Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: Who do you want to see the Falcons take the most?
Matt Ryan 9 40.91%
Darren McFadden 5 22.73%
Jake Long 7 31.82%
Glenn Dorsey 0 0%
Sedrick Ellis 0 0%
Trade Out 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i dont wanna a qb who threw 31 tds to 19 ints. thats pitiful in a conference that isnt even elite in many regards. the only positive thing on him is that he ran a nfl-style offense but no one knows how that will translate. the mannings and brady didnt run pro-style offenses and it didnt matter in the nfl. his win over VT is possibly the only great flash he showed and that game is why he is getting incredibly hyped for his 'leadership' and intangibles. and the excuse many have that his wrs are crap doesnt work. before woodson's impressive emergence, KY was thought to have the worst receivers. now two of them are potential draftees. wrs in the nfl like stokley and gaffney are crap if paired with inept qbs but they become much better with better qbs. his accuracy is nothing to be excited about. and this guy is being considered for the third pick?!..

meanwhile, there is a guy from the sec with great upside that can be had for MILLIONS less. yes, his mechanics are crap but he makes good decisions with time and doesnt sling throws for careless INTs.

there is a ben roethlisberger-esque prospect comparable to jamarcus russell in his arm strength who can be obtained for MILLIONS less.

there is chad henne who since his freshman year, has shown great numbers and poise in a difficult conference.

there is brian brohm who proved his consistency throughout almost 4 straight years with impressive comebacks, blowouts, and great football iq. he is gonna be a helluva nfl qb and i want him in a falcons jersey but i have my doubts.

matt ryan is not worth a top three pick. say we draft him, he's gonna get killed behind our line. confidence shoots down and he thinks too much in the pocket. joey harrington anyone? if long is gone, we need to entertain trade offers and if that doesnt work then we go with dorsey or ellis. our offense needs a LT to build itself around or it will just bust. we can grab a sam baker, carl nicks, or chris williams later but the chance they become what jake long can become is slim.

im just sick of ryan being considered the best qb after one special yet not so great year. how great are these intangibles of his if after a great start in the season, one loss and the latter half crumbles? i'd rather have colt brennan in the fourth than ryan in the first.
I agree with everything you said except that last part about Colt Brennan.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote