Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I really cannot believe how fickle you guys are.
Shiver, I think you'll be the only loyal Falcons fan left on the board by next week

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was sure this was just pure speculation, a la Lito Sheppard.

I really did think that Hall was turning a corner in his career with the Falcons and he really did want to stay in the city. After Petrino quit, Hall speaking up gave me a lot more respect for him. I rally don't like the Falcons organization throwing him under the bus like this. I understand that they want to rebuild, but how can you plan on rebuilding without your 24-year-old pro bowler???

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The cuts didn't bother me at all. I understand those guys are passed their prime, and we need extra cash. Trading your face of the franchise after losing your other one? That's just stupid. There's no excuse for it. Call me a bandwagoner or whatever, but I cannot support a team that isn't making a dedication to winning.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Shiver, I think you'll be the only loyal Falcons fan left on the board by next week

Probably...

I said earlier this off-season that there were only two Falcons' players that I had any kind of emotional attachment to: Roddy White and Michael Boley.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
The Cowboys already have two dominant corners and wouldn't give up such a high pick and all the money he wants. The Redskins would give up a high pick, but can't compensate what money he wants.

The only team listed with interest that can make this deal is the giants.

You lose all credibility with this post, the 2 teams in the NFL known for spending money are the redskins and cowboys. Its not about how much money the team has, its about how much they are willing to give up. I think we both know the Redskins and the Cowboys could get him the money he wants.

Last edited by 21ST : 02-22-2008 at 02:56 PM.
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
When did they start contract negotiations with Chad Johnson?

Well for one you will still have another first round pick probably so you have to pay them way too much as well. Hall is definately not coming cheap, and if you get him before the draft (which is when it will happen), he's going to milk the money out of your hands, and then you will have to try to sign your draft picks, and probably have to cut more players under contract.

Well have fun fitting the cap room around all your good players, and in doing so you will destroy yourself.

Seriously the redskins still need to sign 10 more players and look at that link to see how much they are under the cap. They really won't be able to afford signing Hall, and i really don't care what you say.
If we get Hall, that pretty much means that we won't have to pay Springs. And we're pretty much not resigning any of our free agents.

Mark Brunell - bye
Rock Cartright - asking too much
Ryan Boschetti - bye
Reche Caldwell - pretty good chance we keep him
Todd Collins - could stay, but for a very low contract
Jason Fabini - keep, decent depth
Derrick Frost - meh, keep him I guess
Randall Godfrey - Gregg's guy, bye
David Macklin - didn't do squat
Keenan McCardell - retire or gone
Pierson Prioleau - can't cover at all, supposedly going to Jax with Gregg
Mike Pucillo - bye
Omar Stoutmire - bye
Shaun Suisham - definitely resign

We can more than afford Hall. Besides, Snyder and Jerry can do whatever the heck they want, and get under the cap.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fickle?

-We go 8-8 and 7-9 in years when we start 6-2 and 5-2.
-We have our head coach leave after saying he would rather coach at Washington University.
-Patrick Kerney leaves and has a probowl year, finishing second in sacks. This move I supported.
-Michael Vick gos to jail after a long, drawn out process.
-PETA and the media are on our asses. It's almost emberrassing, considering Vick was our main guy.
-Jonathan Babineaux kills a dog.
-Jamaal Anderson gos without a sack his rookie year.
-Bobby Petrino leaves to coach Arkansas with three games remaining in the season, the night after Blank defends him.
-We bring in our fourth option at head coach.
-Bad coordinators.
-Cut some faces of the franchise- Coleman, Crumpler
-Trading our far and away best player- DeAngelo Hall
-Go 4-12

All of that is off the top of my head.

We might be something, but fickle isn't the word. I agreed with some of these moves (Kerney, the cuts), but for the most part I hated them.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 02-22-2008 at 03:00 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
If we get Hall, that pretty much means that we won't have to pay Springs. And we're pretty much not resigning any of our free agents.

Mark Brunell - bye
Rock Cartright - asking too much
Ryan Boschetti - bye
Reche Caldwell - pretty good chance we keep him
Todd Collins - could stay, but for a very low contract
Jason Fabini - keep, decent depth
Derrick Frost - meh, keep him I guess
Randall Godfrey - Gregg's guy, bye
David Macklin - didn't do squat
Keenan McCardell - retire or gone
Pierson Prioleau - can't cover at all, supposedly going to Jax with Gregg
Mike Pucillo - bye
Omar Stoutmire - bye
Shaun Suisham - definitely resign

We can more than afford Hall. Besides, Snyder and Jerry can do whatever the heck they want, and get under the cap.
Kindof hard to believe that you can make it back to cap having to sign 10 players and especially if you sign DeAngelo.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean serioulsy, how many times do we have to say it.
Yea because you guys know the cap situation of the skins and cowboys better then the team themselves

When he doesnt go to the Giants be sure to tell me what happened, since its obvious its his first and best choice, and no one else makes as much sense as the Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
You lose all credibility with this post, the 2 teams in the NFL known for spending money are the redskins and cowboys. Its not about how much money the team has, its about how much they are willing to give up. I think we both know the Redskins and the Cowboys could get him the money he wants.
Yea and probably kill themselves in the process

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably...

I said earlier this off-season that there were only two Falcons' players that I had any kind of emotional attachment to: Roddy White and Michael Boley.

Michael Boley's adue for a contract. He's also young and really good. I'd look for him to be shipped off.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea because you guys know the cap situation of the skins and cowboys better then the team themselves

When he doesnt go to the Giants be sure to tell me what happened, since its obvious its his first and best choice, and no one else makes as much sense as the Giants.
Seriously all i said that he would choose the giants over the cowboys, I never said that the giants were his first target, there are alot of other teams in the league that I know he would probably go to first.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but they do it every year.....
Old 02-22-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea because the Cowboys kill them selves in the process every time they sign a free agent...come on man, its ok to be excited and want him to your team, its not ok to act like no one else has a chance to get him but your team, thats blatant homerism, you think the Giants are the only team who wants him? Alot of teams are going to come calling, contrary to your homerism beliefs there are alot of good fits and alot of teams who can sign him, you dont even have any clue of how much room teams have because free agency hasnt started yet.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
And the same thing has happened every year.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Fickle?

-We go 8-8 and 7-9 in years when we start 6-2 and 5-2.
That is the fault of the "faces of the franchise" that this current regime is eliminating: players like DeAngelo Hall, Alge Crumpler, Michael Vick, etc. did not get the job done in those seasons.

Quote:
-Patrick Kerney leaves and has a probowl year, finishing second in sacks. This move I supported.
As did I. He had a nasty injury and wanted top dollar.

Quote:
-Cut some faces of the franchise- Coleman, Crumpler
Good riddance I say.

Quote:
-Trading our far and away best player- DeAngelo Hall
DeAngelo Hall, if he gets his big contract, could become a locker room cancer. I would rather get a 1st round pick and more than risk him becoming a destructive force, or walking away for nothing next year.

Quote:
-Go 4-12
Everyone knew the team would stink last year and would stink this year. Might as well weed out the loud mouthed (overpaid) veterans, load up on draft picks, and start fresh.

Last edited by Shiver : 02-22-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea because the Cowboys kill them selves in the process every time they sign a free agent...come on man, its ok to be excited and want him to your team, its not ok to act like no one else has a chance to get him but your team, thats blatant homerism, you think the Giants are the only team who wants him? Alot of teams are going to come calling, contrary to your homerism beliefs there are alot of good fits and alot of teams who can sign him, you dont even have any clue of how much room teams have because free agency hasnt started yet.
Seriously i never said they didnt have a chance, i just voiced my opinion that the redskins dont have enough money and therefore should not trade, the cowboys have a much better chance, but i think that Hall would like to come to new york over those two because he can start very very easily, and he can get the money he wants (and you can't say that a player doesn't want to be on a superbowl team either, because thats ignorant)

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

for the last time, it's not the cap situation. it's the year length and Hall's willingness to sign a long term deal. But hey, if you or Washington wanna trade for a guy who may not sign long term and give up your 1st rounder, be my guest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If a top-10 (I can name quite a few that are better) corner is your "far and away" best player you need to reload.
But the Falcons aren't reloading. They're unloading.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
But the Falcons aren't reloading. They're unloading.
Yeah, but they will have at least four picks in the top-48 picks this year, and will have cap space to pursue a few big free agents.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
The past few years they have done it....and 2008-2009-2010 was when the sensible football fan told everyone to watch out for. They can't do this every year and remain competitive unless they're cool with a bunch of backups, that will be needed, that make the veteran and rookie minimums.

I'm telling you, the trade of Champ Bailey was the beginning of this franchise's doom. They aren't going anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
for the last time, it's not the cap situation. it's the year length and Hall's willingness to sign a long term deal. But hey, if you or Washington wanna trade for a guy who may not sign long term and give up your 1st rounder, be my guest.

If you really choose to believe that either the Redskins or Cowboys would trade a 1st for Hall, and not lock him up long term then by all means go ahead...Im not sure how you could assume that this early, which makes no sense at all...Dallas is going to let Flozell go, Hamlin may go next year, and you havent even seen how they are going to approach this years free agency.

Id love for you to tell me how Dallas is not able to sign him longterm, without seeing how they address free agency this year or next, how are you able to come to that decision now that the Giants could lock him up long term, but no one else can? Do you know how crazy it is to even say that before the draft or free agency?

Aside from that, your not even taking into consideration players being cut/released in the next year or two for both teams because you dont know who thats goingn to be at this point in time, I guess your trying to squeeze a Deangelo Hall contract into Dallas cap number right now which isnt the case at all.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 02-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was the last time the Redskins had to cut an important player to get under the cap? I honestly can't remember.

This is just a bunch of Giants fans taking pot-shots at the Redskins for no apparent reason.

And for the record, the Colts have had the highest payroll the last few years, they just draw less buzz because they do it primarily by signing their own players. If they can keep Manning, Freeney, Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Sanders, etc., all under contract I'm pretty sure the Skins could work out a deal for Hall.

And the whole notion for playing for a Superbowl team is ridiculous. There are maybe 5-6 teams that you can safely won't compete for a Superbowl in the next 3-4 years. The Falcons are one. The Redskins are not. The whole one extra game they won in the regular season last year is really going to drastically shape people's minds. They played very well in the playoffs last year, but the Giants are far from the favorites to win in next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
The past few years they have done it....and 2008-2009-2010 was when the sensible football fan told everyone to watch out for. They can't do this every year and remain competitive unless they're cool with a bunch of backups, that will be needed, that make the veteran and rookie minimums.

I'm telling you, the trade of Champ Bailey was the beginning of this franchise's doom. They aren't going anywhere.
If we didn't trade Champ, we would of had to release him. He wanted out of DC regardless. Besides, Portis is the main reason we made the playoffs in 05, and was a major factor in our resurgence last year.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post

If they even have a cap after this year then im pretty sure the cap still wouldnt be a problem just because it will keep going up.

Also, how is trading a player that doesn't want to play for your team a bad thing?