Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 02-23-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default rex signs 1 year deal

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?STORY_ID=4400

so....now what?

how early do we go QB in the draft now? does griese stay on as a backup?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think that we nab a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. I dont like that the team is giving him yet another chance to prove himself, I just hope that the camp competition is a fair one now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
NEtimehester

Id rather see a drafted QB in camp then Griese. Although there might be a chance that we keep 4 QBs.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I still think that we nab a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. I dont like that the team is giving him yet another chance to prove himself, I just hope that the camp competition is a fair one now
i think first is now completely eliminated personally. unless we trade down or trade back late for someone like flacco, which i would advice against unless we really fill our other needs via FA

and i too would like to see a rookie rather than griese if for nothing else than cost. grossman would back up orton initallly (or visa versa though i hope not) while the rookie can learn for a year. but i wouldnt want to touch a rookie before the 3rd round unless we really fill some needs through fA like i said
Old 02-25-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th round.

I think it's gonna be in the 4th we take a qb.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
4th round.

I think it's gonna be in the 4th we take a qb.
hmm...id be alright with that

im trying to think of some names. ainge, booty.....brennan

maybe we'll (I at least ) willsee us luck out and have woodson keep on sliding.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
hmm...id be alright with that

im trying to think of some names. ainge, booty.....brennan

maybe we'll (I at least ) willsee us luck out and have woodson keep on sliding.
I would be fine w/ Booty or Ainge, but right now I am liking Josh Johnson, and I think we should take a look at him if he is there in the 3rd round. I mean, if he is a decent to good Qb, he can also run the ball. I think that would be something Chicago needs, is another running threat, obviously not like Vick, but one that can outrun people if he needs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know squat about Josh Johnson he sounds good only saw a couple highlights. I always like Ainge though. He threw bad at the senior bowl but I hope it was just nerves or something. He has great footwork and a quick release, and strong enough arm and comes from a good program and also doesn't take sacks. I would like him in the mid rounds if he's there.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

as for johnson, i like hiim, but i think hes a west coast kind of qb only. he comes from a west coast offense in college (or one very similar i believe) and will probably go to one in the pros. my money would be on tampa in round 2. ive heard that gruden is real interested in him and he would be a good WC, long term project that a qb guru like gruden would just love to work on while he can sit and learn behind a capable vet like garcia.

i doubt wed get our hands on him without reaching...and i dont think wed do that anyway.

as for guys like ainge or booty, i wouldnt be picky after round 4. but at that point, they would likely have to beat out griese or end up on the practice squad....idk