Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Dallas needs to fill up the seats in the new stadium and D-Mac would do it..IMO. Alot of people from Arkansas would drive down to see him play. They are all Dallas fans anyway. The jersey sale's in them selves would make a tone of money. At the end of the day its all about the money anyway.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Dallas needs to fill up the seats in the new stadium and D-Mac would do it..IMO. Alot of people from Arkansas would drive down to see him play. They are all Dallas fans anyway.
I don't think the Cowboys have to worry about selling tickets.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
How much is Barber set to make next season? That should also be an indication of why this is a horrible trade for the Cowboys.
He's a RFA. How much is unknown, but he's supposed to receive a contract around 5 years, $25-30 Million.

So you were saying?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much do you guys think Marion Barber is worth? Draft pick wise.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Jerry should just call his old friend Al Davis and do a trade..Cause McFadden will be there at 4.

Last edited by Young Legend : 02-26-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Young Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Do it for the love of yourself Jerry!

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And so it begins.....Jerry is going to ruin this team again, and I've got my popcorn ready for the disaster.

Barber and both firsts might not be enough to move up to #1. I think that is why they are saying undisclosed draft picks, because it will be more than the two firsts.

Can't wait until Barber and Flozell are playing Miami and Dallas is running sweeps to left side with Davis at LT and McFadden running the ball. Dream come true. Cowboys fans will appreciate Barber even more then because McFadden has never gotten a tough yard in his college career.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I hope it's more than #22/#28/Barber for #1.. because that would value Marion Barber as about the #7 Overall Pick.

I think it's a bad trade for both teams.
yes according to the NFL draft value chart the 1st pick is worth 3000 points. The 22nd pick is worth 780 points and the 28th pick is worth 660 points. That woul leave 1560 points left which is between the 6th pick (1600 points) and 7th pick (1500 points). I think that even though that might be a little steep for Barber the Dolphins at this point woul make out alot better although they dont need Barber but they need picks. Dallas would make out fine without alot of holes but it depends on if Dmac turns out to be AP #2.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.......God. I really see no reason to this. We were just a 13-3 team. Just a few tweaks here and there and I would feel very confident in this team, I mean I already feel good about the team now. It is just rumor, so I hope it just stays that way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Miami asked to throw in Bobby Carpenter too.
That's what I am thinking as well. With Parcells in control, you have to think BC will be part of the deal.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you go by the points system, there is absolutely no way that the Dolphins are going to get fair points value. 2 #1's and MB3 is probably the best they would do.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber and TWO firsts in any way shape or form is a bad deal.

You people are too quick to judge based off rumor. I can't even remember the last bad deal that Jerry made. Now all of sudden he's going to ruin this team... AGAIN? The first time he took over he brought 3 Superbowl Championships and completed the best deal ever in the Hershel Walker trade. If he's going to ruin the team again, like he did the last time, BRING IT ON!
Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
That's what I am thinking as well. With Parcells in control, you have to think BC will be part of the deal.
I'm still thanking Parcells for releasing Zach Thomas into our hands. I've lost faith in Carpenter. I'm fine with letting him go.

But Barber is a Top 5 back in the league. He alone is worth 2 first rounders.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Barber and TWO firsts in any way shape or form is a bad deal.

You people are too quick to judge based off rumor. I can't even remember the last bad deal that Jerry made. Now all of sudden he's going to ruin this team... AGAIN? The first time he took over he brought 3 Superbowl Championships and completed the best deal ever in the Hershel Walker trade. If he's going to ruin the team again, like he did the last time, BRING IT ON!
Jerry Jones also hired Dave Campo as the Head Coach of the Cowboys...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
As a jets fan I would love this trade to happen, because it means chris long will still be on the board. It's a great trade for miami, but i just keep thinking that the cowboys are getting fleeced.
I think you are probably misled, because if Chris Long doesn't go #1 to Miami he almost certainly will go #2 to St.Louis who are dying for a DE.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade actually would be very stupid for Dallas. Sure they'd get a great RB, but RBs don't last that long, maybe 9 years tops, and they are a dime a dozen really in this day and age where a great team needs a great QB and defense, not a great RB. Giving up a proven pro bowl back and 2 first rounders plus a little more for a RB would be dumb. See 2004 SD/NYG trade.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm still thanking Parcells for releasing Zach Thomas into our hands. I've lost faith in Carpenter. I'm fine with letting him go.

But Barber is a Top 5 back in the league. He alone is worth 2 first rounders.
Barber is not worth 2 first rounders. If you believe that, then any logical discussion with you in this thread is over.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
This trade actually would be very stupid for Dallas. Sure they'd get a great RB, but RBs don't last that long, maybe 9 years tops, and they are a dime a dozen really in this day and age where a great team needs a great QB and defense, not a great RB. Giving up a proven pro bowl back and 2 first rounders plus a little more for a RB would be dumb. See 2004 SD/NYG trade.
How is the 2004 SD/NYG trade even comparable to this? That trade strictly involved picks and was for a franchise signal-caller, which is completely different than a RB. Also, you can't argue against the current trade and then use 2004 trade as an example of a bad trade when Eli Manning just won a super bowl.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Barber is not worth 2 first rounders. If you believe that, then any logical discussion with you in this thread is over.
When Marion Barber carries the ball more 20 times more than once over the regular season, then you can come back with that argument. Until then, he is a very good, complimentary back.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
When Marion Barber carries the ball more 20 times more than once over the regular season, then you can come back with that argument. Until then, he is a very good, complimentary back.
I think he can be a back that carries more than 20 times a game. He just hasn't been given that opportunity yet. Regardless the list of players who hold a trade value of 2 first rounders is small, and Marion Barber isn't on it.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why the hell does Dallas seem so quick to trade away Marion Barber? Dude's a stud. He's a TD machine and breaks for some ridiculous runs. He's one of the best running backs in the NFL, top 5 in my opinion (YPC and TD's are the two most important stats I look at). That's just statistically too...athletically he's an absolute freak, check out his combine/pro day numbers: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=10215

I guess it depends on what the undisclosed picks are, but personally, if I'm Jerry Jones...I don't trade Barber for McFadden straight up let alone with other picks...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
How much do you guys think Marion Barber is worth? Draft pick wise.
I would think late 1st to a 2nd. He has shown that he is a good RB, but in a 2back system. Pairing him w/ Ronnie Brown could be scary good, but I think a 2nd would sound right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Logic flew out the door the moment Barber and 2 first rounders for McFadden became an actual discussion.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys fans will appreciate Barber even more then because McFadden has never gotten a tough yard in his college career.
Ive told every cowboy fan they will realize how much Barber meant to this team as soon as he is gone, the first time McFadden misses a blitz pickup, or gets hurt, or when we see him running wild for Miami...He did all the little things on our offense that are hard to replace, and we STILL need another rb behind DMac, so how do we fill that role and get a corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

I said that it would happen. Nobody believed me...

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote