Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: Who do you want to see the Falcons take the most?
Matt Ryan 9 40.91%
Darren McFadden 5 22.73%
Jake Long 7 31.82%
Glenn Dorsey 0 0%
Sedrick Ellis 0 0%
Trade Out 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default With the 3rd pick the Atlanta Falcons Take...

If you were running the show, who would you want to see fall to the falcons at the 3rd pick. Do you build inside out? Go with the questioned quarter back? Take Run DMC? Or just get as much as you can and trade out?
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jake long. he's what this franchise needs most to WIN, what a football team should aim to do; and he will improve what our HC has said hes wanted: a good run game.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan. Can anyone say 'face of the franchise'?
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take either DMC or Jake Long.
i dont wanna waste a top 3 pick on a QB who threw 19 ints last year and isnt worth top 3 money.

Long could help our O-line ALOT and DMC could make our running game elite again
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Ryan. Can anyone say 'face of the franchise'?
can anyone say 'hyped solely on intangibles'?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Long #1
Ellis / McFadden #2
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

yea, I would not mind Jake Long, but i have always been a fan of taking DMC and after the combine I feel even more that way. So if I had to fix the falcons it would look something like this, assuming we get a 1st and 3rd somewhere for D-Hall. My rounds might be a little bit off, but the the positions are what I would look to take.

1a) DMC
1b) K. Balmer
2a) C. Williams
2b) P. Wheeler
3a) D.R. Cromartie
3b) B. Cottam/ K. Davis
4a) J. Johnson
4b) D. Radovich
5) M. Howard (kid just ran a 4.47)
6) B. Coutu
7) O. Schmitt
Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
machoking6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3 View Post
yea, I would not mind Jake Long, but i have always been a fan of taking DMC and after the combine I feel even more that way. So if I had to fix the falcons it would look something like this, assuming we get a 1st and 3rd somewhere for D-Hall. My rounds might be a little bit off, but the the positions are what I would look to take.

1a) DMC
1b) K. Balmer
2a) C. Williams
2b) P. Wheeler
3a) D.R. Cromartie
3b) B. Cottam/ K. Davis
4a) J. Johnson
4b) D. Radovich
5) M. Howard (kid just ran a 4.47)
6) B. Coutu
7) O. Schmitt
Isn't this a tad bit far fetched? A 1st and a 3rd for DeAngelo Hall? All I've heard were rumblings of a 1st round pick. And what's with Chris Williams falling to the 2nd round and DRC falling to the 3rd? Heck, Johnson falling to the 4th is even considered a little weird to me.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

idk if the major sports news sites are reporting it right but i think the best we can get for hall is a first straight up. and that would be the last pick of the first round.

his value just isnt appreciated throughout the league because most nfl fans see hall as a egotistic, aggressive, and immature player. i see him more as a fiery, passionate, and immature player that needs to be given the chance to mature. hes only 24! if he was in his 30s like TO during his drama, it would worry me but hall is still young and very talented.

if td and mckay give him away for simply a third as peter king suggests, i will be very upset. yes, his contract will have to be big but give him one more year and who knows, maybe him and coach smith totally hit it off.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

My Board:
1) Jake Long
2) Glenn Dorsey
3) Sed Ellis

I've switched Dorsey and Long sooo many times I can't count
Old 02-26-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not bad flry, but what are we going to do about RB...do you think we can land 'the burner' from San Diego? If not I think that due to the injury McFadden has to edge him out.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie

FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

with my first post I select Jake Long, OT from Michigan.
DMC will put people in the seats, I got him at a close 2nd.
I'd rather have Joey Harrington than Matt Ryan.
And Dorsey/Ellis got me a little nervous, not at #3.
FizzyFalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyFalcons View Post

I'd rather have Joey Harrington than Matt Ryan.
What a bad first post.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
What a bad first post.
At least he'll... crumple to the ground and take the sack instead of throwin the pick? That's all I got... :p
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie

FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

haha, that's how I feel. I recall Joey starting at QB for our only multi-game win streak last year. I'd like to see him get some protection, then see how many ints he throws.
FizzyFalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

nice sig bnad.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joey "Sack-Pick" Harrington? Are you serious? I'm not sold on Matt "Overrated" Ryan. His ceiling is not that much higher than the other QBs in the draft or that of Redman's or Shock's. I'm sorry, if we pick Ryan I just think the chances of a waisted pick comes into play.

I think we just trade out of the pick. Pick up additional picks and make a move for Stewart (rb- Oregon) in the 1st.......

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

Alright, well after the combine and Scott's new rankings it looks like my picks are a little off. So, I'll give this another try.

1a) DMC
1b) Gosder Cherilus
2a) Phillip Wheeler
2b) Antoine Cason
3a) Josh Johnson
3b) Dan Radovich
4a) Frank Okam
4b) Kellen Davis
Old 02-27-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Falcons will take Darren McFadden. I think he doesn't fill the team's top three needs; but, and more importantly, his character concerns are way too risky. The last thing the Falcons need is another superstar with a questionable character.

My hope is the team does what Cleveland did last year. That is, make everyone think you are going to take the QB or RB and actually take the stud LT. I want Jake Long more than any other player in the draft, and I think he fills the biggest need.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the prima dona in McFadden. I don't think the character concerns are much if anything.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

yeah he seems like a legit kid but the risk is still there and it will be magnified by the media if the falcons draft him.

im in total agreement with shiver.

and trading down has become next to impossible. i know jerry jones has a fetish for arkansas but hes not stupid enough to lose barber and first round pick(s) for one rb that can be had every couple years. im all for it taking stewart but the reality it does occur is slim to none.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm. you know what we should do? what we actually plan to do and go with a big board of 1) JAke Long
2) everyone else.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
yeah he seems like a legit kid but the risk is still there and it will be magnified by the media if the falcons draft him.

im in total agreement with shiver.

and trading down has become next to impossible. i know jerry jones has a fetish for arkansas but hes not stupid enough to lose barber and first round pick(s) for one rb that can be had every couple years. im all for it taking stewart but the reality it does occur is slim to none.
Well, according to Shefter he's planning to do just that for the #1 pick. If I'm TD, I'm giving JJ a call right now...
Old 02-28-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
can anyone say 'hyped solely on intangibles'?
Do you back your opinions up or do you just go by the general public's opinion?
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

i dont wanna a qb who threw 31 tds to 19 ints. thats pitiful in a conference that isnt even elite in many regards. the only positive thing on him is that he ran a nfl-style offense but no one knows how that will translate. the mannings and brady didnt run pro-style offenses and it didnt matter in the nfl. his win over VT is possibly the only great flash he showed and that game is why he is getting incredibly hyped for his 'leadership' and intangibles. and the excuse many have that his wrs are crap doesnt work. before woodson's impressive emergence, KY was thought to have the worst receivers. now two of them are potential draftees. wrs in the nfl like stokley and gaffney are crap if paired with inept qbs but they become much better with better qbs. his accuracy is nothing to be excited about. and this guy is being considered for the third pick?!..

meanwhile, there is a guy from the sec with great upside that can be had for MILLIONS less. yes, his mechanics are crap but he makes good decisions with time and doesnt sling throws for careless INTs.

there is a ben roethlisberger-esque prospect comparable to jamarcus russell in his arm strength who can be obtained for MILLIONS less.

there is chad henne who since his freshman year, has shown great numbers and poise in a difficult conference.

there is brian brohm who proved his consistency throughout almost 4 straight years with impressive comebacks, blowouts, and great football iq. he is gonna be a helluva nfl qb and i want him in a falcons jersey but i have my doubts.

matt ryan is not worth a top three pick. say we draft him, he's gonna get killed behind our line. confidence shoots down and he thinks too much in the pocket. joey harrington anyone? if long is gone, we need to entertain trade offers and if that doesnt work then we go with dorsey or ellis. our offense needs a LT to build itself around or it will just bust. we can grab a sam baker, carl nicks, or chris williams later but the chance they become what jake long can become is slim.

im just sick of ryan being considered the best qb after one special yet not so great year. how great are these intangibles of his if after a great start in the season, one loss and the latter half crumbles? i'd rather have colt brennan in the fourth than ryan in the first.