Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 02-29-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default FA signings that impact us

well, the fins jumped on smiley. so theres one guard gone that we may have been looking at

link: http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/defau...m=1036034&mode
Old 02-29-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

with everything thats been going on in the past few days this is starting to look like a very ugly offseason for us.../sigh
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha..lets not get too depressed about Justin Smiley.

I really doubt we were targeting him anyway. He's pretty much strictly a right guard, which is where he will play in Miami.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i know, that was just a general statement about my feeling of our preceived lack of will/want to go after what we need
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

again, not a guy we were probably looking at but OT kwame harris is a raider now too...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Talking

How do you guys feel about SS-Gibril Wilson? I would really like for us to make an honest effort at him so that way we don't have to make Safety as much of a need come draft time. Right now we're in a situation where we could use 2 draftee's at the position instead of 1. I'm really hoping we make a splash at him. I'm hoping Briggs doesn't get the love he thought he would making him sign with us..lol
Old 02-29-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
How do you guys feel about SS-Gibril Wilson? I would really like for us to make an honest effort at him so that way we don't have to make Safety as much of a need come draft time. Right now we're in a situation where we could use 2 draftee's at the position instead of 1. I'm really hoping we make a splash at him. I'm hoping Briggs doesn't get the love he thought he would making him sign with us..lol
Why do we need another SS?

I'd pick ty law over gibril wilson.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

well one safety we wont get is madeau williams, hes a viking now
Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Jags have reached an agreement with Jerry Porter on a six-year deal worth $30 million, with $10 million in guaranteed money.

I never really wanted Porter, but that should set the market for D.J Hackett and Bryant Johnson. All three will likely get similar deals.

Considering we offered Berrian 5 years-25 million with 8 mil to sign, we better up the ante or be real comfortable with Hester-Bradley for next year.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

aye, i wasnt looking at porter much either but theres another one gone. devery henderson is also likely to sign with tampa, so theres another WR potentially gone. one we were looking at? probably not....but nonetheless, the market goes down a little more without us doing anything
Old 02-29-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Henderson signing with Tampa would actually be great for us, as it eliminates another team looking at Berrian, Hackett, and Johnson. Same with Jacksonville really.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Henderson signing with Tampa would actually be great for us, as it eliminates another team looking at Berrian, Hackett, and Johnson. Same with Jacksonville really.
very true though i think berrian is going to be a viking. the owner wilf did the whole pick him up in his personal plane and barricade him there ive read. so who knows but that seems like a bad sign.....

out of those other 2 though, who do you prefer? i think hackett might not be a bad addition but i think washington might be trying pool some resources to grab him since his position coach is the HC there now.

we might be stuck with the leftover johnson....eh. might be alright but i kind of wonder if we wouldnt get eh same potential (and cheaper) if we just tried going with hester/bradley/davis/first 3 round rookie
Old 02-29-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I've let it be known I prefer Hackett to Johnson.

Both have been limited exposure because of the people playing in front of them, but I think Hackett gives better upside. I look at Johnson and see a career #2/#3 tweener. Hackett is probably in that mold too, but could be a more dynamic starter if given the opportuity.

I also am pretty sure the Vikes will sign Berrian. I'm hoping that JA can at least jake the price up on them though. The Vikings have a history of drastically overpaying for people.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

aye, raising the price a little would be smart since its also a division rival and all...

also, dont know if any of these affect us but the dolphins signed reggie torbor, ernest wilford and randy starks. so theres a WR and DT gone now too
Old 02-29-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone heard about any disgruntled receivers wanted to be traded? lol it looks like if we want a half-way decent one itll be drafted or traded for at this rate.

on a side note, 1 3rd and 5th for Shaun Rogers. I wonder if itll take a 2nd and 5th for Stroud then?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think stroud would be any good for us

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I dont think stroud would be any good for us
i was just asking if that would be the price. I dont think we need him, but is that what it takes to get him about? Im just wondering if his value is higher than Rogers.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
i was just asking if that would be the price. I dont think we need him, but is that what it takes to get him about? Im just wondering if his value is higher than Rogers.
idk, id say it would be similar though. maybe a 3rd and a condition 4/5 or something.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
idk, id say it would be similar though. maybe a 3rd and a condition 4/5 or something.
I would rather select someone who doesn't like to ***** everytime contract time rolls around. Here's an update on someone I was hoping we'd take a look at.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008...h_wr.html#more
Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I love how the Bears are trying to cover face by telling anyone that will listen that activity in FA doesn't equal winning.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4427

To Jerry's credit he's been saying the same thing since he took over, and he's right, but it's funny because they are clearly anticipating their fan base being pissed off about not signing Faneca and not resigning their own players.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I would rather select someone who doesn't like to ***** everytime contract time rolls around. Here's an update on someone I was hoping we'd take a look at.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008...h_wr.html#more
wait, i wasnt saying i wanted stroud, i was just answering his question as to what it would probably take to land stroud.

anyway, we've been discussing johnson over in the other thread. my opinion is mixed, idk if its worth paying him a lot since he might not actually be that much better than what we would go in with anyway

also, anyone who wanted us to get gibril wilson is SoL. he just signed with the raiders for something in the ball park of 6 years 39 mil
Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Let's say the Bears give Johnson the same contract they offered Berrian (5-25 with 8 mil guaranteed).

I think that would be a great deal for both sides honestly. It's slightly less than what the Jags gave Jerry Porter.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Let's say the Bears give Johnson the same contract they offered Berrian (5-25 with 8 mil guaranteed).

I think that would be a great deal for both sides honestly. It's slightly less than what the Jags gave Jerry Porter.
I'm hoping we don't give Johnson anything NEAR what they offered Berrian. I won't be mad if they do but he hasn't proven what Berrian has. I know he's capable of it but he hasn't put up the number to warrant that type of pay. I'm hoping we can get a good deal on him personally. With the way this FA has gone sofar we may end up paying out the a__.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
wait, i wasnt saying i wanted stroud, i was just answering his question as to what it would probably take to land stroud.

anyway, we've been discussing johnson over in the other thread. my opinion is mixed, idk if its worth paying him a lot since he might not actually be that much better than what we would go in with anyway

also, anyone who wanted us to get gibril wilson is SoL. he just signed with the raiders for something in the ball park of 6 years 39 mil
It was probably me...well that burns. lol
Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

The offer we gave to Berrian is a ******* joke. He'll likely get twice that.

Honestly it's embaressing how cheap the Bears are sometimes.

8 mil to sign is a good deal for Johnson. Look around at the market. Justin Smiley got 9 mil and he's a mediocre guard.