Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Well, we don't know what the Patriots are doing, either. If they are coming out and trying to take advantage of Moss by low-balling him, then they deserve this smack in the face.
Yeah, I know what you mean. But like it was prevously stated, we can work with no name guys, and a corps of Welker, Gaffney, Jackson and Washinton (maybe if they are re-signed). Then again, we had a defense in their prime who bailed us out. To be honest though, I dont see the front having any problems. When I say front, I mean the front 5. Wilfork, Seymour, Warren, Thomas and Vrabel are great, and right now are at the top of their game. The inside guys (although I love him to death) Bruschi is getting olde, but I have no doubts about him. Im not too worried about the defense right now.

After all, they really didnt A BAD job this season, and didnt really get "burned" or "eaten" as everyone on this board is suggesting.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
With an aging defense that just lost a LB and 2 starting CB's I think they should be worried about losing Moss. This team has been fairl exsposed by the Giants on how to beat them and without a dominate deep threat WR to keep teams honest, the plan will only work better.

Keep in mind that if this team gets busted for Spygate 2, the rumor is Bill Belicheat will be forced out.

I see the Patriots falling fast.
Yippee!!! There is a god!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be getting nervous if I were a Pats fan. They are going to lose both of their starting CBs, and have holes to fill at LB with (name inserted here) being cut and Seau having surgery. Moss is questionable, but he may be back anyway, but a good third WR in Stallworth is gone.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though to be honest, the Giants are losing a lot as well. They may not be losing the calibur of starters, but they sure are losing a lot.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I would be getting nervous if I were a Pats fan. They are going to lose both of their starting CBs, and have holes to fill at LB with (name inserted here) being cut and Seau having surgery. Moss is questionable, but he may be back anyway, but a good third WR in Stallworth is gone.
Losing both CB's? LB being cut and we have holes to fill? The OLB are one of the best duo's in the league, and we have a reliable Tedy Bruschi in the middle. We just have the one spot to fill. But we do have guys like Eric alexander and Pierre Woods who have shown bright flashes.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I hope that Tom goes wherever Randy goes for real...some place with a mediocre OL to show how much of a BUM he is. Actually, I'd rather see the Pats just fall apart...buncha cheaters.
Bitter much? His legacy is written, and it will NEVER change, and certainly not because the rest of the team around him sucks...

But you can dream.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Losing both CB's? LB being cut and we have holes to fill? The OLB are one of the best duo's in the league, and we have a reliable Tedy Bruschi in the middle. We just have the one spot to fill. But we do have guys like Eric alexander and Pierre Woods who have shown bright flashes.
Randall G-A-Y will no longer be with the Pats and you guys cut one of your OLBs, (Still can't remember his name)

Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Randall G-A-Y will no longer be with the Pats and you guys cut one of your OLBs, (Still can't remember his name)
OK, you said starting DB's, Randall wasnt one of them. He was a decent nickle back, and was allright when he was called into take one of Samuel or Hobb's spot. We cut Colvin, but both Vrabel and Thomas are better OLB's in any case.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Patriots still have their best players on their roster.

#1 best player on their team is Faulk
#1 best player on defense is Vrabel.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
With an aging defense that just lost a LB and 2 starting CB's I think they should be worried about losing Moss. This team has been fairl exsposed by the Giants on how to beat them and without a dominate deep threat WR to keep teams honest, the plan will only work better.

Keep in mind that if this team gets busted for Spygate 2, the rumor is Bill Belicheat will be forced out.

I see the Patriots falling fast.
One starting corner (asante), and one nickel back (Gaye). Hobbs is the #2 corner

I don't think the pats were really exposed by the giants. everyone knew all year that to be the pats you have to get into brady's face without blitzing. its just that they were the only team to actually do it.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Exactly what I said throughout the year. Im just too lazy to go back and look through all my posts, but like I said earlier, this one year of Randy being a "good" guy hasnt changed him from 13 years of being an "asshole". I always said that once he hits FA, and someone throws big money in his face, the Patriots or getting a ring wont really matter that much.
Jeeeeeeee-eeez.

Quick Question: What's Belicheck? A "Good" Guy?

"I always said once he hits FA..."....You said Jack, man. Everyone and their mother said Randy would sign with the Pats - except me, because I saw this coming a mile away based on the past years of watching the Pats treat their players - players that meant a lot more to the organization than Moss did (Law, Milloy, etc, etc).

They tried to lowball him, people - and I'm gonna go on a limb but I think it's a strong limb - and Randy said "**** that, You need me more than I need You" - which is True when looking at that roster. Hey, he gave them a one-year discount, and if Belicheck hadn't coached his worst game in Years, they'd have another ring. He doesn't and shouldn't have to give them another discount.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the point of franchising Moss was not to keep other teams from throwing money, but to guarantee you can keep him for at least one more year...Maybe they did try though, and Moss said he didnt want to be tagged, but it just doesnt make sense...I know there are going to be 38394742 rumors about what teams he goes to, ill wait for something concrete about who he went to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingMoss View Post
Jeeeeeeee-eeez.

"I always said once he hits FA..."....You said Jack, man. Everyone and their mother said Randy would sign with the Pats - except me, because I saw this coming a mile away based on the past years of watching the Pats treat their players - players that meant a lot more to the organization than Moss did (Law, Milloy, etc, etc).

They tried to lowball him, people - and I'm gonna go on a limb but I think it's a strong limb - and Randy said "**** that, You need me more than I need You" - which is True when looking at that roster. Hey, he gave them a one-year discount, and if Belicheck hadn't coached his worst game in Years, they'd have another ring. He doesn't and shouldn't have to give them another discount.
Are you joking me? Seriously? I have never seen you on this board before. Go look back at soem Patriots threads. I know I said it, and Im pretty sure that others remember me saying it too because I took some heat for it. Please go look back some.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Are you joking me? Seriously? I have never seen you on this board before. Go look back at soem Patriots threads. I know I said it, and Im pretty sure that others remember me saying it too because I took some heat for it. Please go look back some.
Meh, I was more pissed about the "asshole" line. If you said it, you said it.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Meh, I was more pissed about the "asshole" line. If you said it, you said it.
Well, maybe I did go a little over the top with that, but what I meant was Randy going back to the good ol' Randy. This year he wasnt the same as he was other years, and just this one year doesnt erase the past 12 years or so of him being someone else.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

Quote:
Well, maybe I did go a little over the top with that, but what I meant was Randy going back to the good ol' Randy. This year he wasnt the same as he was other years, and just this one year doesnt erase the past 12 years or so of him being someone else.
And I asked is Belicheck a "good guy".
Old 03-01-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And I asked is Belicheck a "good guy".
Ive never met him, but who says you need to be a good guy?
Old 03-01-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They didn't have any video all year and still set the NFL scoring record running the exact same, boring offense. Stop crying.

You are completely right that they can't lean on their defense next year, though...
I wasn't crying, you proved my point. I said next year if they lose Randy, they won't have him, taping, or a defense to lean on. That spells trouble in a serious way.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

They didn't have taping this year.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jeeeeeeee-eeez.

And how did all of those guys end up? Oh that's right, bouncing around the league or otherwise deteriorating in skills. Name me one guy we have let go for free that has really come back to burn us? Certainly not Deion Branch. We're sitting with the #7 pick in the draft right now because of him. He's rehabbing a torn ACL.

Quote:
You're absolutely correct about your last statement. He coached the worst game of his entire career and they lost. And they may be low-balling him. But you know, they've gone to four Super Bowls and five conference championships in the last seven years, all because of following the exact same business model they are following now.

We've pretty much stuck by the "In Bill we trust" mantra so far. It will suck to lose Moss but I've got to think somewhere in there, there's a plan...
Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Word through the grapevine is that the Patriots and Moss are close to agreeing to a 5 year, 52 million dollar contract, 25 guaranteed... I'll buy it when it's official though, but Shefter is reporting part of it so I'll buy that it is close...
Old 03-02-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Word through the grapevine is that the Patriots and Moss are close to agreeing to a 5 year, 52 million dollar contract, 25 guaranteed... I'll buy it when it's official though, but Shefter is reporting part of it so I'll buy that it is close...
The offense, if Moss signs, should be nearly as effective as last year but the biggest question for me formulates with the defense and their ability to stop opponents. They've got many aging pieces and have lost a big one in Samuel.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Wow. Yeah I don't want the Packers to go after him for that much. I was fine with 4 years $40 million.

Patriots got a lot of questions but they went 12-4 before they acquired all those guys last offseason. If Moss is coming back the only thing I'd be worried about is the CB's even though I like Ellis Hobbs. They could switch to a 4-3 if they want at any time. Thomas-Bruschi-Vrabel would be fine and they're 4 deep as far as starting quality players on the D Line

Bosanac01

Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk : 03-02-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Samuel was that big of a loss for them, but their 2008 team won't be near as good as the 2007 one that lost the superbowl due to age and loss of depth mostly.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Crvena Ptica

Quote:
If that's a case, think it would be enough to keep Randy in NE. I doubt there's a team which will give him better deal.