhorse to alot of real football fans, but i think he is far and away the most underrated player in the league. Definately not a household name, but he should be. This guy is a star, and everytime i watch a ravens game i come away impressed. He doesnt have the best measurables, isnt the biggest of the fastest, yet every sinhle play he is on the field he is a monster. Im glad we have him playing nose, it lets us use haloti in creative ways and maximize his talents. Other thoughts could be dawan landy or antwan barnes (who is gunna wreak alot of hell next year, count on it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear89 View Post
Off: IDK our players are either known/established or bad, and more often the latter. Best guess would prolly be Mark Bradley. He's gonna be more inclined to start if Berrian leaves and if he stays he'll prolly still be top 3 depending on FA/the development of Hester. Potential to be a good #2.

Def: Jamar Williams! This is the reason most Bear fans hate seeing LB in the 1st 3 rounds. At this point LB should not be pick "b/c Briggs is gone and they'll need help outside." sure depth is nice, esp behind 54 but Jamar is ready to step in and be a NFL LB.
I'd definitely go for bradley as the offensive darkhorse.
As far as the defense goes, i still see briggs as a bear.

ergo.

I can't say Williams will be there to be a darkhorse.

So. I'll say Brandon McGowan. He looks strong, firebreathing SS.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

prally leigh bodden. he really is a top ten corner in the league when healthy but he doesnt get much pub.

also i dont think andre johnson would argue if i said brandon mcdonald
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
prally leigh bodden. he really is a top ten corner in the league when healthy but he doesnt get much pub.

also i dont think andre johnson would argue if i said brandon mcdonald
If we can get a pass rush...
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

For the Jets:

Offensive: Chansi Stuckey - Decent size 5'11 200 lbs with good enough speed 4.49 40 (with a foot injury), but what seperates him from the rest of the pack is his ability to get seperation due to his fantastic agility. He will be a great slot reciever or #3 reciever next year, he excells at catching in traffic and has fantastic hands. He developed a good raport with Clemens during preseason and had a knack for coming up big in those 4 games. If he can stay healthy I think he'll win be the starting #3 reciever and if coles leaves he has potential to be a decent #2.

Defense - Justin Miller - If he can come off his surgery 100% he could be a solid #2 CB, granted as a 2nd rounder he shouldn't be too much of darkhorse. He had a tendency to play out of control, but was making mental strides last offseason before getting hurt. He has excellent speed and will combine with Leon to have a very potent KR pair. He has the physical part down, but if he can stop trying to be such an opportunistic CB and play more within himself he can be our #2 CB, which we need.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense
Cullen Jenkins, DE. He was hurt a lot but looked dominant just a couple times. I think he takes major steps forward.

Runner ups: Justin Harrell, entered the season hurt and battled other injuries, should do better when he gets 100% and can just think about football.
Atari Bigby, UDFA SS who was basically a rookie steadily improved and was dominant in the playoffs.

Offense
James Jones, WR, will be a major threat as 3rd WR.

Junius Coston or Allen Barbe, OG, one of these guys is gonna step up and take starting job at guard, our starters are pretty average and both of these guys are beastly run blockers.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take your pick, Michael Bush or Michael Huff.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Colts offensively I would probably go with Anthony Gonzalez although hes really no secret since he was a 1st round pick. I just picked him because I feel he will have a big year and the Colts could possibly use him the way Wes Welker was used in NE.

Defensively, I will go with LB Clint Session.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
For Atlanta:

Offense

Quinn Ojinnaka

Defense

Daren Stone

Yes. Both have a chance of getting a lot of time next year.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Laurent Robinson

Defense: Jamaal Anderson

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Cotchery - The guy got nearly 40% of his yards after the catch. One of the better, tougher young WRs in the game, but I guess that position is getting more and more loaded with some of the freaks coming into the league.

Defense: Harris - No one seems to pay attention to how great of a season this guy had last year. He had one of the best rookie seasons in franchise history, and he only started 9 games.

If you want real sleepers...

I like Stuckey as a slot WR as Broadwayjoe already mentioned. Washington's another choice, but alot of people already know his value.

On D, I think Bryan Thomas could be a pretty good 3-4 OLB with better talent around him. He's not a Ware/Merriman, but he had a much better season playing ROLB in '06.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yup. If Stroud comes back, our DT depth will have gone from terrible last season to great this season. Henderson, Stroud, Rob Meier (probably the best backup DT in the league), 6'7 300 lb Tony McDaniel, and Derek Landri sets up a very formidable rotation. Add in a couple of new faces at DE, and the defensive line and pass rush suddenly becomes a strength again.

Now, if you guys could just let Gibril Wilson test the FA market so we can sign him to team up with Reggie Nelson and that'd be great ;)
im starting to get worried that we won't be able to resign him. not tagging him was a big mistake...unless Reese pulls off some magic.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense - RB Kevin Faulk (The guy does just about everything possible for a running back)

Defense - CB Randall *** (Allowed only 5.8 YPA and was excellent vs. deep balls)
Old 02-22-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Offense- Reggie Williams (had a break up season as far as TD's go...I expect close to 1000 yards this season)

Defense- Daryl Smith (the guy is one the best MLB's in the league but nobody knows about him)
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Demetrius Williams

His healthy and triumphant return will be excellent. Expect to hear alot about how Troy Smith and Demetrius Williams connect for a TD next year!

Defense: Haloti Ngata

He will be a Pro Bowler next year and he will continue to take up and break through blocker after blocker on every snap next year!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Titans

Offense: RB Chris Henry, WR Chris Davis -
both looked very green this year, but showed flashes of serious ability.....I expect they'll be very solid with a year under their belts.

Defense: S Michael Griffin isn't exactly a dark horse, but he's everything you could ask for in a DB....runs like a corner, hits like a safety, and is a playmaker. Kid's gonna be special.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brandon McDonald for Cleveland. Whether he's our starting RCB or our NB I think he's gonna turn heads this year. Offensively probably Lawrence Vickers. Look for Vickers to get his first pro bowl next year after he was snubbed this past year. Fullbacks are always underrated, he should emerge as a guy people know.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Redskins

Offense - Jason Campbell
Defense - Carlos Rogers

Time for our two 2005 first round draft picks to have breakout years.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jags -

Offense: Mike Walker. You haven't heard of him... but you will.

Defense: Gerald Sensabaugh. Good, young player who had bad luck with injuries last year
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive got 2 for the bears i think

ill go devin hester as a WR on offense. everyone ought to know him from his return work, but recent comments from the coaching staff are hinting that he's going to be getting a good deal more work at WR and has the potential to even be a #1 WR in this league

on defense, ill go with jamar williams. hes a linebacker who will likely be elevated to starter if/when briggs bolts as a FA. the coaching staff is really high on him and, not to say briggs wasnt great, but williams will get to play next to urlacher and get a little boost that comes with that
Old 02-22-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
Redskins

Offense - Jason Campbell
Defense - Carlos Rogers

Time for our two 2005 first round draft picks to have breakout years.
Campbell isn't relaly the most 'darkhorse' type player. He is already pretty known. And Carlos is coming off of a major injury and could miss up to half of the season.

For the Redskins I'd say:

Offense: Anthony Mix WR
Big target. He played with Jason at Auburn all four years. We picked him off the Giants' practice squad last year. Last year he was a special teams stud, but I think with a full off season he could develop well.

Defense: HB Blades LB
Blades comes from a good football family. He has had a year to learn under London Fletcher, who has the exact same body type/ playing style as him. With Rocky McIntosh out for some of this year, there's a good chance he could hop in at OLB and get a few reps. Last year as a 5th round pick, he led the preseason in tackles.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avant and Bradley are primed for big years and hopefully, big careers in Philly. Moreso for Bradley. I think Bradley might put Gocong back at the WILL for the Eagles. I like what Gocong has done in his first year as a starter, he held his own and had a few games where he really impressed me. I don't want to move Gocong back to DE, becuase though he wouldn't be too small physically, he plays small. He really relied on his speed in college, once he was brought inside the tackles, he was unable to do be productive. He was best at running around slower OTs I like him right where he is at SAM. Bradley could conceivably play any LB position, but is best suited for MIKE or SAM, with MIKE being the best. Avant had a great building block season this year and hopefully that will result in a solid season next year. I'm not expecting 1,000 yds or 10+ TDs, but like was said before, 450-600 yds and 4-6 TDs is not out of the question.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Take your pick, Michael Bush or Michael Huff.
I really thought last year was Michael Huff's year. Hopefully this year is going to be it.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
407Niner
Rookie

407Niner hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

49ers
OFF: Delanie Walker
DEF: Ray McDonald