Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
I agree that it would be stupid, but not surprising, it's a very "jet-like" thing to do, Vilma will go on to become a hall of fame LB after they trade him.
I like vilma as much as the next guy, but he's not a guaranteed hall of famer like some people make him out to be. He was a very good player on a not so good defense; he made a ton of tackles, but i never saw him constantly in the back field or hitting the back at the line of scrimmage. I don't like getting a third for him, but if we keep him and he struggles again he is just going to walk away in free agency. (We could get a high conpensatory pick, but those things aren't guaranteed)

I am wondering whether or not the lions are actually interested in vilma at all. Obviously he could flourish on their team, but all he said was he's a heck of a player. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. (I think the rumors of jacksonville make a bit more sense considering Donnie Henderson is there and vilma is from florida)

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
truth393
Rookie

truth393 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Lions are the current favorites to land Jonathan Vilma.

He would fit beautifully into their defense, who has desperately looking for a middle linebacker all decade. Any deal for Vilma will depend on a physical. He is coming off a serious knee surgery.
truth393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Vilma in Detroit, right now, taking physical:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...076/1049/rss14
Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Well, it looks like the lions are indeed quite interested in vilma. Per rotoworld he went into today for a physical and i would imagine if they like what they see a trade will be announced friday; i'm just wondering if it's going to involve rogers or just a straight draft pick.

"Jonathan Vilma is in Detroit Wednesday to take a physical.
Vilma, the No. 12 overall pick in 2004, is recovering from reconstructive knee surgery, which he underwent in November. He has experience in a Tampa 2 defense like Detroit's, having played for Herm Edwards 2004-2005. If he's cleared physically, a trade could be announced on Friday."

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 02-27-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope something gets done. Hopefully the Jets force the issue that Rogers would have to be included. I love Vilma as much as the next guy, but he clearly isn't right for the Jets. Since most assume he'll be terrific again in the 4-3, one would have to assume that the Jets would be saying the same thing to whomever is interested and using that as leverage to get more out of the deal.

Rogers and a 2nd for Vilma and Robertson would be pretty solid.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Vilma in Detroit, right now, taking physical:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...076/1049/rss14
hah, beat me to it.

I'm still wondering about the whole tampering type of thing. I know all teams talk prior to free agency and it is one of those things that the NFL just overlooks, but isn't going in for a physical pretty hard evidence that the teams are discussing player negotiations before free agency starts? and if so isn't that not allowed.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since he was given permission to see a trade from any team but the Patriots, I imagine that any team interested would be given permission to get a physical of him. That isn't quite hard evidence that they have a deal set in stone, but rather that they're just highly interested.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Vilma for Rogers

Book it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I guess he also visited the Saints the other day, possibly for a physical. So this means less now. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"Jonathan Vilma was "apparently" in New Orleans on Monday to meet with Saints brass, according to Newsday's Tom Rock."

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said that days ago. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
azbmxican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
patriots are one of the most hated teams in nfl history.
thats the cowgurls.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please no vilma for rogers and picks

I wanted at least one to end up on the broncos. I will be sad if we get neither lol
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post
"Jonathan Vilma was "apparently" in New Orleans on Monday to meet with Saints brass, according to Newsday's Tom Rock."

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx
Quote:
-- Saints Cool on Vilma --
Thu Feb 28, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

The New York Daily News reports the Saints, one of the early teams connected with Jets LB Jonathan Vilma, don't appear to be as hot for him as once thought. They have done some homework on Vilma, but from talking to people, the impression is their interest has cooled.
Perhaps the physical didn't go so well?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 02-28-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

On Sportscenter, Clayton said that he expects the Saints to get a deal for Vilma done soon.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
On Sportscenter, Clayton said that he expects the Saints to get a deal for Vilma done soon.
I'm hearing two conflicting reports. Some are saying we're going to offer a deal soon, some are saying that Clayton said that we were in the running to land him. Two big different things. We shall see...

Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I'm hearing two conflicting reports. Some are saying we're going to offer a deal soon, some are saying that Clayton said that we were in the running to land him. Two big different things. We shall see...
Me too, i've been on pretty much all the jets forums the last couple days and mostly tonight; which really doesn't help a guy get any work done and from what i've heard is that the lions are the favorites to land vilma. Although the panthers have shown serious interest and the saints have cooled off a bit. However, I refuse to beleive anything until i see it printed official tommorrow morning at 12:01 or after. I really could care less where he ends up as long as its out of the AFC east; i plan on rooting for him no matter what, because he's always been a class act..same thing goes for Drob.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I think the Lions have to be the favorites. They could offer Rogers & their third (or maybe fourth). We could offer a 3rd, but I can't really think of a player to offer. Even though I'm not thrilled about it, signing Asante Samuel (which seems to be very likely, we'll see) and trading for Vilma would be pretty impressive.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I'll be fairly sad if he goes to the Saints. It seems as though we'd be getting the least out of any deal if he goes to NO.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I'll be fairly sad if he goes to the Saints. It seems as though we'd be getting the least out of any deal if he goes to NO.
Depends if the Broncos are in the mix or not. If so, I think they'd have the least to offer.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions aren't going to offer Rodgers and a 3rd. It seems as if the value for Rodgers alone is higher than Vilma right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yeah, I think we would just offer a 3rd. I don't know of any player under contract that the Jets would want or we would be willing to trade.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Depends if the Broncos are in the mix or not. If so, I think they'd have the least to offer.
That's true. I was only referring to the Lions and Panthers.