Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Our SS situation....

What do you think we should do in the off season to remedy our strong safety situation. I think our pass D would be 10x better if we could move Huff to FS. Schweigert/Eugune are terrible at FS. I assume this is a belief that is common amongst Raider fans, so what would you like to see the Raiders do to change things up in our secondary?

I personally am not famaliar enough with any of this Safety class to have much of an opinion on the matter....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think most would agree this safety class is relatively weak. Kenny Philips is the top safety but after that it is relatively thin. One guy that caught my eye at the combine was Josh Barrett. He's 6'3 230 lbs and he ran a mid 4.3 in the 40 yrd dash. I don't know much about his performance on the field but that is pretty impressive speed for a safety his size.

EDIT: I thought I saw Barrett run a mid 4.3 in the 40, but I just looked at Scotts Combine page and it shows that he ran a 4.6. Thats weird because I could've swore he ran a really good time, I even remember the announcers mentioning how scouts would have to take a closer look at this guy.

Last edited by Stash : 02-26-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

I don't think we will see the Raiders draft a SS.. I think they will address the position in free agency.. Raiders have more needs along both DL,OL,WR to draft another SS.

There was a report that the Raiders will move Jon Alston to SS this year.. I expect Huff to move to FS..
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaktown1981 View Post
I don't think we will see the Raiders draft a SS.. I think they will address the position in free agency.. Raiders have more needs along both DL,OL,WR to draft another SS.

There was a report that the Raiders will move Jon Alston to SS this year.. I expect Huff to move to FS..
Alston to Safety? he would never see the field.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Alston to Safety? he would never see the field.
I think with some focus on coverage Alston could be an effective SS, considering that he's only 6'0'' and around 225 pounds. Alston has always been regarded as a fast and explosive player, and with his LB and DE background he could be a good tackler, he's been a good ST so we don't lose him in that aspect with the switch.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Us signing Wilson helped us out so much.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote