Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Zach Thomas signs with Dallas

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=357494

Zach Thomas and the Cowboys have agreed to terms on a multi-year deal, a source close to the situation tells Sporting News' Mike Florio.

Thomas would reportedly receive a $1 million signing bonus, plus a $1 million base salary in 2008 and up to $1 million in incentives.

Thomas, a 12-year veteran and seven-time Pro Bowl selection, was released by the Dolphins last week. He missed much of the 2007 season after suffering a concussion in September. The free-agent linebacker also visited the Patriots and Saints.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Carpenter needs to go to Atlanta if we trade DeAngelo Hall there.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Wow did not see that coming...

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've already got a Zach Thomas thread, but whatevs.

I think it's a pretty decent signing if he can come back from his concussions.

I'm assuming this means Akin Ayodele is demoted/cut?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither did I...Bobby is all but, done w/ us, imo. There is still no guarantee that Zach will even start here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-23-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Free Agency hadn't started yet?

Or can Thomas sign now since he was cut?

Pardon my ignorance.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
We've already got a Zach Thomas thread, but whatevs.

I think it's a pretty decent signing if he can come back from his concussions.

I'm assuming this means Akin Ayodele is demoted/cut?
My bad.

I'm not so sure of that, when it comes to Akin. He hasnt really been that bad...he hasnt been great by any means but, not bad enough to justify a cut. Maybe BP is interested in trading for Ayodele or Burnett.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Since he was cut he can sign whenever..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-23-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since he was cut he did not have to wait until FA....Mike Wahle did the same thing when he went to Seattle

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints should trade for Vilma. I don't know what they are waiting for unless he won't be healthy next year.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

I agree we should get Vilma. A 3rd is a good price. Worth the chance IMO.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Saints should trade for Vilma. I don't know what they are waiting for unless he won't be healthy next year.
No, the Lions should trade for Vilma. I don't know what we're waiting for.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I thought Free Agency hadn't started yet?

Or can Thomas sign now since he was cut?

Pardon my ignorance.
He can sign now because he was cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

************. I wanted the Saints to sign him. Maybe the Saints can trade for either Bobby Carpenter or Jonathan Vilma.

Whose place is Thomas going to take over for on the Dallas D?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 02-23-2008 at 11:54 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If Bobby gets traded to a 4-3 team, he'll most likely be playing outside, not inside.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. As BBD said, he brings leadership to the table. I like our defense with Thomas and Hamlin as our leaders.
Now I hope we won't trade Burnett, but honestly I don't think Wade would trade him. I think we will cut/trade Ayodele.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If Bobby gets traded to a 4-3 team, he'll most likely be playing outside, not inside.
Fine by me. He can take over for Shanle.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Fine by me. He can take over for Shanle.
Somebody need to take over for Shanle..I cant stand him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

We offered Thomas a multi year deal with more money and a starting role but he wanted to play in his hometown.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Thats to bad I did really want him on the Saints...O well we need to move on Vilma.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-23-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
************. I wanted the Saints to sign him. Maybe the Saints can trade for either Bobby Carpenter or Jonathan Vilma.

Whose place is Thomas going to take over for on the Dallas D?
I had to spell that out to figure which curse word was that long.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Cowboys just upgraded their SS fiasco....or is Thomas playing LB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Cowboys just upgraded their SS fiasco....or is Thomas playing LB?
I dont think there is anyway Thomas could play SS....You were jokeing right?

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

No way in hell could Thomas play SS. He'll be playing ILB...potentially starting beside, Bradie James but, nothing is guaranteed. This signing just cut our cap room down to 5-6 million w/ Canty, Barber, Adams, and two 1st rounders to sign. umm yeah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodbye Akin, THANK GOD!!! time for rejoice, he needs to be cut anyway...Now Kevin Burnett instantly will get more playing time in the base formation wth Zach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote