Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-03-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
Blackstock did play under Al Groh. As much as we talk about Chris Long and Al Groh. Blackstock falls under that same tree

Hence our interest in both. I really, really wanna add Blackstock.

He's 24, was a very good talent coming out of college and in an extremely limited role last year he managed to get 3 sacks. I think with some work under a similar system to what he played in college he could be a very effective situational pass rusher who could get us 5-6 sacks a season only playing 15 snaps a game.

I think he's worth a gamble. Especially since he is gonna be dirt cheap. It's really only us, the Bengals and the Pats that are interested.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Bro, let's watch and see if he can even start for a full NFL season but saying he's Pro Bowl caliber. I like Bell but come on dude, ease off the homerism. He has yet to hold down a job for a full season.
Ok dude... I have my opinions, you have your. Damn, seems like you hang on every word i say sometimes. He certainly has the talent, when healthy,to become a Pro Bowler, that is my opinion, if you don't agree, then that's great, I dont care. That's just how I feel.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hence our interest in both. I really, really wanna add Blackstock.

He's 24, was a very good talent coming out of college and in an extremely limited role last year he managed to get 3 sacks. I think with some work under a similar system to what he played in college he could be a very effective situational pass rusher who could get us 5-6 sacks a season only playing 15 snaps a game.

I think he's worth a gamble. Especially since he is gonna be dirt cheap. It's really only us, the Bengals and the Pats that are interested.
I don't really want to add Blackstock to be completely honest. It seems like we have enough young, talented 3-4 backers on our roster already and then you add in Chris Long, and we will have more than enough at the outside position for next year. (JT, JP, Torbor, Moses, Wright, Long). I've heard Parcells is pretty high on the potential of Moses as an OLB in our system so he and C Long (if he draft him) seem to be the future there with Torbor and Wright coming off the bench. I guess if Torbor moves inside, which I'm not totally told on, then maybe we could add him for depth. I just don't think he's gonna come all that cheap, but if he does I guess it would be alright, maybe he could beat out Wright and Abe will be cut, I guess I don't see the harm in that, but i say we just wait and see how the draft pans out, just draft Chris and move on.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I don't really want to add Blackstock to be completely honest. It seems like we have enough young, talented 3-4 backers on our roster already and then you add in Chris Long, and we will have more than enough at the outside position for next year. (JT, JP, Torbor, Moses, Wright, Long). I've heard Parcells is pretty high on the potential of Moses as an OLB in our system so he and C Long (if he draft him) seem to be the future there with Torbor and Wright coming off the bench. I guess if Torbor moves inside, which I'm not totally told on, then maybe we could add him for depth. I just don't think he's gonna come all that cheap, but if he does I guess it would be alright, maybe he could beat out Wright and Abe will be cut, I guess I don't see the harm in that, but i say we just wait and see how the draft pans out, just draft Chris and move on.
You counting on Moses and Wright? Come on man. Moses was a rookie last season that got cut by 2 different teams before he got to us. He looked good for us last season but damn he tanked at other places pretty quickly so lets wait a bit to see him really perform before we say he is the future at OLB. And Abe Wright, a low 7th round pick that spent the entire year on IR.

Your making a mistake by pencilling those two into the lineup already. A huge mistake. Bring in talent and let the best man win. If we can get Blackstock in here cheap, do it, let them battle it out in practice and let the better player stay. No need to just settle on Wright and Moses simply because they are on the roster.

Btw..I hang on every word you say? Don't be so full of yourself. You made an outlandish statement saying Bell is a Pro Bowl type player and I said he hasn't even been a full time starter in his career. I applied common sense to the situation and you get upset and bent out of shape, so whos the one hanging on whose words?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
You counting on Moses and Wright? Come on man. Moses was a rookie last season that got cut by 2 different teams before he got to us. He looked good for us last season but damn he tanked at other places pretty quickly so lets wait a bit to see him really perform before we say he is the future at OLB. And Abe Wright, a low 7th round pick that spent the entire year on IR.

Your making a mistake by pencilling those two into the lineup already. A huge mistake. Bring in talent and let the best man win. If we can get Blackstock in here cheap, do it, let them battle it out in practice and let the better player stay. No need to just settle on Wright and Moses simply because they are on the roster.

Btw..I hang on every word you say? Don't be so full of yourself. You made an outlandish statement saying Bell is a Pro Bowl type player and I said he hasn't even been a full time starter in his career. I applied common sense to the situation and you get upset and bent out of shape, so whos the one hanging on whose words?

Ok, you don't hang on every word I say, how else do you see it? You respond to everything I say. I have 1900 posts... you've probably responded to 1850 of them..... hah.

I'm counting on Moses because he was a top 15 talent at one point in college and then had a down Senior year. Parcells is aid to be extremely high on this guy and I trust Parcells very much and his opinion. I've said before I dont think Wright will even make it out of camp, I'm sure you remember me saying that. And if you read the bottom of my previous post, I did re-iterate that it we could get him for cheap then I would be ok with it, I just dont think he will be cheap. And Moses didnt tank, he got cut by two of the most notoriously bad decision making/just generally unwise franchises in the NFL in the Cardinals and Raiders. They wouldn't know talent if it smacked them in the mouth! So I'm not holding it against them, plus AZ had a log jam at OLb, that's why they cut him (Berry, Okeafor, Pace, Blackstock). And like I said about Bell, it's my opinion, you have yours and I don't constantly bash whatever you say and hang on whatever you say so just stop hangin on my balls man, it's getting tiresome at this point.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow I cant beleive I totally forgot to mention 3-4 OLB Quentin Moses when I was ranting about having a glut at 3-4 OLB if we did sign Pace. I know I have made arguments about even changing Roth to 3-4 OLB but it seems that doesnt seem to be the consensus. I have also recently heard that the Parcells team is really high on this guy. I really liked him coming out of Georgia and thought he would be an ideal 3-4 OLB in the pros. I am starting to get real worried that Matt Ryan may be the guy we go with. I hope to god no because I would prefer Chris Long,Jake Long, or Vernon Gholston. I am just hoping that Atlanta wants Matty Ice so bad and they know that Parcells is going to take him that they offer us a second. Then we take the best Long left at #3.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Wow I cant beleive I totally forgot to mention 3-4 OLB Quentin Moses when I was ranting about having a glut at 3-4 OLB if we did sign Pace. I know I have made arguments about even changing Roth to 3-4 OLB but it seems that doesnt seem to be the consensus. I have also recently heard that the Parcells team is really high on this guy. I really liked him coming out of Georgia and thought he would be an ideal 3-4 OLB in the pros. I am starting to get real worried that Matt Ryan may be the guy we go with. I hope to god no because I would prefer Chris Long,Jake Long, or Vernon Gholston. I am just hoping that Atlanta wants Matty Ice so bad and they know that Parcells is going to take him that they offer us a second. Then we take the best Long left at #3.
or Gholston. :)

Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I don't constantly bash whatever you say and hang on whatever you say so just stop hangin on my balls man, it's getting tiresome at this point.
Ok bro, your a ******* moron. There like a total of 5 Dolphin fans on here and we all post on these boards. Sorry if you think your hot **** and think I actually give a **** about you. I respond to BBC, quagmire and draftguru just as often as I reply to you but they don't post as often, as long or as crazy as you do so there's not the constant discussions like there are with you. But, w/e bro. I'm done with this ********. Get over yourself. Your not that cool and no matter what you think, I don't hang around a key board all day to see what you type. I got better **** to do with my life.

Guru, sorry in advice for the language. This guy just sets me off sometimes. No need for him to bring up all the sort **** he says about me and frankly I get tired of taking it. I'll add him to my block list and you can go ahead and flag my post as an infraction but I just had to get this off my chest.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 03-05-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Ok bro, your a ******* moron. There like a total of 5 Dolphin fans on here and we all post on these boards. Sorry if you think your hot **** and think I actually give a **** about you. I respond to BBC, quagmire and draftguru just as often as I reply to you but they don't post as often, as long or as crazy as you do so there's not the constant discussions like there are with you. But, w/e bro. I'm done with this ********. Get over yourself. Your not that cool and no matter what you think, I don't hang around a key board all day to see what you type. I got better **** to do with my life.

Guru, sorry in advice for the language. This guy just sets me off sometimes. No need for him to bring up all the sort **** he says about me and frankly I get tired of taking it. I'll add him to my block list and you can go ahead and flag my post as an infraction but I just had to get this off my chest.
That was cute. I enjoyed that.

Funny how worked up some people can get on a message board sometimes. Go ahead and "Block" me... haha. Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

The Dolphins met with free agent DL William Joseph on Friday.

Joseph is getting love from 3-4 clubs, where he'd likely be put at defensive end. He's got a meeting set up with the Browns for this weekend.

Source: http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite...contentID=5708

I know he has been a big-time bust up until now with the Giants, but maybe just a change of scenery is needed and change of system. IMO, he could be a beast as a 3-4 DE, has all the tools and just needs to get it together. Man, I really hope we sign him. He was big time at Miami! I used to love this guy when he played at the U... was friggin DOMINANT!

Come on Big Tuna, let's bring him back home!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree I have always been a big fan of William Joseph from his days at the U. Loved it when my Giants took him but he was more a victim of the injury bug when he played for us then a total outright bust. Would love to see him back in Miami playing for my adopted Phins team as I think he has great potential as an end in the 3-4.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I agree I have always been a big fan of William Joseph from his days at the U. Loved it when my Giants took him but he was more a victim of the injury bug when he played for us then a total outright bust. Would love to see him back in Miami playing for my adopted Phins team as I think he has great potential as an end in the 3-4.
There's still quote a few people are are talking to.

Williams Joseph. Would be solid as a 3-4 DE but I hope he doesn't take time away from Randy Starks or Rod Wright who are both developing and will be better long term.

Keith Davis. Special teams ace and a backup safety. I love the fact we are going after top notch ST players like Charlie Anderson, Boomer Grigsby, Tab Perry (still not signed) and now Davis. Wouldn't mind his addition at all.

Barry Sims. Easily my favorite move. If we can get him on a 2 year deal and draft a OT with our low 2nd, that's ideal in my mind. Gives us a year to groom the guy as Sims can still play a very solid LT and be an excellent mentor.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:

Williams Joseph. Would be solid as a 3-4 DE but I hope he doesn't take time away from Randy Starks or Rod Wright who are both developing and will be better long term.

Keith Davis. Special teams ace and a backup safety. I love the fact we are going after top notch ST players like Charlie Anderson, Boomer Grigsby, Tab Perry (still not signed) and now Davis. Wouldn't mind his addition at all.

Barry Sims. Easily my favorite move. If we can get him on a 2 year deal and draft a OT with our low 2nd, that's ideal in my mind. Gives us a year to groom the guy as Sims can still play a very solid LT and be an excellent mentor.
I agree. I hope we can get Sims locked up so it lessens the chance of us taking Jake Long and getting someone in the 2nd or 3rd instead. I Would love to get all three of those guys. I don't mind Joseph taking snaps away from Starks because I feel Joseph could be a much better player if he can stay healthy, but not Rod Wright. Rod is gonna be a special player for a long time for us IMO. He is very talented and I look forward to seeing his progression and hopefully a breakout year from him in '08.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:

Joe,

If Joseph is signed for cheap, I think he is a nice fit. He is still young enough to where he can be part of the future here if he shows something.

Davis is just like you said. Extra depth at S, but good ST guy. Looks like Tuna is really making sure that at least our ST should be greatly improved immediately.

Sims would be an OK transition guy to groom the future LT, though I would not give up a lot of cash to sign him.

I am hoping the Tab Perry and/or Darryl Blackstock signings happen. Both are young guys with ability who fit the size profile wanted for their positions and have the upside that this rebuilding project needs......
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Joe,

If Joseph is signed for cheap, I think he is a nice fit. He is still young enough to where he can be part of the future here if he shows something.

Davis is just like you said. Extra depth at S, but good ST guy. Looks like Tuna is really making sure that at least our ST should be greatly improved immediately.

Sims would be an OK transition guy to groom the future LT, though I would not give up a lot of cash to sign him.

I am hoping the Tab Perry and/or Darryl Blackstock signings happen. Both are young guys with ability who fit the size profile wanted for their positions and have the upside that this rebuilding project needs......
Blackstock already eliminated us. He's between the Browns and one other team. Perry left without a contract. Davis is visiting us today.

I'd love to come away with Davis, Sims and Joseph. That would be a fine haul to end the offseason. None should cost too much and the only competition we got is Cleveland for Joseph. Sims and Davis should be ours as long as their contracts are reasonable (which they should be)