Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
VOLEK STAYS PUT

A strong performance in the AFC divisional round against the Colts wasn't enough to get Chargers quarterback Billy Volek any big offers in free agency.

And so he'll stay with the Bolts, with a three year deal.

"This is a great team," Volek told the San Diego Union Tribune.

Volek reportedly drew interest from the Bears, Vikings, Raiders, and Bills.
looks like we were interested in volek at one point....im a little glad that didnt happen
Old 02-29-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Why do we need another SS?

I'd pick ty law over gibril wilson.
I have the above question about cornerbacks. Tillman, Vasher, & RMJ are one of the best starting/nickel trios and McBride showed promise as a rookie.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aq is going under the false notion that ty law can play safety in our defense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
I have the above question about cornerbacks. Tillman, Vasher, & RMJ are one of the best starting/nickel trios and McBride showed promise as a rookie.
i....agree? im not sure what the question is but that is a pretty nice group of corners
Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

looks like beefalo is bringing in bryant johnson for a visit. this is what i meant earlier in that if we want any of these guys, we at least need to get off our asses and start talking to them.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

again, not a guy we were probably looking at but cleveland just signed stallworth removing another FA WR from teh market
Old 03-01-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
looks like beefalo is bringing in bryant johnson for a visit. this is what i meant earlier in that if we want any of these guys, we at least need to get off our asses and start talking to them.
This is what I despise from our franchise. They play this wait game crap and get burned everytime. There is no sense of urgency even when our players get ripped from us. Bryant Johnson should be a priority right now to help our now anemic receiving core. I think waiting on Briggs could work in our favor but they should really bring in Demorrio Williams asap.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
This is what I despise from our franchise. They play this wait game crap and get burned everytime. There is no sense of urgency even when our players get ripped from us. Bryant Johnson should be a priority right now to help our now anemic receiving core. I think waiting on Briggs could work in our favor but they should really bring in Demorrio Williams asap.
well waiting on briggs did work. waiting on....anyone else....really hasnt.....

btw, teh contract for briggs is 6 years, 36 mil, 12 mil guranteed
Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
well waiting on briggs did work. waiting on....anyone else....really hasnt.....

btw, teh contract for briggs is 6 years, 36 mil, 12 mil guranteed
Damnit..just posted that..lol! Nice find Beer.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
aq is going under the false notion that ty law can play safety in our defense.
Why can't he?
He's played under Herm Edwards for 2 years. I don't see why he couldn't.

Sure he wouldn't play a SS. But, he's good in coverage, he has the size, mentality, motivated, and would provide depth even if he doesn't have the same speed that'd be necessary for a cornerback due to his age. He'll be a good asset as a FS.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop Gap. We are not that close to being contenders IMO, I would pass on Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Stop Gap. We are not that close to being contenders IMO, I would pass on Law
well, ill agree to pass on him because he would only be a stop gap but i think with a healthy defense and hester doing his thing, we could be a .500 team and in the NFC, thats almost enough to contend.

we get a few lucky breaks and who knows....it all depends on the offense though
Old 03-02-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we take a look at OL Maurice Williams. He can play RT or OG and I liked what I saw from him in the few Jags games I watched. He could give us some flexibility with the draft.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Why can't he?
He's played under Herm Edwards for 2 years. I don't see why he couldn't.

Sure he wouldn't play a SS. But, he's good in coverage, he has the size, mentality, motivated, and would provide depth even if he doesn't have the same speed that'd be necessary for a cornerback due to his age. He'll be a good asset as a FS.
Why in the world would we sign a 34 year old ex-cornerback to provide depth at safety? Just look at what you're saying and tell me it makes sense.

And free safties in our scheme need a ton of speed because they are covering half the field. I mean....honestly....

Old 03-02-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

well, theres a bunch of teams interested in the released javon walker and im glad to say we're not among them

"According to Michael Smith of ESPN.com, at least ten teams have inquired about receiver Javon Walker's availability -- the 49ers, Bills, Buccaneers, Panthers, Raiders, Vikings, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles."

phew....one injury prone headache we wont be adding
Old 03-02-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Bryant Johnson is close to agreement w/ the Bills or has agreed to contract. I am not sold on Hackett, I like him, but I am not sold on his potential to be a good reciever, and stay healthy. I hope that we now look at Hardy/Sweed/Urrita and some other WRs in the draft.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Looks like Bryant Johnson is close to agreement w/ the Bills or has agreed to contract. I am not sold on Hackett, I like him, but I am not sold on his potential to be a good reciever, and stay healthy. I hope that we now look at Hardy/Sweed/Urrita and some other WRs in the draft.
boy, i wasnt really all for signing johnson anyway but man, to see the well keep getting dryer.....its not a good feeling.

as for some rookies, hardy and sweed probably arent going to be our picks in round 1 and i highly doubt theyre still around at our 2nd rounder. and urrutia....eh, hes probably a late round, developmental kind of guy at best.

its looking more and more like bradley and hester as 1 and 2 right now. loads of potential there as we've discussed many a times here, but very little proven....

i think we should add a big bodied WR with one of our 2 3rd rounders. adrian arrington, adarius bowman, simpson, nelson, etc...theyd all fit the bill. out of those guys, i think id prefer arrington
Old 03-02-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

I wasnt to h ot on the Johnson signing either, but I think it would have been a little more stable. Maybe Sweed and Hardy dont make it out of round 1, but remember who our GM is, he will look for a trade down ;).

I dont know much about Bowman or Simpson, but I wouldnt want Nelson on the team..probably b/c of the overhype here lol. And I agree a big bodied reciever, I like Monk a lot too as a later round pick, and like I said, I wouldnt mind Urrita b/c of his height, and decent speed

Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we sign someone on offense. I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope we can bring in Maurice Williams and Hackett.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Im crossing my fingers for Jacob Bell, or Jake Scott depending on whether he can flourish outside of Indy (which I hear is a knock on their OLmen). Thats about it now.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
I wasnt to h ot on the Johnson signing either, but I think it would have been a little more stable. Maybe Sweed and Hardy dont make it out of round 1, but remember who our GM is, he will look for a trade down ;).

I dont know much about Bowman or Simpson, but I wouldnt want Nelson on the team..probably b/c of the overhype here lol. And I agree a big bodied reciever, I like Monk a lot too as a later round pick, and like I said, I wouldnt mind Urrita b/c of his height, and decent speed
The only reciever I actually want out of that bunch is Jordy. I think he has good potential. He catches the ball well with his hands, has a nice build and has good long speed. His only major weakness is that he has a real slow first couple steps.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Im crossing my fingers for Jacob Bell, or Jake Scott depending on whether he can flourish outside of Indy (which I hear is a knock on their OLmen). Thats about it now.
wouldnt want teh colts guys.....undersized if i recall correctly and like you said, product of a crazy good offensive system which we have nothing like...

and as for the receivers, id take any out of that bunch listed above with arrington as my favorite.

and ive kind of given up on FA receivers. hackett gets a "meh" at best and theres none others that im aware of that would be worth a damn
Old 03-03-2008, 03:05 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
He has a huge upside IF he can stay healthy. The problem is...IF he can stay healthy. How many times have we heard this one before. I wouldn't be upset because if he could turn around his career and remain healthy he'd definatelly be a very solid starter.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

The problem with Jake Scott is that he's essentially limited to RG, and we've got more needs to fill than to worry about Garza at this point.

I really like Jacob Bell, but I think we may shy away because he's a bit smallish. I'm really suprised a team like the Packers hasn't jumped all over him though.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

so if we dont end up signing any guards, what does the prospect of drafting someone in rounds 2-4 and then have them compete with st. clair look like?