Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

I could see my Chiefs making a run at him if he was cut. We need a starter opposite of Dwayne Bowe and I think we have too many needs to draft a wide receiver too high in the draft. D.J. Hackett would be a good pickup as well.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

If he does go to the Bucs that might up the chances of the Titans being able to draft Malcolm Kelly.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we release this guy.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YAY no more whiney Javon. He was decent and not bad to have around when he was doing good and not injured. But the honeymoon is over now.

Glad we are getting rid of him. Marshall is awesome, but maybe now the Broncos will pick up a good reciever to compliment him. If a lot of good guys are gone by pick 12, I wouldnt mind Malcom Kelly (or whoever turns out to be the best reciever after combine/pro days)
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It will be interesting to see how he responds to getting released. Might make him realize he ain't all that he thinks he is or he might say FU to the Broncos and their idiots.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
YAY no more whiney Javon. He was decent and not bad to have around when he was doing good and not injured. But the honeymoon is over now.

Glad we are getting rid of him. Marshall is awesome, but maybe now the Broncos will pick up a good reciever to compliment him. If a lot of good guys are gone by pick 12, I wouldnt mind Malcom Kelly (or whoever turns out to be the best reciever after combine/pro days)
Usually I'm pretty open minded when it comes to the draft, but the Broncos have way too many needs to draft a receiver in the 1st round.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
It will be interesting to see how he responds to getting released. Might make him realize he ain't all that he thinks he is or he might say FU to the Broncos and their idiots.
He's the one that wanted to be released.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would have traded for him to be honest. id give a 5th or a future 4th or something even. i would not be surprised if he was at the top of the Redskins wish list if he became a FA.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
That has to be one of the saddest things ive seen, i almost feel bad for the guy.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
That has to be one of the saddest things ive seen, i almost feel bad for the guy.
I remember that well...I felt terrible for him...but, serves him right for skipping out on the Gamecocks. ha. jk but, he def, should have stayed in school. He got paid but, I never thought he was ready.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if they cut him the redskins need to take a close look at him
Old 02-25-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised more teams aren't willing to trade for Javon, but given his attitude concerns and his injuries the last few years, it's not shocking. It is possible that team are willing to give a contract as a FA, but they'd rather keep their draft picks.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Usually I'm pretty open minded when it comes to the draft, but the Broncos have way too many needs to draft a receiver in the 1st round.
I'm with you there, I'm just sayin we dont know how the draft is gonna go. If there is a rush on players the broncos need before we pick, I could see a wide reciever as a good pick. I'd rather have someone like Dan Conner though.

Also, there is decent depth at WR and OT, so I could see it going either way in first/second.

But judging by recent drafts, I'm expecting some defensive end (most likely Merling or Harvey) that I dont really think we need. I say Oline or LB are most pressing, followed by WR and saftey.

anyways I went on for too long here...
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At least get a 6th rounder for him...don't cut him outright.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the entire league knows you want to get rid of a guy, they're probably not going to offer anything. If the Broncos cut him, he's free and clear. The only way a team will pay for him is if they think they can't outbid another team for his services.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

I'd rather pay him the bonus money he is due and make him play than to just cut him for nothing.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
lol please, please, take Williamson. I beg of you!
What happened with Troy? I remember when he came out, and remember watching highlights and film from him. Did he get hurt or just wasn't as good as hyped up to be?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

apparently cowboys are interested.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
What happened with Troy? I remember when he came out, and remember watching highlights and film from him. Did he get hurt or just wasn't as good as hyped up to be?
A bit of both with him. Raiders deal with the Vikes wasnt so bad after all even after the whole Moss debacle.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
apparently cowboys are interested.
I could see that, but Walker/TO aren't gonna mix well.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Basically, he is weak and can't get off of the jam, is a terrible route runner, cannot adjust to the ball in the air, and has terrible hands/focus aka he can't catch a cold. Overall he was just a bust. He's supposedly worked on his hands/focus multiple times at the Nike vision institute, but as the season wears on, the same problems always reveal themselves again.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor: Javon Walker could be going to the Cowboys for a 5th. The trade is contingent on him passing a physical.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Rumor: Javon Walker could be going to the Cowboys for a 5th. The trade is contingent on him passing a physical.
Perfect. Put a whiney Javon and whiney TO on the same team. The only thing that would make that situation a larger powder keg would be if they decided to trade up and pick McFadden and do nothing but feed Mcfadden and Barber all game. Oh I guess that and losing.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Dallas radio rumor that he is being trade to Dallas for a fifth.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That would be a great move for Dallas. Even with his injury issues, Walker is still an explosive playmaker. He might not be an elite guy anymore (or was overrated to begin with), but I think he could be a great #2. Low risk, high reward.