Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hall to the Gmen?

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008..._deangelo.html

Quote:
According to two people with knowledge of discussions between the teams, the Giants are willing to give Atlanta their first-round pick (31st overall) in April's draft in exchange for Hall. The people requested anonymity because of the private nature of the trade talks.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Willing to give their first round pick you say for Hall?

I'm sure a lot of teams would.....
Old 02-22-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fits the system, would be a good addition, he's better then any corner in the draft IMO

Might clash a lil with TC though
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course they would. The question is if the Falcons would be willing to trade him for that pick. I say no, but who knows.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

At least people will now realize that DB is a much bigger need for the team than LB.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Some Falcons fans think Hall is somehow worth a top 10 pick. He's not.

He wants out of Atlanta and is one year away from a HUGE contract. You can't ask a team to give up a premium selection, then have to pay him close to $7-8 million per season.

I would personally trade #31 for him right now, pending an extension. Meaning unless Hall and the Giants agree to terms, no trade.

Reese likes using trades, I can see this happening. Sooner rather than later too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, with him, Ross, and Webster who did play better later in the season, that would be an impressive rotation of young CB's. So I'm hoping it won't happen.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Some Falcons fans think Hall is somehow worth a top 10 pick. He's not.

He wants out of Atlanta and is one year away from a HUGE contract. You can't ask a team to give up a premium selection, then have to pay him close to $7-8 million per season.

I would personally trade #31 for him right now, pending an extension. Meaning unless Hall and the Giants agree to terms, no trade.

Reese likes using trades, I can see this happening. Sooner rather than later too.
Top 10? No.

Top 20? I think so.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Top 10? No.

Top 20? I think so.
That's the thing that MAY hold this off now that I think about it.

I wonder if they would want anyone on the Giants in addition to the pick. Nobody big...but maybe a Fred Robbins type player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... *sigh* Damnit. Just... damnit.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give a first and third for him, but the situation we have doesn't really allow it.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'd give a first and third for him, but the situation we have doesn't really allow it.
I'd easily give a first for him... the #10 pick, though? I don't know... I love Hall, but that's steep as hell.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if you give a high pick at least the money goes to a known quantity as opposed to a rookie who hasn't done anything

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahaha. Hahahahaha....Thats good.

Okay. I am done.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully this starts a bidding war, just like last year when Houston overpaid Atlanta for Schaub to one-up the Raiders. I doubt Atlanta would take just #31, so it is up to the Giants as to whether they would be willing to sweeten the deal.

It is very obvious that Atlanta is going to great lengths to eliminate the loud, opinionated segment of the Falcons' locker room. Last year DeAngelo Hall and Alge Crumpler made a lot of noise, and it looks like both are going to be gone. You cannot win with players like that; for example, just look at the Giants once they got rid of Tiki Barber and to some extent Jeremy Shockey.

I think this makes complete sense on the Falcons' part. DeAngelo Hall is a top-10 CB, but he wants a new contract and is obviously a head-case. If they do this deal, or some variant of it, then they would have four picks in the first forty-eight picks! If you want to rebuild that is exactly what you want.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm just curious, but why is Hall a "head-case"? You hear this a lot and I've never quite understood why. Petrino seemed like a complete asshole, and the Falcons organization itself seems to be run by people that have no idea what they are doing, so I don't have a problem with him questioning either, and probably wouldn't if I was a Falcons fan. Is he really that out of line for questioning how things are being done? Maybe I've missed a few things, but I don't think that what he has done is anything wore than, say, Deion Sanders did in the past.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would look good in a Saints uni, but seeing him leave the division ain't bad either.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want examples:

The incident against the Panthers is example no. 1 because not only did he lose his cool, rack up petty personal fouls, and go on a tirade on the sideline, he lost the game for the Falcons. He got "offended" when he was fined and partially suspended for it. That wasn't the only situation where he has lost his cool in game and has played dirty, a play against Detroit back in '05 comes to mind as well. He even got into fistfights with his own teammates at training camp. Evidently he was beaten up after the Carolina meltdown. Most of the time I would dismiss talk, but when there is constantly smoke then I would bet there is fire.

He is concerned with himself, his contract, and his own edification. If things go bad he will start the blame game. Sure a lot of people disliked Petrino, but did anyone here classy players like Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, Keith Brooking moan about it during the season? No, you didn't. The only players who voiced their complaints happen to be the two veterans that are on the way out.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Want examples:

The incident against the Panthers is example no. 1 because not only did he lose his cool, rack up petty personal fouls, and go on a tirade on the sideline, he lost the game for the Falcons. He got "offended" when he was fined and partially suspended for it. That wasn't the only situation where he has lost his cool in game and has played dirty, a play against Detroit back in '05 comes to mind as well. He even got into fistfights with his own teammates at training camp. Evidently he was beaten up after the Carolina meltdown. Most of the time I would dismiss talk, but when there is constantly smoke then I would bet there is fire.

He is concerned with himself, his contract, and his own edification. If things go bad he will start the blame game. Sure a lot of people disliked Petrino, but did anyone here classy players like Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, Keith Brooking moan about it during the season? No, you didn't. The only players who voiced their complaints happen to be the two veterans that are on the way out.
Yeah I forgot about the Panthers game.

In response to everything else I would say, so what? Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, and Keith Brooking should all just be happy to be getting paychecks (and the first two probably won't anymore). It's not as if they have a lot of credit to spend. Hall can speak publicly whereas most other players cannot. I would personally want people on my team that are willing to point out when the people in charge don't know what they are doing. You could say that isn't his role as a player, but doesn't someone have to say SOMETHING? Arthur Blank appears to be the new Dan Snyder.

And I want players to get in fights. Olin Kruetz cracked Fred Miller in the skull with a freeweight, I never wanted him on my team more.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm just curious, but why is Hall a "head-case"? You hear this a lot and I've never quite understood why. Petrino seemed like a complete asshole, and the Falcons organization itself seems to be run by people that have no idea what they are doing, so I don't have a problem with him questioning either, and probably wouldn't if I was a Falcons fan. Is he really that out of line for questioning how things are being done? Maybe I've missed a few things, but I don't think that what he has done is anything wore than, say, Deion Sanders did in the past.
Deion Sanders never shaved "I own #80" and then get burnt by Jerry Rice. He did defend Michael Vick as did DeAngelo Hall, although how well that reflects on both of them, you decide. Deion Sanders never did did anything like the aforementioned Panthers incident. At least so far as I know. Now, I'm not going to sit here and defend Bobby Petrino. He's a quitter and I doubt he'll ever get another job in the NFL that doesn't involve a job description of fetching water. But the people running the Falcons organization don't seem to the be only ones there who have no idea what they're doing.

Last edited by Crickett : 02-22-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To Shiver:

Are you serious? And the fact that he shut down Steve Smith for the rest of the 55 minutes has no affect on the game? It was the only reason we were IN the game to begin with. Can you imagine what kind of job Houston or Sanders would have done on Smith? Exactly. To say that Hall 'lost' us the game is just ridiculous. He actually shut down to the full extent of the phrase a top 5 WR. Yes he lost his temper, but that has always been his problem. He is immature and is 24 years old. Give him a break. He has always been an emotional player. He will realize as he gets older that it is no longer about just himself and that he needs to keep his emotions in check for the better of the team. Can you imagine DeAngelo Hall as a mature individual? Can you say top3 CB in the league? Maybe number 1? You want to trade away a guy who is a top young player at his position (which could be the 2nd hardest position in the NFL) because he was disgruntled against his ***** of a coach and because he is immature?

You think he is not going to get better? Become more mature?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 02-22-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Why should anyone assume that he will mature? Maybe this is just who he is. People don't always magically mature when they become 26, 27, etc., just look at Michael Vick for a prominent example.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Because that is usually what happens. Michael Vick is actually the exception.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you guys should really lay off Vick. i'm not trying to defend what he did or anything but it's not like he's getting out of jail 2morrow to go off and start up Bad Newz Kennelz again. Vick did 1 major idiotic thing that cost him prolly his career. and d34ng, the hall as a "mature individual being a top 3 Cb possibly #1", only if the real idoitic, immature, ubertalented CB Pacman Jones takes number 1 after he see the error of his ways too
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Dont compare Hall and Jones' off the field problems to each other. Hall is like a saint compared to Jones.

Hall and Jones have a very similar skill set though.