Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coughlin regrets Barber situation

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer
February 23, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Tom Coughlin has one regret about Tiki Barber: that he couldn't convince the New York Giants running back to keep his opinions out of the public spotlight.

On Friday, the New York Giants coach told reporters during the NFL's annual scouting combine he wished Barber hadn't used the media to voice his strong opinions and wasn't sure why Barber blamed the coaching staff for pushing him into retirement.
There is more to it click the link to read it if you want.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coughlin really made Tiki look dumb today. Coughlin threw in his face the fact that he cured Tiki's fumbling problems and it was only under him that Tiki had the three best years of his career.

He also pointed out that if the long practices were such a grind on the Giants then why have they won the regular season finale in every year he has been here. And in those three wins Tiki averaged 177 yards. How worn down could he have been to average that.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Coughlin really made Tiki look dumb today. Coughlin threw in his face the fact that he cured Tiki's fumbling problems and it was only under him that Tiki had the three best years of his career.

He also pointed out that if the long practices were such a grind on the Giants then why have they won the regular season finale in every year he has been here. And in those three wins Tiki averaged 177 yards. How worn down could he have been to average that.
Tiki has been making himself look dumb for a long time now. He's disrespectful, loves to put the blame on everyone else, never takes accountabilty when things go wrong, always tries to take credit for his hard work, thinks he's smarter than he is, thinks he had a better career than he had and is just plain selfish... not to mention.. ugly.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiki is a diva. Plain and simple.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiki has really turned me off with his diva attitude. You know youre in the wrong when you make Coughlin look like the innocent one. Like I said before, of all people, Tiki should be the last person criticizing Coughlin. Coughlin made him into the player he was. I don't get it.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Tiki has really turned me off with his diva attitude. You know youre in the wrong when you make Coughlin look like the innocent one. Like I said before, of all people, Tiki should be the last person criticizing Coughlin. Coughlin made him into the player he was. I don't get it.
Sure he might be a diva.. but he has some skills.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24
Quote:
What's that got to do with anything. Tom Coughlin "fixed" him.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24
Quote:
What's that got to do with anything. Tom Coughlin "fixed" him.
I agree dude couldn't even hold on to the rock before Tom got there.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he regrets it why keep jabbing back at Barber?

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
If he regrets it why keep jabbing back at Barber?
He hasn't jabbed back. This is the first time. What do you want him to do? Barber has called him out far too many times. If I was Coughlin, Id be pissed. Barber wouldn't be Barber without Coughlin. What Barber is doing is very disrespectful.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

If Barber wants to move on and be done with the game he should do just that stop bringing up old stuff I know the media is going to ask but he doesn't have to give a comment.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tiki's arrogance is just plain astonishing. For someone who claims to be intelligent he sure seems socially stunted.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Tiki is a diva. Plain and simple.
Ironic part was he was a good boy so to speak when he sucked and couldnt hold on to the ball, but once he became an all pro and successful, i think it got to his head.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tiki is kinda tarnishing his legacy a little and should just shutup- he did wonders with the giants and will always b remembered as a good player but he should shut his mouth- what is trying to do? yes he is entitled to speak but also his best years were under coughlin and i dont kno what he is trying to do

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
If Barber wants to move on and be done with the game he should do just that stop bringing up old stuff I know the media is going to ask but he doesn't have to give a comment.
Exactly my point to some of the other giants fans saying he is right.. I dont discount Tiki being right or wrong, to me thats not the issue. The issue is just going out classy, and even if that means lying just to save face for your franchise, self, and old coach, than so be it. That to me is classy putting yourself behind the good of the coach and franchise one last time. But once again in that interview when he retired showed, that put a mic in his face and he just tells all.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Exactly my point to some of the other giants fans saying he is right.. I dont discount Tiki being right or wrong, to me thats not the issue. The issue is just going out classy, and even if that means lying just to save face for your franchise, self, and old coach, than so be it. That to me is classy putting yourself behind the good of the coach and franchise one last time. But once again in that interview when he retired showed, that put a mic in his face and he just tells all.
Totally agree

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 02-24-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love how every Giants fan never said it was a distraction either and denied the fact that Tiki was more than likely creating tension both in the locker room, media and maybe even on the field.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
I love how every Giants fan never said it was a distraction either and denied the fact that Tiki was more than likely creating tension both in the locker room, media and maybe even on the field.
Well I felt announcing his retirement wasnt, but I always hated his damn mouth. I loved what he did on the field, but he was an attention *****. Put a mic in front of him, and he signs like a canary.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom has some sense of right

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, you know it's the offseason when this is news.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
piuttosto

Oh, **** Tom. Tiki also started a new workout plan with a different trainer on those years that he had his success.

Quote:
Tiki has been making himself look dumb for a long time now. He's disrespectful, loves to put the blame on everyone else, never takes accountabilty when things go wrong, always tries to take credit for his hard work, thinks he's smarter than he is, thinks he had a better career than he had and is just plain selfish... not to mention.. ugly.
1. It's not like he was ever wrong when he said they were outcoached.
2. Well...he did pretty much carry the Giants to the playoffs 2 years in a row.
3. He was #1 in his class...
4. He was the best offensive player in Giants History. That's a pretty good career.

Quote:
Ironic part was he was a good boy so to speak when he sucked and couldnt hold on to the ball, but once he became an all pro and successful, i think it got to his head.
...He never "sucked."

Quote:
Yes, Tiki's retirement was the reason we blew a 21 point lead. It was also the reason why we took Brandon Jacobs out in the goal line and passed 3 times. It was also his fault that Lavar tore his Achilles and Puke broke his leg.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seem to be alot of ignorance of here. There were alot of things that went on behind the scenes that influenced Tiki's emergence as an elite back in the NFL. Once the fumbling stopped, he BECAME the Giants offense, the percentage of plays he took part is an astoundingly high number. Tiki wanted to stop fumbling more then anyone and he worked through the pain throughout the season.

He openly admitted that Week 4 felt like he was in a "50 year old body". Really sounds like someone that is tarnishing his legacy

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler
Seem to be alot of ignorance of here. There were alot of things that went on behind the scenes that influenced Tiki's emergence as an elite back in the NFL. Once the fumbling stopped, he BECAME the Giants offense, the percentage of plays he took part is an astoundingly high number. Tiki wanted to stop fumbling more then anyone and he worked through the pain throughout the season.

He openly admitted that Week 4 felt like he was in a "50 year old body". Really sounds like someone that is tarnishing his legacy
That has nothing to do with his constant trashing of Coughlin and the team.

Albert Camus
Old 02-25-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20
Oh, *********** Tom. Tiki also started a new workout plan with a different trainer on those years that he had his success.

Quote:
1. It's not like he was ever wrong when he said they were outcoached.
2. Well...he did pretty much carry the Giants to the playoffs 2 years in a row.
3. He was #1 in his class...
4. He was the best offensive player in Giants History. That's a pretty good career.

Quote:
...He never "sucked."

Quote:
Yes, Tiki's retirement was the reason we blew a 21 point lead. It was also the reason why we took Brandon Jacobs out in the goal line and passed 3 times. It was also his fault that Lavar tore his Achilles and Puke broke his leg.
Yeah he did.. He was a fumbling mess, if it wasnt for Fasshole, playing favorites, any other coach would have benched his butt.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler

That has nothing to do with his constant trashing of Coughlin and the team.
He's supposed to be a leader. A leader criticizes a team when they play poorly, what was he supposed to do? Be optimistic?

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote