Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Jimmy Johnson: I videotaped signals

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-is-overblown/

Quote:
Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league. And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league.
Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.
I am making a new thread so it is clear and not hidden in some threads that no one posts about. This is not a way of condoning the action, but pointing out that another Super Bowl winning coach did EXACTLY what Bill Belichick is getting destroyed for.

So... that implements the Chiefs, Cowboys and Dolphins to go along with the Patriots... I would love to hear some opinions on this.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-is-overblown/

I am making a new thread so it is clear and not hidden in some threads that no one posts about. This is not a way of condoning the action, but pointing out that another Super Bowl winning coach did EXACTLY what Bill Belichick is getting destroyed for.

So... that implements the Chiefs, Cowboys and Dolphins to go along with the Patriots... I would love to hear some opinions on this.
Do you mean incriminates?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Do you mean incriminates?
The three long islands are saying implements right now, I'll let you know what they say in the morning.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does it make it any more right? No...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Does it make it any more right? No...
Winner winner chicken dinner.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Seems pretty hypocritical to me to call the Patriots cheaters and question the validity of their Super Bowls and not do the same to the Cowboys. I'm not seeing any difference whatsoever in the two actions.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, so he's a cheater. This doesn't exempt Bellicheck... as stated before, it's still not right. 2 wrongs don't make a right
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cheaters get caught!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha...you got drunk off of three long islands? I think that should be the topic of this thread.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I'm not drunk but buzzed enough to make the mistake.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont care...ive never cared. every team does it. you dont make it in the pros without doing it. is it right? no, its not right. but every team cheats in one form or another...

for example, how do you account for FAs signing with new teams within mere hours of the start of FA each year? those few hours arent enough to plan out a contract....and if either the team or the player/agent talked with one another before hand, that would be cheating. but it happens, whoa boy!

point of the argument is, everyone cheats. deal with it. sure its not right, but its never going to completely go away.

if your not cheating, your not trying

enjoy it for what it is and stop being dicks. i get tired of hearing about all the cheating and whatnot.....the pats were just the only ones so far dumb enough to get caught
Old 02-23-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ok, so he's a cheater. This doesn't exempt Bellicheck... as stated before, it's still not right. 2 wrongs don't make a right
I'm not asking for anyone to exempt him, but this is proving my theory that if it happened with anyone else, no one would care. This interview is from SEPTEMBER. A man who won Super Bowls with the Dallas Cowboys admitted to doing the exact thing Bill Belichick did... and no one cares. No questions. Nothing.

It's laughable. If they did the same thing then they need to be treated the same. Either people start treating Jimmy Johnson and all of his teams that he "cheated" with the same way they treat Bill Belichick and the Patriots or vice versa. There is no room for anything in between.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i dont care...ive never cared. every team does it. you dont make it in the pros without doing it. is it right? no, its not right. but every team cheats in one form or another...

for example, how do you account for FAs signing with new teams within mere hours of the start of FA each year? those few hours arent enough to plan out a contract....and if either the team or the player/agent talked with one another before hand, that would be cheating. but it happens, whoa boy!

point of the argument is, everyone cheats. deal with it. sure its not right, but its never going to completely go away.

if your not cheating, your not trying

enjoy it for what it is and stop being dicks. i get tired of hearing about all the cheating and whatnot.....the pats were just the only ones so far dumb enough to get caught
BINGO. Nailed it.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
BINGO. Nailed it.
I'm over it. The Pats cheated for years and their dynasty is tarnished. Lets move on.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

So the Cowboys dynasty is tarnished too then, right?
Old 02-23-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the thing is billicheck did it after they told him not to do it, at least that what i got from that interview

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Hahaha... yeah... and? I can see where that logic makes total sense.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is all lies. The New England Patriots are the only team who has ever cheated in the history of the NFL.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
So the Cowboys dynasty is tarnished too then, right?
I'd say it would be, if half the team wasn't sitting up in a press booth giving commentary, but i get what you're saying. It's the price the pats pay for being a dynasty, the biggest will always fall the hardest.

I honestly could care less that they did it and they did some of it against my jets. The pats did it, other teams did it and i'll bet teams will still do it to some extent and if they are stupid enough to get caught then they deserve the punishment.

I'm tired of hearing about all this cheating garbage every day; if proof comes out that they 100% taped all these games and gained knowledge than fine, punish them, but until then i'd rather hear about the combine, free agency and the draft. The pats showed they had a great team this year and they also lost the superbowl, i guess i just don't really care what they might have done the better part of a decade ago. Bottom line is they were wrong and who ever cheated was wrong and who ever cheats will be wrong; atleast it sets a precedence for future violators and hopefully it allows the defense to have a player with an earpiece in their ear.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Starkar Mace

I don't think anyone said their dynasty is tarnished and their trophies should be taken away for what they were already punished for, that is, the so-called "Spygate I". But "Spygate I" is a non-issue now, is it not? The Patriots were punished for it, and everyone moved on.

Most people seem more concerned with the allegations of the Patriots videotaping the Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI, aka "Spygate II". That is why people feel their dynasty is tarnished. There is no evidence (yet?), but "Spygate I" has eliminated the benefit of the doubt in most people's minds regarding whether it is true or not. It may be unfair to the Patriots and their public image, but it is what it is.

I don't know if "Spygate I" and "Spygate II" are what people are calling them, but I believe I've seen it used before, and it seems handy for distinguishing between the two.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TAKE AWAY THEIR SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!!!aa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I'd say it would be, if half the team wasn't sitting up in a press booth giving commentary, but i get what you're saying. It's the price the pats pay for being a dynasty, the biggest will always fall the hardest.

I honestly could care less that they did it and they did some of it against my jets. The pats did it, other teams did it and i'll bet teams will still do it to some extent and if they are stupid enough to get caught then they deserve the punishment.

I'm tired of hearing about all this cheating garbage every day; if proof comes out that they 100% taped all these games and gained knowledge than fine, punish them, but until then i'd rather hear about the combine, free agency and the draft. The pats showed they had a great team this year and they also lost the superbowl, i guess i just don't really care what they might have done the better part of a decade ago. Bottom line is they were wrong and who ever cheated was wrong and who ever cheats will be wrong; atleast it sets a precedence for future violators and hopefully it allows the defense to have a player with an earpiece in their ear.
Finally something we agree on.

All I want is consistency. I've said all along that "everyone did it" and have rebuffed. Now I can't be. It's time people start letting go and moving on.

I have thought this was completely over-blown since day one, and it makes sense as to why: happened in New York, Boston/New York rivalry, Belichick makes just about every member of the medias job harder then it needs to be, etc. He is an easy target, and people were looking for reasons to hate the Patriots.

But really, this has been played out. The entire league thinks it's not that big of a deal and want to move on. Time for everyone else to do the same.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't people kinda moved on? Currently the only thread on the 1st page in this NFL forum relating to this topic is this one right here made by you, and another one your actively discussing in yourself *shrug*.

Last edited by OzTitan : 02-23-2008 at 09:46 PM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
This is all lies. The New England Patriots are the only team who has ever cheated in the history of the NFL.
the thread should have ended here.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay's acts of attempting to defend his team are only instigating everyone's negative feelings for the Pats due to the reader having to remember the whole Spygate scandal.

The difference between the Pats and the Cowboys is time. The Pats are now, and the 'Boys are the past. It may not be fair, but it's not like cheaters can ask for fairness or for non-hypocritical views. You got caught cheating, and you claim that people are being too harsh? Gimme a break...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote