Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Damn Jets!!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:00 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I heard it is going to be a 2009 3rd rounder than can become a 2nd rounder with performance.
That's what I've been saying all along that I'd trade for Vilma.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...,4306016.story

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 02-29-2008 at 06:04 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Haha...why is a 2009 pick nothing? Is the NFL going to shut down next year?
I don't know if we trade away one of our better guys I would just like to get something that will help the team now, not next year.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I don't know if we trade away one of our better guys I would just like to get something that will help the team now, not next year.
Vilma is worth next to nothing in your current scheme, and he'll be phenomenal in the saint's system, so I'd say it's a pretty sweet deal.

PS: I hate the saints if this goes down.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be really happy when this becomes official. Jonathan Vilma will be great in our defense. Anyone know the price? I'm guessing it's our 3rd round pick.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If vilma can prove that he can be 100% healthy than Saints struck gold. Vilma when health easily top 10 LB in the league. Saints just upgraded there defense greatly.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

It says that the jets will receive a conditional draft pick.

here is the foxsports.com link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...ilma-to-Saints
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. I like that deal. We keep our picks this year, and next year we give up what the Jets deserve in return for him. Next year we should also pick lower in each round than this year.

Signature made by me

Old 02-29-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I cant wait for this to be official. I realy want Vilma in Black and Gold

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Never mind just read it was official...wooohooo

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-29-2008, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Got a source? I have read it's just a matter of time, but nothing completely official yet.

Signature made by me

Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

I read it here. But I think you already posted this link on the Saints Thread?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-29-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Yeah. That was me. It's as good as done, but I don't think it's official yet?

Signature made by me

Old 02-29-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

I know me and you both have been dieing for this to go through. I am so happy with this move. And we dont have to give anything up till next year. And that pick is proformance based. I hope to give up a high pick becouse i want him to blow up on our D.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-29-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Yeah. This is the best move we could make I think. It's really looking like Sean Payton will make a big effort to fix our defense this offseason, and I'm liking it :)

Signature made by me

Old 02-29-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Saints switching to a Tampa 2? They seem to be acquiring/interested in a lot of personnel that are best suited to it.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

I hope that there will be alot of change on D this year. But i dont think they are changing to a Tampa 2.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Jets fans are upset about this.

Vilma has been a ghost since switching to the 3-4.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

He is a great player, but the Jets can't use him as long as they are using the 3-4 defense. So this is a good deal for both teams.

Signature made by me

Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post

i'm upset because he's my favorite player, that's all. Seeing my favorite player leave, and with nothing to show for it on the field this year just makes it hurt a little bit more.

The Saints just got a new fan though as i will be cheering for them in the NFC now....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, I'm guessing that the Saints wouldn't have made this deal without feeling fairly strong that Vilma would play this year, thus leading me to believe that the conditions to up the pick is probably fairly achievable.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've been discussing in the Saints offseason thread for some time that this is a contract year for Vilma, whoever made the trade knew this going in.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
i'm upset because he's my favorite player, that's all. Seeing my favorite player leave, and with nothing to show for it on the field this year just makes it hurt a little bit more.

The Saints just got a new fan though as i will be cheering for them in the NFC now....
I have always been a Vilma fan so I am very happy...And about being a fan we need all the fans we can get.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-29-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post

He's a good young player and he could have rebounded in the 3-4 now that the Jets have Kris Jenkins.

And because I think the Jets got fleeced in this deal.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya, its an interesting situation. The Jets put Vilma in a bad schemed defense for his abilities. They didn't give him a NT to keep guys off of him. They trade him when they finally get a potential space eater to eat up offensive linemen, where Vilma could have maybe finally produced. However, waiting may have left the Jets with nothing due to the expiring contract.

In all honesty, this is as much as the Jets could have gotten probably. The deal allows the Jets to get increased value if Vilma produces/is healthy in the upcoming year. I hope this can reach a 2nd rounder. If he doesn't, then the value obviously drops, but the extra incentive is that he is in a contract year, so in my opinion, this gives the Jets probably as good a deal as they could have gotten given the decreased production and injury.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote