Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
And how exactly do you justify that?
I don't think there's any question that Berrian is a much better player and prospect than Crayton. Crayton is a career #3 guy. He's got solid intangibles but really offers no upside at all. If he was playing for the Bills nobody would even know who he is.

I agree that it was a crafty resign by the Cowboys, but it's wrong to think that Crayton would command that much money on the open market. He resigned for pretty cheap to be the #3 guy for a reason.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I miss a season or something? When the hell did Patrick Crayton become Greg Jennings? He's a decent guy who can play in a very talented Cowboys offense and put up good production because of it, but that's it.

In the case of Berrian and Porter, both guys are borderline #1s in my mind. Or at least, very good #2s. But they need to go to good offenses.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well...Porter has gone to a very good offense...I think it's safe to say that Porter can be very productive in a good offense...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree for the most part. With Garrard at quarterback and the offense line staying strong (Mo Williams needs to be replaced I believe), he'll bounce back closer to his earlier years in Oakland.

I think the Colts will have to keep Marlin Jackson at RCB in their nickel defense, to keep on him. Play a smaller guy on Northcutt in the slot.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I agree for the most part. With Garrard at quarterback and the offense line staying strong (Mo Williams needs to be replaced I believe), he'll bounce back closer to his earlier years in Oakland.

I think the Colts will have to keep Marlin Jackson at RCB in their nickel defense, to keep on him. Play a smaller guy on Northcutt in the slot.
I would love for the Jags to resign Mo Williams but he will get paid very handsomely....we have guys who can step in for him though, mainly Richard Collier and Uche Nwaneri
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't think there's any question that Berrian is a much better player and prospect than Crayton. Crayton is a career #3 guy. He's got solid intangibles but really offers no upside at all. If he was playing for the Bills nobody would even know who he is.

I agree that it was a crafty resign by the Cowboys, but it's wrong to think that Crayton would command that much money on the open market. He resigned for pretty cheap to be the #3 guy for a reason.
I agree. Crayton is a #3 who can step in at #2 in case of injury. But he's got excellent hands and has proven his ability in this league. Are Berrian and Porter twice as good as he? No, but they will/got paid twice as much.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't mind the additions the Jags have made at the receiver position recently. Like I said before good role players who should step in immediately and not disrupt anything positive they're doing on offense. I also like the nice contrast of speed and possession receivers they currently have on their roster. The last thing they need is any sorta me-first kinda guy there.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I agree. Crayton is a #3 who can step in at #2 in case of injury. But he's got excellent hands and has proven his ability in this league. Are Berrian and Porter twice as good as he? No, but they will/got paid twice as much.
I'm not sure how you would judge that. I get what you're saying, but it's really not that simple.

That said, I would personally rather have one Bernard Berrian on my team than two Craytons. That said I've made my love of Berrian very well known.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

bf's man-love for Berrian is confirmed. :)
Old 02-29-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not sure how you would judge that. I get what you're saying, but it's really not that simple.

That said, I would personally rather have one Bernard Berrian on my team than two Craytons. That said I've made my love of Berrian very well known.
I knew it......
Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey... at least the Jags went the FA route than the draft route. Props to them for figuring out how to avoid further embarrassment in that aspect.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote