Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
amazingdonnie

Default Samuel signs monster-deal with Philly

Asante Samuel just signed a 7 year 95 Million deal in Philly, just heard it on the radio here.

Apparently he is being guaranteed 28 million of it.

Anyone seen anything on the web?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, nothing yet. I guess it's just a matter of time then.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guess this means a Lito Sheppard trade is guaranteed now
Old 02-29-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that is true, I am very pleased as a Giants fan. He is definitely not worth that money at all. I think it is a reaction to the Hall sweepstakes going on with the other 3 NFC East teams.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To bad Hall plays for Atlanta, cause I doubt they would want to trade him within the division.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

~13.5 mil a year

Definitely over payed, but they wanted a playmaker...

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may be a monster deal in terms of dollars, but what really matters are the structure of the bonuses and how much of the money is weighted towards the end of the deal. In theory, it could be a 3 year deal with a bunch of fluff.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, actual value, not paper value, is what counts. When we get those details, then we'll see what's doing.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before we judge this contract, if confirmed, let's wait for the breakdown. That's always more key than anything, and I wonder if this is backloaded, perhaps moreso than Clements was last year.

I like Samuel, but no way do I think this is worth it. I'm not even sure he's all that great of a fit, but that's my 2 cents. I think the Patriots style was something that fit him.

If this is confirmed, I'll be a tad surprised. It looks like the Eagles are gearing up for one more run, as I didn't expect them to make a move for a CB this big entering the offseason.

Let's not jump to conclusions on Lito just yet. Now, I'm guessing it'll likely happen, but they COULD move Sheldon Brown to safety, thus addressing another hole.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure there's some serious backloading going on, ala Nate Clements. 28M guaranteed, wow. Would someone else have really paid that?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Let's not jump to conclusions on Lito just yet. Now, I'm guessing it'll likely happen, but they COULD move Sheldon Brown to safety, thus addressing another hole.
They've got two younger guys in Considine and Mikkell who they like, and Brian Dawkins coming back for one more run. I don't see it, I suppose, especially when Brown was their most consistent corner in 07.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would not have wanted to pay that kind of money for him.....Im glad we did not get him if that was the cost.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
amazingdonnie

Got a brief link...

http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Old 02-29-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hopefully this comes with the agreement that they give the Patriots Lito Sheppard on the cheap for "letting" the Eagles talk to Samuel before they were actually allowed to...
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is probably the best link I could find:

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...p.asp?ID=62946

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mikell isn't exactly young (28 this year) and Considine hasn't exactly been a great fit. Now, that said, having safeties that really fit their scheme is easier said than done. It's a shame CJ Gaddis wasn't who I thought he might become.

I don't expect them to move Brown there, I was merely stating that conclusions on Lito shouldn't be made just yet. That said, I do expect them to add a safety to challenge for a starting role.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is some serious dough

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the eagles are planning on moving Brown to safety like Toon said, then we'd still have to draft a cb early to get a good nickel.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I was never in favor of this deal, but the Eagles have always done their homework. I trust their scouts when it comes to getting FA's and finding steals in the draft.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There are still some BS rumors out there that Lito Sheppard will be dealt. Who knows what will happen with this? I would almost rather keep Samuel, Brown, and Sheppard, but I don't see it happening.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big signing. I bet Eagles fans like the action more than anything. Samuel is a player and I don't like to see him in the NFC East. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but being the only team in the NFC East to not have a single Superbowl win can force a team to do drastic things. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
There are still some BS rumors out there that Lito Sheppard will be dealt. Who knows what will happen with this? I would almost rather keep Samuel, Brown, and Sheppard, but I don't see it happening.
Unless Brown moves to safety, I just don't see the value in keeping Sheppard. I find it a bit of a waste if that happens.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I just hope they don't trade Sheppard to the Pats, but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that they might/will.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Big signing. I bet Eagles fans like the action more than anything. Samuel is a player and I don't like to see him in the NFC East. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but being the only team in the NFC East to not have a single Superbowl win can force a team to do drastic things. ;)
I don't love the deal, but I think there is the Lito Sheppard string still dangling. More is to come out of this, so I'll really wait to see what's going to happen before I judge.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I just hope they don't trade Sheppard to the Pats, but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that they might/will.
What would the Pats offer for Lito? A late second rounder?