Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 02-28-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jason Taylor not being dealt

Word on the 790 the ticket news flash is that Adam Scefter is reporting that Jason Taylor will not be dealt. The reason is the team feels he would be more productive then a 3rd round pick which they where projecting to get for him. Now does this change the draft???

OLB Joey Porter
OLB Jason Taylor
OLB Matt Roth
OLB Abraham Wright

Or does Parcells do this

OLB Jason Taylor ILB Channing Crowder ILB Joey Porter OLB Chris Long

Wow that's a pretty decent linebacking core. Matt Roth would be the guy to give Taylor a breather and eventually take over in the future. Wow I like this.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

If that is true, that is a catastrophically bad decision. If all you can get is a third rd pick, take it. I think that if they wait until draft day, they can get a 2 or maybe even take a lower pick this yr with a higher pick next yr. The point is they are wasting an asset if they keep him. This team is going to stink this yr, why not ensure some future talent that will be here when they get good. I hope this is untrue, because if it is, this regime is off on the wrong foot as far as I am concerned..... Just a BAD decision..........
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

This is true Quag. It's all over the sports talk radio down here. I mean they have it as there news flash at the top of every hour so it seems to me that someone in the organization has come forward too Adam Schefter to tell him he is not being dealt. I dont think they would come out and do this to Jason if they planned on dealing him.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

I agree I think he should be dealt away but then again maybe Parcels sees him as the leader of a young defense much like McGinest in Cleveland. Jason does more then play good football for the Dolphins. He is a Dolphin legend and an extreme pillar in the community. This is probably a Wayne Huizenga thing. Probably his favorite player. Jason has another good three years left in him. A Great teacher for Chris Long i'll tell you that much. Add Taylor and Long on the other side. Then the addition of Rogers in the middle if the defense. This rebuilding thing may be shorter then what we think.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 02-28-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope they go through with drafting Long or Gholston with all those backers still in the mix. That's the only thing that worries me. I really don't want Ryan or Jake with the 1st pick!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
I agree I think he should be dealt away but then again maybe Parcels sees him as the leader of a young defense much like McGinest in Cleveland. Jason does more then play good football for the Dolphins. He is a Dolphin legend and an extreme pillar in the community. This is probably a Wayne Huizenga thing. Probably his favorite player. Jason has another good three years left in him. A Great teacher for Chris Long i'll tell you that much. Add Taylor and Long on the other side. Then the addition of Rogers in the middle if the defense. This rebuilding thing may be shorter then what we think.
I agree that he has been a good player, but he has also been part of the team that has disappointed and failed for the last 10 yrs. Though it is not his fault, I would rather start fresh with people who have no predisposition to losing. Getting him out of here would open the doors for young players to make their mark. I don't want a quick rebuild, I want one that is long lasting and with a good foundation.

As for Rogers, I think he fits like a glove except that it would cost a pick to get him. I do not want to give away picks if at all possible.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote