Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they wont trade him away dbs take time to develope most take a good 2 - 3 years ...... look at Aso his first 2 years werent really much to talk about. I think Huff is a great talent and will only gete better i also beleive he is better suited for FS then SS, I dont think the raiders will trade away such a guy who was picked so high in the draft few years before would be a big mistake.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Raiders were stupid to think he can play SS in the NFL.he cant you want him to cover move him to CB..
Im pretty sure the reason why he was put at SS was because it was the biggest need in the secondary.Aso and Fabs were starting at CB.Stu at FS.The best option was to put him at SS because otherwise youd have Gibson starting.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is probably a case where, if true, the team is simply investigating what might be out there. Granted, you never know, but they probably want to, at the very least, check out what he might get. They've put a lot more assets than most team would in the secondary (Redskins aside). I don't expect them to move him, but who knows. Maybe some team gets dumb and offers a great deal considering this is a thin safety class. Not impossible. For a team like the Raiders, checking out all available options makes some sense, if this is true.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
madieu williams and a second round pick for him?
madieu's a free agent silly

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you are correct.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:38 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I've no idea why the Raiders didn't play him at free safety from the start, that's where he should play. His game in range and coverage. Frankly, to play him at strong safety is stupid imo. It's not like Oakland has another safety worth a darn on the roster to not play him at free safety.
This is Oakland we are talking about. No surprise here.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:39 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaktown1981 View Post
This is just Jerry Mac giving his opinion.. The Raiders haven't said he is on the block.. I doubt the Raiders trade Huff
"two league sources said during the week that it is no secret in league circles that Huff is available by trade."

Sorry buddy but that does not sound like an opinion. If it is being said in league circles that he is available for trade then how is it an opinion?
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was so excited for Huff coming out but he's really not being used right at all...Their trying to use him like a SS, up close to the LOS, and hitting tight ends at the point of attack or fullbacks, this is for a guy thats a FS/CB tweener with range and instincts...Your not even seeing the best part of his game when you put him up at the LOS like a Roy Williams, I have been wishing that he could get out of there for the longest time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huff for Troy Willamson makes sense to me... A 7th overall for a 7th overall. Moss' replacement in Minessota go to the Raider to replace Moss. It's all good... if you're a Vikings fan :)
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jason96r
Rookie

jason96r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fabian Washington and Derrick Burgess for Roy Williams WR of the Lions.

Last edited by jason96r : 02-25-2008 at 04:10 PM.
jason96r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default wow....

Well this thread went downhill fast.....terrible trades lol....

Huff will be moved to FS as soon as the Raiders get a SS worth a darn....Darius turned out to be a waste, and so did our draft picks at safety...maybe we can pick one up this year in the mid-rounds that bang around a bit at SS...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Huff for Rogers? does however make some sense, Sapp retiring? Al davis love for troubled soles who have made potential
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Huff for Rogers? does however make some sense, Sapp retiring? Al davis love for troubled soles who have made potential
Maybe if Detroit added a 3rd rounder, but straight up no way would I do that as Oakland...You havent even cracked the surface with Huff, and he's way too young with too much potential...It be silly if they traded him in general, he makes their secondary very scary if they get him in the right spot.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

oh Yeah Oaklands moves always make perfect sense
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If he was the #1 reason the longhorns took down the almighty USC Trojans in '06 he can't be too bad. (Top 5 reasons by ESPN) He is a pure talent waiting and when used right he'll be Hawaii bound. PACKERS!: Trade first rounder this year for him.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Id give up Roy and a 3rd for him...He would be perfect in Dallas with the freedom to roam and be a playmaker, a man can dream cant he ;)

Quote:
Old 02-27-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
If he was the #1 reason the longhorns took down the almighty USC Trojans in '06 he can't be too bad. (Top 5 reasons by ESPN) He is a pure talent waiting and when used right he'll be Hawaii bound. PACKERS!: Trade first rounder this year for him.
Er, they said Huff was the #1 reason?

I hope the article's premise was "The Top 5 reasons Texas beat USC besides Vince freaking Young" :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
azbmxican

be patient guys. Adub is our SS and he took time to develop!! Can't tell me he wasn't worth the time, and that he doesn't hit hard? We now have moved Rolle to FS and seems he is also gonna excel at that position instead of CB where he was