Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Wow this is going to make re-signing Antonio Cromartie fun. I guess the speculation Cro would be the first 100 mil CB is not that off the mark.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles signed Asante Samuel to a six-year contract.

A report earlier in the day said Samuel was set to make roughly $47.2 million over five, so perhaps they added a dummy year. The key is the first three years and Samuel probably will make $10 million per-year over that time. We think Samuel is only a borderline Pro Bowler, but his gambling nature matches up well with Jim Johnson's pressure defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been hearing the Eagles are trying to trade Shepperd and picks to the Cardinals for Larry Fitzgerald.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles signed Asante Samuel to a six-year contract. ESPN's John Clayton says it's for $54 million, with $6 million in incentives.

The key is the first three years and Samuel probably will make roughly $10 million per-year over that time. We think Samuel is only a borderline Pro Bowler, but his gambling nature matches up well with Jim Johnson's pressure defense. This could put Lito Sheppard on the open market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
He has a point.. You're claiming Tampering with no proof.

Hypocritical?

You complained in every Pats thread about how there wasn't "Proof" of the cheating violations.

Yet you want tampering charges brought about for what you think it tampering without proof?
That's not how it went down, and if you'd learn to read you'd know what I am saying. EVERYONE ELSE would say "there is no proof" if I were to say "everyone video tapes stuff." THAT is where the hypocrisy lies. That wasn't even a good try, that was a blatant attempt at changing history.

I have never once said what you are claiming me to say.

And contrary to what you may think, there is plenty of proof of tampering. That's why this story broke last night well before midnight and not today. There's no way the Eagles are scheduling a press conference for today at 9AM without having everything in place.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch, this one hurts. We lose Colvin and Wilson, now Asante. He was great here but we couldn't give him his money. We got a lot of room to work with now, and the CB need just got much bigger.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
That's not how it went down, and if you'd learn to read you'd know what I am saying. EVERYONE ELSE would say "there is no proof" if I were to say "everyone video tapes stuff." THAT is where the hypocrisy lies. That wasn't even a good try, that was a blatant attempt at changing history.

I have never once said what you are claiming me to say.

And contrary to what you may think, there is plenty of proof of tampering. That's why this story broke last night well before midnight and not today. There's no way the Eagles are scheduling a press conference for today at 9AM without having everything in place.
Dude he wasn't re-signing anyways.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Guess we'll never know...
Old 02-29-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles.com has a live webcast, they're talking to Joe Banner right now and maybe Jim Johnson too.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't seen the Samuel presser yet, but according to the webcast, apparently Andy Reid said that Samuel is the starting left corner.

A position previously occupied by Lito Sheppard.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Haven't seen the Samuel presser yet, but according to the webcast, apparently Andy Reid said that Samuel is the starting left corner.

A position previously occupied by Lito Sheppard.
Trade Sheppard to us, Philly. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Talk About Burn

Lito already listed as 3rd string corner
Brown & Samuel list as starters
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...Chart_Text.asp

they couldnt wait like a day lol
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Honestly, the more I think about this signing, the more I like it for the Eagles and Samuel. It's a good move by both parties.

Even if it means trading away Sheppard, who I really like.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Talk About Burn

Lito already listed as 3rd string corner
Brown & Samuel list as starters
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...Chart_Text.asp

they couldnt wait like a day lol
To me, that's hilarious. Training camp? Minicamp? NOPE! LOL.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Well, Reid did blantantly and knowingly say at today's press conference that Samuel is the starting left corner. He and everyone knew what it meant, although it couldn't be followed up on as he asked that the presser be about Samuel and no other player beforehand.

But there's a strong sense that Sheppard will be moved, or at least, as I perceive it.

And maybe that won't be the only trade the Eagles will make this offseason.

Last edited by Geo : 03-01-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this deal has good stuff to it, as well as some bad stuff.

First and foremost, anytime you add a good player to your team, its a good thing. The Eagles are a better team today than they were yesterday, make no mistake about it.

I question the fit. When i break down Asante Samuel, I see a guy who's primarily a zone defender, who gets a lot of help up top against dominant WRs in NE's scheme. He can run decent man, but he's never been asked to run alot of man coverage, and hes never been asked to be man up for a whole game against a dominant #1 WR.

So considering the scheme he's going into, where he'll run a ton of man and Cover 0, i question whether he'll translate as well into the scheme as Eagles fans hope he will. He loves to gamble and jump routes. He won't be able to do that nearly as much anymore because he's going to be in man, and also won't have that safety watching his back like he did in NE.

The money, I don't think its really that bad. Maybe Im wrong, but i have no issue with the money. Every FA gets paid a lot. Thats just how it is nowadays. My question is does the fit make sense?

We won't know the answer to that until we see him on the field. But make no mistake, the Eagles are a better team today, then they were yesterday.

If this is any indication, the Giants who run a very similar scheme, had no interest in Samuel. Our staff felt he was the product of the NE defense and didn't fit what we're trying to do, which is essentially the same thing that Philly does. So take that for what its worth.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-01-2008 at 07:55 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Skins could be looking at Lito.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk....html#comments
Old 03-01-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
i doubt the eagles trade him inside the division. unless synder is a total moron and gives up way too much for him, which is always a possibility.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

honestly, unless they get a deal they can't refuse, i think it would be dumb of Philly to trade Lito. In today's league, you need 3 solid CBs, especially in a scheme thats so dependent on CBs like the Eagles run. Your nickel defense is on the field almost as much as your base these days, having 3 CBs is a very good luxury to have. Especially in the NFC East where all the teams favor a spread 3 WR offense.

Im telling you guys, the Eagles are going to be good next year. If those DTs live up to expectations, and Abriamiri steps it up, theyre going to be good.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
honestly, unless they get a deal they can't refuse, i think it would be dumb of Philly to trade Lito. In today's league, you need 3 solid CBs, especially in a scheme thats so dependent on CBs like the Eagles run. Your nickel defense is on the field almost as much as your base these days, having 3 CBs is a very good luxury to have. Especially in the NFC East where all the teams favor a spread 3 WR offense.

Im telling you guys, the Eagles are going to be good next year. If those DTs live up to expectations, and Abriamiri steps it up, theyre going to be good.

the question i think is will Lito be ok with being #3, becuase i think he hes gonna want out
Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
the question i think is will Lito be ok with being #3, becuase i think he hes gonna want out
thats true as well. winning tends to cure player issues though. he'll throw a hissy fit, but once they start winning, he'll be quiet.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a #1 receiver in return if we trade Lito (we might have to add a pick or 2), I don't think Fitz is very likely so the guy I was hoping to get was Roy Williams, does them getting Leigh Bodden make them out of the hunt for Lito?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
thats true as well. winning tends to cure player issues though. he'll throw a hissy fit, but once they start winning, he'll be quiet.
yeah untill he wants to get paid lol should last a yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I want a #1 receiver in return if we trade Lito (we might have to add a pick or 2), I don't think Fitz is very likely so the guy I was hoping to get was Roy Williams, does them getting Leigh Bodden make them out of the hunt for Lito?
i dont think you can get a number 1 for him in 6yrs hes miss 20 games thats alot

Last edited by The Legend : 03-01-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this the artist fomrally known as Will Peterson won't be resigned. COME BACK TO BIG BLUE WILL!!!!!!!! he was one of my favorites. hopefully he gets a job somewhere, he's one of my aunts biggest clients
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I don't think Lito's really the #3, that was the website who put that there not the team. Reid said Asante was the LCB but didn't say anything else so I'm assuming Lito could still win it over Sheldon.