Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
SPQRBucs
Rookie

SPQRBucs hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jeff Faine to Bucs

Heard this. The Bucs have signed Jeff Caine to a long-term contract, making him the highest-paid Center in the league.

Official announcement should come soon. My apologies if this has been posted.
SPQRBucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was posted in this thread

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...357#post923357

but you should have put this in your team thread

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think it's okay for big signees to have their own thread, and this is a big signee. I'm surprised by this move, but it's a good move. Faine is a big upgrade, someone for their kids to anchor around. Not sure this bodes well for say, Buenning's future, but well, Buenning isn't anyone to get too worked over (on a side note, my memory's slipping me, who was the NC State OT they drafted a couple years back? I think it was the Bucs. I should just go to nfl.com's draft history site ... ahh Chris Colmer ... hope he's doing well now). Furthermore, he could provide them with some knowledge on the Saints, and he forces the Saints to have a big hole to fill.

Last edited by toonsterwu : 02-29-2008 at 01:52 AM.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm fine with this. Faine is by far the top guy at his position available in FO.

According to Saints fans they have the replacement in house, and were expecting Faine to walk.

Good signing for the Bucs. Fills a need and Faine is a good young player.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Furthermore, he could provide them with some knowledge on the Saints, and he forces the Saints to have a big hole to fill.
Not really. He got outplayed by Jonathan Goodwin last season - could be because he was injured, but Brees noticeably played better with Goodwin at center.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Faine is no LeCharles Bentley!!!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, Jonathan Goodwin? I would've chanced it with Faine vs. Goodwin between the two if the choice was available (obviously, FA status negates that).

I'll say this - if Goodwin finally has turned the corner, he'll offer much better size in the middle, which might be nice. Of course, you'd like to get a RB that can really take advantage of the bulk, which, unless Deuce is back, I'm not sure, but that's for a whole other thread.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
SPQRBucs
Rookie

SPQRBucs hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just an update for everyone. Apparently Faine signed a 6 year $44 million deal. As a Buc fan myself, Im a little hesitant to be happy about such a huge amount of money being given to a player that has supposedly had a history of injury concerns.

But I have faith in Bruce Allen, who is just a salary cap master.
SPQRBucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, Jonathan Goodwin? I would've chanced it with Faine vs. Goodwin between the two if the choice was available (obviously, FA status negates that).

I'll say this - if Goodwin finally has turned the corner, he'll offer much better size in the middle, which might be nice. Of course, you'd like to get a RB that can really take advantage of the bulk, which, unless Deuce is back, I'm not sure, but that's for a whole other thread.
With Pierre Thomas or Michael Turner, it should be fine. Goodwin absolutely handled the Jaguars' defensive line (which was the biggest game I was worried about last season) - had that been Faine, I'm willing to bet it would have been a different story. We resigned Goodwin earlier this week to a one-year deal and let Faine walk. This is basically Goodwin's chance to shine. Brees already mentioned how comfortable he was with Goodwin at center.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 02-29-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPQRBucs View Post
Just an update for everyone. Apparently Faine signed a 6 year $44 million deal. As a Buc fan myself, Im a little hesitant to be happy about such a huge amount of money being given to a player that has supposedly had a history of injury concerns.

But I have faith in Bruce Allen, who is just a salary cap master.
I'd be more curious on the breakdown, as Bruce Allen's history suggests to me that this deal could be structured to offer them an out.

Odd, I thought Goodwin's deal was 3/8.5. Was that another Saints player?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Odd, I thought Goodwin's deal was 3/8.5. Was that another Saints player?
Hm, we've resigned Gramatica, Copper, Nesbit, Goodwin, and now Simonho & Brian Young. Don't think any of them got 3/8.5, though. The deal we gave to Young makes me roll my eyes, though.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty lame KC was next on his list to talk to...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I liked Faine.. yet Im not sad to see him go.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice sign for the bucs, but i think the bucs gave a little to much money.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curse You Tampa And All Your Cap Room!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I agree good move by the bucs..they got the cap room to sign ...why not.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'd be more curious on the breakdown, as Bruce Allen's history suggests to me that this deal could be structured to offer them an out.
If anything it would be front loaded so that they can get to the minimum salary required for the year. They can spend up to $44 million, but have to spend atleast $28 million this year.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faine is a ridiculous C to be paying otp dollar for the position for.

Casey Hampton ran him out of the AFC North. He can probably get away with playing in the AFC South because of the smaller quicker defensive tackles, But he's going ot have troubles playing any Nose Tackle worth his salt.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Faine is a ridiculous C to be paying otp dollar for the position for.

Casey Hampton ran him out of the AFC North. He can probably get away with playing in the AFC South because of the smaller quicker defensive tackles, But he's going ot have troubles playing any Nose Tackle worth his salt.
Ding, ding, ding. When it comes to blocking big, physical DTs he fails at life.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

How is Jeff Faine worthy of his own thread here and Tedy Bruschi gets moved? Haha, funny stuff.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
How is Jeff Faine worthy of his own thread here and Tedy Bruschi gets moved? Haha, funny stuff.
Cause Jeff Faine is a starter, and the best player at his position in free agency. Bruschi is a situational backup at this point in his career. I would bet you that half the board didn't even know he was a free agent. It's only relevant to Patriots fans.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Jeff Faine has signed with a new team. That should count for something. A player resigning with his former team isn't to much to discuss. That's just my opinion though. When I come to think about it, Jeff Faine was also the first big name guy to sign with a new team.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Cause Jeff Faine is a starter, and the best player at his position in free agency. Bruschi is a situational backup at this point in his career. I would bet you that half the board didn't even know he was a free agent. It's only relevant to Patriots fans.
I didn't even know Bruschi was still alive. The same shock I got when I heard Carol Burnett is going to be in the new Dr. Seuss movie.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Tedy Bruschi led the Patriots in tackles this year, tied an NFL record for Super Bowl appearances and is a borderline Hall of Famer. Jeff Faine hikes a football. You are wrong. But whatever, it's stupid to begin with.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Tedy Bruschi led the Patriots in tackles this year, tied an NFL record for Super Bowl appearances and is a borderline Hall of Famer. Jeff Faine hikes a football. You are wrong. But whatever, it's stupid to begin with.
LOL, are you trying to convey that a center isn't important? Faine HIKES a football? Get out of here with that.